Author Topic: New Players and Quests  (Read 452 times)

Heo

• Fodder
New Players and Quests
« on: February 26, 2019, 01:43:30 PM »
I noticed we still get a decent amount of new players or players returning after a long hiatus.

It might be nice to have a thread/post on zones to do to help get them to 25, tips/tricks (like being able to "pray" at a cleric guild to get rid of curse), etc.

And for things like heal quest or regen quest or robes quest to point them in right direction.  The world here is super large, and I think a lot of the knowledge all of us have is passed on from clans or friends, which gives people a distinct advantage.

Just a thought.  I see a guy named Ruck trying to make his way through the game, and I as well as other people help them, but it would be cool if there was something to make sure people don't get frustrated and stop.  I remember when I started playing again and Johari helped guide me through Neraka, I appreciated that.

Heo

• Fodder
Re: New Players and Quests
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 02:33:36 PM »
Off the top of my head suggestions in the minute or so of thinking, I'm sure I left off a bunch of good ones

Some zone suggestions for Evil chars (ordered from low lvl to high lvl)

Palanthas farm (w and n of Pal w gate)
Druid Nook (west out of kal w gate, touch marble - lots of keywords in this zone)
Fort Khalarm - (west and south of kal)
Palanthas Gnomes n w e out w gate pal
Palanthas Library
Hylo - west of palanthas over ocean
Fyzia - west and south and west and south of palanthas
Palanthas palace guards
Solace Thanes - west north of Solace
Fallstaff Manor - southern part of palanthas
Crimson keep + Gulfport
Volcano
Kal docks
Dwarven Keep + Deep Mine

Good players

Pal Graveyard
Brog (lots of keywords) - neish from balifor
Sligs
Goblins
Pigmies - east south east of kalaman, make sure go east and not west or south after taking the down
Solace kobold - out w gate
Argand Keep
Northern Ergoth + illrigger - west of palanthas
Bali training ground + pirates
Neraka
Drac Tower

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 01:05:45 PM »
If anyone or some folks collectively want to review and update help newbie and all the help newbie <area> specific helpfiles that would be great and I will happily update the ones in game.

Mickey

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 06:45:28 PM »
I remember when I started playing again and Johari helped guide me through Neraka, I appreciated that.
I remember him from the past. Johari helped me when I was confused trying to help my cleric get heal. It is tough to get going again after, any help the better, especially updated help zone files.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 07:47:28 AM »
Just stay in Solace.

Terk

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 01:01:03 PM »
Just to add to this, when we did the redesign of Solace (now a decade old), the goal was very much that basically all new players would spend time leveling in Solace. Most of the zones repop so quickly, it is expected players can do Solace through level 15 without any hindrance--both good and evil characters.