Author Topic: question from someone who always soloed  (Read 23349 times)

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
Re: question from someone who always soloed
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2013, 12:16:58 PM »
So yesterday when I was exploring, I was in a situation where I needed the lantern to recite my recall but then my fly fell off and...yeah.  not good!  btw bash is overpowered..

The fly rank is a quite popular choice for that reason and many others. Also, I think you can stick a glowing recall inside a beltpouch (I usually get mine from tarsis) so that it wont ruin your sneak but when you need to recall, you take it out of your pouch and then recite it and wont need a lantern. (you should be able to create an alias on your mudding client to take the glowing recall out of your pouch and recite the recall).

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2013, 01:59:22 PM »
omg how!,   I have been trying how to stack get recall chest recite recall for 20years!

dodok

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2013, 02:52:14 PM »
So yesterday when I was exploring, I was in a situation where I needed the lantern to recite my recall but then my fly fell off and...yeah.  not good!  btw bash is overpowered..

The fly rank is a quite popular choice for that reason and many others. Also, I think you can stick a glowing recall inside a beltpouch (I usually get mine from tarsis) so that it wont ruin your sneak but when you need to recall, you take it out of your pouch and then recite it and wont need a lantern. (you should be able to create an alias on your mudding client to take the glowing recall out of your pouch and recite the recall).

Whoa that makes a lot of sense :)  I always buy the regular recalls because they're cheaper (lol) and don't glow/mess up my sneak...

This info would have saved a death :(

I guess I will pick up the FLY and 20 (or 40) movement rank stats..

Thanks!!

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2013, 04:43:38 PM »

I always buy the regular recalls because they're cheaper (lol) and don't glow/mess up my sneak...
I guess I will pick up the FLY and 20 (or 40) movement rank stats..

You can also wear the pouch containing the recalls so that the pouch does not get stolen.

A few alternatives to wasting rankpoints on movement:
 - Movement regen is usually better than total movement points
 - movement regen and total moves are much more tolerable at age 30 if you know where the recuperation rooms are and how to use them
 - there is a quick way to age your character (people often go to 30, 45, or 60 years) that many people use.

dodok

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2013, 12:35:20 PM »
Wearing a pouch now, though I think maybe my fade is messed up now (or maybe I just suck)..  The pouch + glowing recall saved a death last night :)

Movement regen.. I didn't see that under rank purchase options.  Is that the "+Health" gear I've found around (or is that strictly health regen?).  Thank you for the tip on aging...  Maybe I'll end up doing that if I can find a mage..

Also a question regarding mechanics, based on the in-game help, +Learn helps you learn spells when you level up at the guild or use a book/tablet, but does it actually help you get the "You feel enlightened" messages, or is that strictly a function of WIS?  I've been having some trouble leveling up my skills and I think I should maximize every time I disable as each time I do I end up eating a bunch of damage and getting poisoned!

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2013, 08:27:16 AM »
Wearing a pouch now, though I think maybe my fade is messed up now (or maybe I just suck)..  The pouch + glowing recall saved a death last night :)

Movement regen.. I didn't see that under rank purchase options.  Is that the "+Health" gear I've found around (or is that strictly health regen?).  Thank you for the tip on aging...  Maybe I'll end up doing that if I can find a mage..

Also a question regarding mechanics, based on the in-game help, +Learn helps you learn spells when you level up at the guild or use a book/tablet, but does it actually help you get the "You feel enlightened" messages, or is that strictly a function of WIS?  I've been having some trouble leveling up my skills and I think I should maximize every time I disable as each time I do I end up eating a bunch of damage and getting poisoned!

In general, learn helps the enlightenments at all times. At higher skill levels, wis starts to matter.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2013, 03:28:54 PM »
if you're looking for a decent stabber that relatively easy to get (whilst trying not to give out game information) i'd probably look around icefolk village. its s/e ish of tarsis.

i'd suggest looking for the patriarch of the village, then once you get it, shout for a mage to enchant it for you.

dodok

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2013, 12:58:41 PM »
Thanks for the info gnua and daniel.

Haven't been able to play much as I just started a small business!  I did log in the other night though and someone tried to summon me!  Jerks!

still no skills at excellent (a few at vg), so I won't worry about WIS yet (I wear two +hitroll items that are also -wis) or +learn.  See you all in game!  Case and throat punch absolutely refuse to level though :(

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2013, 04:03:34 PM »
Just want to comment on the glowing recall in a pouch thing.

The other night, I died, because I spent 1 action pulse taking the recall out of my chest. 3 mobs tracked in, and one rounded my poor soul. Of course the commands were string {get glowing recall;rec recall}.

If only I had recited the non-glowing recall in my inventory I wouldn't have died, and wouldn't have died again while doing cr.

dodok

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2014, 02:44:09 PM »
I guess my addiction to this game comes back in September..  Must be the fact that it's dark by the time I get home!  Friggen winter.

Lev 23 neut thief.  Hit me up if you want to group :D

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:49:36 PM by dodok »

Atlas

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2014, 07:29:48 PM »
I used to hold a glowing recall whenever I was doing anything tricky or risky like teleporting into Sylvi.  I wonder if that makes a diff.  I was told by an old timer it did but never really bothered testing it.  I always put my spare recalls in a container leaving one in inventory and generally kill every kender I see.

dodok

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2014, 12:08:15 PM »
I'm still mad nobody answered my "opt title" but I know in my mind that I actually hit level 25!

Also, the fact I was able to do it tells me the game is too easy now!