Author Topic: Misc Skill/Spell Tweaking  (Read 1143 times)

Heo

• Fodder
Misc Skill/Spell Tweaking
« on: January 03, 2019, 07:57:28 AM »
Heyo.

I think for the most part (clerics issues aside), there have been fantastic skills/spells added.

However, I thought there's a few that could use a little love.

Specifically:

1)  Case

I think at superb this should NEVER fail.  Otherwise, it literally is NEVER used.  But if it never failed at superb, I think most thieves could use it instead of look a lot of the time, and it would be relevant rather than some annoying skill you have to train.  Drawbacks of making it always succeed when superb are nil - doesn't impact balance, and it actually gets used.

2)  Clair/Astral Beacon

My sense is these have been weakened so much that they are completely useless.  Obviously they shouldn't be incredibly powerful, but as of right now they are just crap spells for red that nobody would ever use because they don't work.  Maybe with some of PK changes/etc we could fix this?

3)  Plant

Not sure what to do with it, but maybe there's a way it could be made useful?  Like allowing thieves to plant no_drop or cursed items? 

Just a few thoughts.

P.S.  Please do not remove Opt Ansi = NO.  Some of us do our own highlighting.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 09:23:05 AM by Heo »

Shannow

Re: Misc Skill/Spell Tweaking
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 07:37:13 AM »
I dont want to start a new thread but howabout some tweaking on mage pet skills/abilities?

I ranked the crap outa my mercury to get 'Spawnlings' and it turns out they last about 3 rounds??? Also wildstrike and the other ability are almost useless cause you can't get the golem to fire them.

Iadus

• Favorite Zone: Terzak's Tower
Re: Misc Skill/Spell Tweaking
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 04:11:21 AM »
What do you mean when you say, "you can't get the golem to fire them."? The training file states: Each purchase grants your golem 1 charge of 'wildstrike', an attack with variable effects. Are you saying you've purchased the rank, and your golem doens't respond when you order it to wildstrike (when it isn't lagged)? The golem may need to be engaged for it to work, I don't remember for sure, but, I've had the rank on golems in the past and had no trouble with it.