Author Topic: Track skill  (Read 1351 times)

Vadym

Track skill
« on: December 17, 2018, 02:11:47 AM »
How do u train track skill? Playing barb, tried spa, trying it in dif room, track players, nothing work for me, still awfull. As I rem, playing years before it was easy to train it, guess I missed some game mechanics

Kadaj

• Zoner
Re: Track skill
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 08:32:44 AM »
Track is one of those skills that kinda sucks at the beginning, but once it's passed awful it should zip right up to superb.

What I do is typically spam track (mob in city) track cat, track guard, track 2.guard, track 3.guard, track sailor ect. Once you get a direction, move around a little until you get an enlighten. Repeat til superb.

el conquistador

• Fodder
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 04:38:56 PM »
kadaj has it right track everything in town you can think of.   1.guard 2.guard 3.guard 4.guard 5.guard 6.guard

if you fail them all wait a little bit.  you cant try to track the same thing again for like 5 minutes or something.  and then try again until you get a lock on one. 

you will know you have a lock because if you move a room it will autotrack.

then you can move back and forth with the lock until you get a skillful.  as he said it becomes very easy after it hits poor or so.

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 11:36:18 AM »
These suggestions are pretty good but the best secret is that the level of the mob you are tracking also matters.
So in the case of getting it started from awful you'll want to go to a low level zone and track the mobs there.

This system is great because when you run out of mobs there you just hop over to another one and these sorts of zones are rather plentiful.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 12:58:57 PM »
i find it hardest to land at awful.  to get that first hit, i usually track 1.pigeon, 2.pigeon.   sometimes i have to go to 12.pigeon to get that first lock. 

kanu

• Fodder
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 01:20:56 PM »
Another suggestion is to find an item that makes it easier for you to land the tracks initially. Once your skill gets to very poor or above, you'll land tracks often enough using the strategy described above that an item is only marginally helpful, but until then, I find a nice item helps me get started.

I agree with Kam's point about the level of the mob which is why I really like to practice track in towns like Solace where there are lots of wandering low levels mobs within a few rooms of the guilds.