Author Topic: Reincarnation Thoughts  (Read 1541 times)

el conquistador

• Fodder
Re: Reincarnation Thoughts
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2019, 04:01:06 AM »
after some testing after the level 30 xp changes, with no deaths i believe i can reach 1x in about 45 hours of playtime.

if reincarnates are 10% more xp per then by my calculations -
45+50+55+60+66+73 = 349 hours

and then ill be ready to play the game for real!

that is defintely a scary grind and i can understand why some have mixed feelings about it.  i kind of doubt i will make it to the 6th reincarnation, but im actually really looking forward to trying it. 

fran

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2019, 03:56:42 PM »
I would love to see the return of character rot on death.  Then you would never need a player wipe.  Keep reincarnation, but bring back the rot!

tl;dr quit whining and just play.

Malthros

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2019, 10:25:01 PM »
after some testing after the level 30 xp changes, with no deaths i believe i can reach 1x in about 45 hours of playtime.

if reincarnates are 10% more xp per then by my calculations -
45+50+55+60+66+73 = 349 hours

and then ill be ready to play the game for real!

that is defintely a scary grind and i can understand why some have mixed feelings about it.  i kind of doubt i will make it to the 6th reincarnation, but im actually really looking forward to trying it.

If you reincarnate 6x your 6th reincarnation would take ~80 hours.  That 73hr figure is your 5th reincarnation because 45hrs is your starting 0 reincarnation time to lvl 30, right?  So you'd actually take around 429 hours until you can play for real, or maybe 400 hours since by then you'd likely be at lvl 24+ and able to group for zoning.  Though that's also a higher risk of dying so yeah, lets go with 429 hours to hit lvl 30 on a 6x reincarnated character assuming you level at that speed.  In reality you're probably going to get unlucky or baptup and die a few times at least.  Or find your xp zone(s) or choice are already being run or were cleared and not repopped yet...etc.

In that time you could 100% multiple RPGs or start a new character in FFXIV and play through the entirety of the current content except on-level savage (and ultimate) raids.  And honestly you'd probably clear most of the on-level savage raid content too if you can find a good static to let you run with them even as a sub.

el conquistador

• Fodder
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2019, 08:15:15 AM »

If you reincarnate 6x your 6th reincarnation would take ~80 hours.  That 73hr figure is your 5th reincarnation because 45hrs is your starting 0 reincarnation time to lvl 30, right?  So you'd actually take around 429 hours until you can play for real, or maybe 400 hours since by then you'd likely be at lvl 24+ and able to group for zoning.  Though that's also a higher risk of dying so yeah, lets go with 429 hours to hit lvl 30 on a 6x reincarnated character assuming you level at that speed.  In reality you're probably going to get unlucky or baptup and die a few times at least.  Or find your xp zone(s) or choice are already being run or were cleared and not repopped yet...etc.

yeah my calculations are probably optimistic.  :P
i would have to level up one more time as you said to do high level zones after the last reincarnate.  and early in the wipe certainly there will be a lot of time wasted walking around trying to find an xp zone that isnt being done already.  it will be a true test of fortitude!

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2019, 07:07:38 PM »
After the first reincarnation it is actually faster to level, since you are geared and have ranks (and probably medal ranks) to expedite the process. I got a dk from rolling to 1x in about 28 hours on the first run and just over 24 on the 2nd. After that it slows down, tho.