Author Topic: Legend Ranks  (Read 602 times)

Kadaj

• Zoner
Legend Ranks
« on: March 01, 2019, 01:11:15 PM »
Just a suggestion, pretty much all tank classes having steelskin ranked mandatory(up from 12 to 15 from last wipe) it seems like perhaps those tank classes could have their legend ranks re-evaluated.  It just seems like perhaps those typical steelskin wearers could have a few of their ranks reduced by 1-2 since having to dedicate 15 rank points on top of 4 from the legend rank seems rough. After all, they suck at solo ranking their medals/ranking AND they die alot.

hanlon

Re: Legend Ranks
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 12:16:47 PM »
I don't think we should change legend rank cost at all. Instead we should be focusing on why every single tank class in the game needs steelskin to tank? To me that seems a little absurd or maybe I'm the only one who finds it silly that every tank in the game has to invest 15 RP towards steelskin? I think the current staff should either take a look at each tanking class and come up with a way for this to not happen or possibly come up with a way to make all the current tank gear actual tank gear? To me it just screams broken and way to over powered of a rank. You don't need legend or your skills to be good or even have a half decent set of gear to tank any mob in the game. All you really need is steelskin and I hate that its become like that. All its actually done is made every Paladin/Barb/DK or Ocean scout in the game the exact same. No ones unique or different. Everyone runs the same Steelskin/1-2 legend rank set up. Then they get bored and quit or make something else cause lets face it. Going up to rank 40+ to have access your legend ranks isn't really an option for most people.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 06:00:13 AM »
It is a cause for concern. I appreciate that at least one person took the time to post something. I think a lot of people complain about the game and are silent about their complaints instead of voicing them on the forums. It can't hurt to at least post your opinions and see what happens. Better than remaining silent.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 10:22:16 PM »
Legend is rank 25, and I am typically 27 or 28 on a paladin before righteous will hits superb. Full legend ranks and steelskin is rank 32 or so (I think). I like that you still need to rank a little after legend to fully realize your tank - it makes people invest a little longer.

If people could legend and immediately have steelskin and full legend ranks they would all quit at 26 instead of 32. Part of the challenge of Arctic is trying to achieve legend, but people often quit pretty soon after they reach it.

I guess, for me, the real question is what would it take to keep people playing? What do you think?

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 06:22:56 AM »
I've made a post already about progressing your character more with newer/different ranks to strive for that actually feel like your character got stronger/better

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 08:17:24 AM »
Just a suggestion, pretty much all tank classes having steelskin ranked mandatory(up from 12 to 15 from last wipe) it seems like perhaps those tank classes could have their legend ranks re-evaluated.  It just seems like perhaps those typical steelskin wearers could have a few of their ranks reduced by 1-2 since having to dedicate 15 rank points on top of 4 from the legend rank seems rough. After all, they suck at solo ranking their medals/ranking AND they die alot.

I think the problem is that steelskin is so good that it has become degenerate and you have to buy it, leaving very little room for the legend ranks.  perhaps steelskin could be nerfed and the cost also reduced to 7 rp to be in line with things like nightvision/mindshield/imm_blind (the non-steelskin classes often get at least one of those 3)

Rauru36

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 09:00:10 AM »
There are also tales of ancient clerics using the gods-given skill 'brew', creating magical potions that a tank might save for use before exceedingly challenging battles - freeing up a healthy chunk of RP. But these are just old crone's tales.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 09:34:48 AM »
There are also tales of ancient clerics using the gods-given skill 'brew', creating magical potions that a tank might save for use before exceedingly challenging battles - freeing up a healthy chunk of RP. But these are just old crone's tales.

what are clerics? another fairy tale?

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 02:03:45 PM »

This one.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 07:10:15 AM »

This one.

Some good, constructive conversational points. I'm glad you could shed some light on this.