Author Topic: come back  (Read 474 times)

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Storms Keep
come back
« on: December 01, 2019, 02:17:06 AM »
hi im trying to make a comeback
can someone help a fellow newbie

Kholos

• Overseer
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Tarsis Treehouse
Re: come back
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 12:32:58 PM »
Create Paladin, spam ancient voulge and blue phoenix set. Rinse, repeat.

Welcome back!

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 07:25:49 PM »
so i hear botting is legal now
anyone can help me out with some bot scripts?

Anista

• Overseer
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: The Abyss
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 01:21:32 PM »
Here are some loose definitions:
  - Multi : The extra character(s) of a player;  the act of a player having more than one of his/her characters online at a time.
  - Botting : The use of client triggers and/or scripts to the extent that character progress can be completed without player intervention.

Multi play became legal this wipe, as long as the rules in the August 31, 2018 news post are followed:
Code: [Select]
- You may now have a maximum of TWO (2) characters logged per player..
 -- These characters MUST share the same e-mail address.
 -- All of the characters from you should have the same e-mail.
 -- Violations or attempts to circumvent these rules will be very bad.

On the flipside, 'Botting' is still illegal and may come with consequences: the punishments depend on the severity.  Players are still expected to "play" both characters if more than one are being used.  Client aliases are generally no big deal, but the multi character should not be performing actions without a player issuing a command sequence for that action instance.  (I.e.: auto casting, auto attacking, auto rescuing, auto skilling are technically all forms of botting.)

This is not an open invitation for a debate.  These are the current game rules, which have been in place all wipe, and they will be enforced as necessary.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 01:48:57 PM »

My understanding is that you are allowed to play two from same ip address and same email.  acceptable triggers for the "secondary/bot" seems like a gray area.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 02:11:03 PM by Gnua »

Anista

• Overseer
  • Fodder
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 02:10:37 PM »
My understanding is that you are allowed to play two from same ip address and same email.

Yes, same IP address and same e-mail address are very important details.

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 03:31:07 PM »
Wow, secondary characters aren't supposed to be trigger based? I... err.. well, *I* didn't break this rule this wipe.  Don't know anyone I grouped with heavily that I can say that for.  Similar happened to another mud of mine, and it became a competetive Lua coding club.  Kinda figured,  after watching how this wipe started, that was the same concept here.

Anista

• Overseer
  • Fodder
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 05:25:35 PM »
Wow, secondary characters aren't supposed to be trigger based?
This is actually the reason we decided to allow two legal characters this wipe, instead of three.  Two characters can reasonably be "played" by a person, but three or more gets messy without heavy automation.

I... err.. well, *I* didn't break this rule this wipe.  Don't know anyone I grouped with heavily that I can say that for. 
I can't speak for the rest of the imm staff, but players generally have to be cheating in bigger ways (or reported for cheating) for me to notice or care about dinky QOL triggers.  It's the people who run full automation, who are being nuisances, and/or who are abusing game mechanics with their scripts that get their heads rolled without exception.

That said, you might want to read `help rules` #12 about being associated with bots (automated characters), especially when it comes to leading groups of them.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 05:27:34 PM by Anista »

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 08:51:14 PM »
Wow, secondary characters aren't supposed to be trigger based? I... err.. well, *I* didn't break this rule this wipe.  Don't know anyone I grouped with heavily that I can say that for.  Similar happened to another mud of mine, and it became a competetive Lua coding club.  Kinda figured,  after watching how this wipe started, that was the same concept here.

You play GSIV?

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 02:16:50 AM »
HOW CAN YOU CONTROL TWO CHARACTERS AT ONCE WITHOUT TRIGGERS?

YOU WILL NEED 2 COMPUTERS OR AT LEAST DUAL MONITORS AND 4 HANDS...

ARE U BORED ANISTA?

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 06:01:29 AM »

You play GSIV?

Nope, The Forest's Edge, and clones.

Regarding Anista's little finger wag about geouping with people who used automated secondaries...shit, boss, I wanted to group with someone.  It wasn't a rare thing.  I was near mocked for going minimal triggering and trying to use primarily aliases and keys.

But hey, I don't play anyymore, any way. :)

It is hilarious I got this warning, as I am known for being a huge pain in the ass for people who wanted to peacefully cheat in my old guild, Myth. But hey... wag that finger all you want, Anista.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 06:11:49 AM by Hoodoo »

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 06:36:12 AM »
who is hoodoo again? sounds familiar

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2019, 07:38:38 AM »
It is hilarious I got this warning, as I am known for being a huge pain in the ass for people who wanted to peacefully cheat in my old guild, Myth. But hey... wag that finger all you want, Anista.

Peacefully cheat is a good way to say it.

In GSIV there's a pretty amazing overlay program that someone wrote ages ago that accepts scripts in Lua and Ruby. Basically you could script the entire game, every trigger, mob, spell and condition. But if you were caught, and they checked often, you would get a warning and after so many warnings a ban. Pretty rough for a P2P text based MUD, but hell even their script check emotes were becoming easy to trigger-check.

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 06:49:52 PM »
I played a custom codebase called The Forest's Edge from '97 till.. eh, some years ago. It was an amazing game for the non-PvP inclined... deep in story, rich in content.  But, the play was such that intrepid coders started making intricate full-class automated triggersets.. first for cleric, and then for other things.  When automated tanking became the standard, and people looked oddly at those who ran manually, I chose to leave.  Regrettable situation, especially since healing via trigger has been the standard in Arctic for a few wipes now. Bodes poorly.

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 06:59:11 PM »
mobile games are all "auto" now and you can make a few characters with several emulator clients on ur pc

i guess that's life now, we live in an automated world

smart factories everywhere, autonomous driving, etc.

it's 2020 baby, get used to it u old relic