Author Topic: Dragon Orbs  (Read 1362 times)

Kadaj

• Zoner
Dragon Orbs
« on: December 18, 2018, 05:24:16 AM »
- Some spells deemed too class-specific or not yet intended for mortal use
have been removed from the dragon orbs.

Ok, I'm all for changes that make this game better, but this is not one of them. What exactly is the point of a dragon orb if you can't cast 90% of the spells? I get that they are strong, but that's the whole point of only having three. I agree boon shouldn't be able to be used with the dragon orb, but come on? White rune, black rune, globe, ams, lightning shield, vitriolic shield, fireshield? Is there any immortal that can weigh in on why this change was made? Seems pretty pointless. Now instead of strong casters, people will just make thieves and solo the game instead. Bad change IMO.

Bugg

Re: Dragon Orbs
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 06:53:00 AM »
- Some spells deemed too class-specific or not yet intended for mortal use
have been removed from the dragon orbs.

As owner of one these shinies, here are my 2 cents. This is the typical change that will ruin the fun for only a handful of more experienced people, as it is limited and not everyone can load it. The vast majority will not really give two bapts about it, so you will not get many complaints about it other than current or previous owners.

Deemed too class-specific: by who and why - and most importantly wtf now?? :-)

This is an item that has been around for many years, it's not like this is a new piece of gear that needed some fine tuning.

In fact, in older times when ranks were not so powerful and there was not even half the gear available as there is now, dragon orbs were relatively, much more powerful.

At the moment it's a fancy plus all slots held item, can't even relocate.

I can only request that you reconsider.

Thanks

adepali

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 11:07:59 AM »
The intention was to remove boon, and spells currently under development / broken that were not supposed to be usable by players such as leftovers from the Ranger rework and some future spells.
If it broke more than that then that's a bug. Let me know what the issue is and I'll fix it.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 11:17:29 AM »
It appears to have broken all mage spells, besides teleport for some reason.

adepali

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 11:19:59 AM »
Ok will fix.

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 11:37:05 AM »
Appreciate you guys taking the time to report the bug instead of just assuming that we were ruining the game again.

Oh, wait..

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 01:45:17 PM »
It's so hard to tell what you're trying to do to the game!

We just assume the worst.

Bugg

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 02:19:12 PM »
@Kam, I think so highly of ArcticMUD management that I cannot possibly conceive a "Bugg" in the implementation.

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 02:19:35 PM »
I hate you.