Author Topic: mage slot pressure  (Read 1763 times)

gnua

• Zone Leader
mage slot pressure
« on: December 25, 2018, 09:08:36 AM »
Although part of me does not want mages to improve in any way because the last thing I want to encourage is people rolling mages and trying to get into my groups... 

I do think that there seems to be a lot of pressure on the circle of spell that contains relocate.  Red isnt too bad because of the mnemonic enhancer and it really is just chain lightning competing with relo. White is horrible with knock, locate, relocate, color spray, and fireshield all competing.  I hear black is even worse in the "relo" circle.  What do people think of making relo one circle higher than it currently is for every robe?

raf

Re: mage slot pressure
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 09:41:52 AM »
Moving to 7-th circle spells would be worse for Red, Force Missile is your main/best single target damage spell. (I don't remember White/Black spells off the top of my head).

Perhaps Relocate/Teleport/Blink/Dimension door could all be made divine for mages.

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 12:59:52 PM »
Moving from 8th to 9th for black would compete with PWS and Nightmare:D

Quid

• Favorite Zone: Mortigoth
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 05:51:01 AM »
Moving from 8th to 9th for black would compete with PWS and Nightmare:D

Completely fine in other words, so in the words of the StarCraft battle cruiser, "make it happen"

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 08:23:21 AM »
Moving to 7-th circle spells would be worse for Red, Force Missile is your main/best single target damage spell. (I don't remember White/Black spells off the top of my head).

Perhaps Relocate/Teleport/Blink/Dimension door could all be made divine for mages.

yah, on second thought maybe reds are better with relo in 6 than 7.  the main competition is chain lightning which is a mixed blessing since it frags keys and books.  remove chain from game and i might let a red into my group.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 02:43:41 PM »
Mages are utter trash.  No point to their entire existence currently.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 06:14:58 AM »
I think a big help with this would be to change Deep Focus into something similar to Commune with Nature and have the mental acuity spell INCREASE the potency of the skill. Seems like a quick fix for now until they could rearrange the slots.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 11:25:12 PM »
Mages are utter trash.  No point to their entire existence currently.

moc, locate object

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 10:18:43 AM »
how about moving mnemonic enhancer from reds to whites?  or give locate object to clerics and delete mages.

Terk

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 12:30:07 PM »
Making relocate divine makes sense broadly to solve this issue. Less time wasted figuring out what spells is probably the least of mage problems.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 08:48:09 AM »
Making relocate divine makes sense broadly to solve this issue. Less time wasted figuring out what spells is probably the least of mage problems.

when mages join my group, i secretly hope they'll die so that they'll log a useful character instead. before they are legend and they want to rank in my group, i tell them they'll probably lose rank in my group but they can join if they want. after they legend, i tell them there is no reason for them to be in group. i dont even want my own mages in my group.  every time i join a group as a mage, i realize i'm being a hypocrite.

i do love mages outside my group though.  they can read magic, moment of clarity, locate shinies, pop prep, and puff lores.  i'm only half joking when i suggest that if mages dont get rank in groups, they wont try to join them.  if white robes had rescue, i might want them in group
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 09:18:00 AM by gnua »