Author Topic: Mem times  (Read 455 times)

Kadaj

• Zoner
Mem times
« on: August 08, 2019, 11:13:20 AM »
With the recent buffs to druids, I noticed something that I *think?* would be a quick fix and a nice quality of life change for other casters.

Currently, commune with nature is a passive buff that acts as a mem modifier for the druid. They A. mem faster and B. get 'clear casting' procs when using spells.
What this does is allow the druid to easily catch tics as their mem is usually pretty low(being a mobile mem room) as well as actually firing off a decent amount of spells.

I recently came back and was playing my druid and mage in the same group.
My druid has 19 int currently, my mage has 28.
The druid had commune with nature up while the mage had 'mental acuity' on.
Out of the 10 spells I casted, 4 of those were clear casted resulting in no spell loss or mem increase.
The mage got 1 clear casting.

Commune with nature doesn't seem to have the 'internal cooldown' of procs like the spell mental acuity.

My proposal is this:
Make deep focus and meditate act like commune with nature. A mobile mem room where they have a chance at clear casting.
The mage's spell 'mental acuity' could just be a +% chance while deep focus is on to increase this.

What this would do would allow mages to actually cast their spells freely during zones without having to randomly catch tics while the group leader is moving.
I think it's a great way to streamline the mage class and maybe even give them more of a zoning feel instead of a relocating/locater.

Just some food for thought.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
Re: Mem times
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 11:22:04 PM »
My proposal is this:
Make deep focus and meditate act like commune with nature. A mobile mem room where they have a chance at clear casting.
The mage's spell 'mental acuity' could just be a +% chance while deep focus is on to increase this.

What this would do would allow mages to actually cast their spells freely during zones without having to randomly catch tics while the group leader is moving.

along the lines of allow mages to cast spells without getting left behind, i was thinking that mages could rest on their floating disc and they would still follow a group leader.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 06:57:38 AM »
Even that would be helpful. Right now, you basically have to stare at your tic timer and try and time resting between room moves.  Good idea, I would hope others who still play this game would give some feedback or suggestions for the staff to consider.

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 04:38:44 PM »
Anything that lessens the obnoxious "I don't rest for mages" refrain is a good thing, as it is inevitably followed by "Why aren't you casting? Useless mage.", and the rythmic sound of my.head hitting the desk repeatedly.

el conquistador

• Fodder
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 10:56:08 PM »
its true.  catching tics is not possible in a steamrolling group.  therefore casters are never a good choice in such a group.

Malthros

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 11:03:35 PM »
I like this idea for changing up mediate and focus. Also the idea of resting on a disc and still following a leader, though I’d let anyone rest on it, just one person, if it doesn’t have items on it. Could be the mage. Could be a cleric or someone else who needs to mem while we move.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2019, 09:49:46 AM »
Anything that lessens the obnoxious "I don't rest for mages" refrain is a good thing, as it is inevitably followed by "Why aren't you casting? Useless mage.", and the rythmic sound of my.head hitting the desk repeatedly.

group leader: mages if you need to mem, puff to your guild
mage: ok i'm all memmed up but i cannot relo back to the group because the zone is norelo
group leader: even better
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 10:57:33 AM by Gnua »

el conquistador

• Fodder
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 02:34:33 AM »
what about not having to sit down to mem?  it could be nice if it was changed so casters go into a trance or something while they are focused on memorizing spells.  then they could still follow along with the group but make all actions disabled.  and when they want to cast again they have to snap out of the trance which could come with some lag or something.