Author Topic: relax the number of characters rule?  (Read 2363 times)

Rhys

relax the number of characters rule?
« on: December 12, 2018, 06:59:46 PM »
Firstly, Arctic = best game in the world. Been playing on and off since the 90's.

I keep to myself. Very few players would know me. I am flat out remembering anyone's name in RL let alone on artic. I enjoy doing things at my own pace and don't expect hand outs.

I played a bit at the start of this wipe. 2 players was a nice addition and was what brought me back. As per usual, hit about lvl 29 and got bored of running the same zones I had run a 1000 times before and took a break.

I recently started playing 4 characters at a time (2 from a phone and 2 from my PC). I really enjoyed being able to do some new things that were always out of reach. Pyramid, rainsong, that guy in the bog with the chest etc. - This gives you an idea that I am certainly not competing with anyone for elite items.

My goal was to grind to 1exp get an exotic character and learn dko. - I am sure some of you will say this is doable with a legend pair but i have never legended, it is not likely I ever will and I am OK with this. My tanks had 3d5 primes. I didn't have any crazy scripts (rank bots really??!!) which meant that any death usually meant a mass rip. This added to the fun.

I can understand that in a PK mud the idea of one person running around controlling a full group is not desirable. I can also understand the drive for arctic to be a social place.

Just logged on - 12 characters (6 players?).

The mud is designed for groups but this isn't really realistic given the playerbase.

Some will say I am looking for special consideration, I guess I am asking for no consideration. To live and let live so to speak. I would be happy to have my PVP damage reduced to 0 and have a flag that prevents wearing limit items.

In short, love the game, really enjoy leveling characters up to lvl 29, solo playing anything past this has become too much like work so would love to see the character numbers relaxed.

Thank you.

Heo

• Fodder
Re: relax the number of characters rule?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 07:21:54 PM »
I would recommend joining a clan and getting legend.

DKO is soloable with a single legend char and prep.  As is Lunitari (not sure about void), Irda, Mystic Queen, Theiwar through spider demon, Celestial Temple, and a bunch of other big zones.

Legend changes the game completely.  If you're looking to do cool new zones, push through 29 and get to legend.

kmark101

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 08:15:13 PM »
Heo, what would be the best duo to run those zones? I'm considering to return and have shaman as one char, but I don't know shit about them haha. Other char would be either scout, barbarian or warrior.

Heo

• Fodder
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 08:48:00 PM »
Well, I'm probably not a great person to ask on the two char front. 

With my thief last wipe, I stacked hard on regen so I could basically get a heal every tic and didn't need anyone else.  Haven't done any super serious zones yet this wipe. 

In terms of powerlvling quickly though, go druid.  Thorn spray alone is enough to power you through 30 basically.  Add on call lightning and possibly para and you're in business. 

Unfortunately I've never played a shaman though, but from what I can tell they're still overpowered so a druid/shaman might not be a bad combo.  Or perhaps a Barb / shaman would wreak havoc.

Someone here could probably answer better than me.  But whenever I want to lvl a char, I tack on a druid now and it's insanely fast. 

Dagda

• Fodder
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 04:10:15 AM »
I enjoy Barb Shaman as a combo. Shaman deals with troublesome casters with stupefy and brings the spirits for the extra damage. Not to mention the healing.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 09:12:35 AM »
Heo, what would be the best duo to run those zones? I'm considering to return and have shaman as one char, but I don't know shit about them haha. Other char would be either scout, barbarian or warrior.

sham + paladin is by far my favorite combo

(sham or druid) + (barb or paladin or warrior or dk or ocean) is also very strong.

whatever you pair with your shammy, it would benefit greatly from steelskin
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 12:39:55 PM by gnua »

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 03:57:38 PM »
It all depends on your level of knowledge. I would think druid/DK, Druid/shaman, Druid/barb, but in order to do good with shamans and druids you need a decent amount of game knowledge or some friends to help you get the important spells. So if you can't get the spells and all of that stuff. I think a Barb/Cleric, Cleric/ Thief, or Cleric/Dk allows you to do a lot of stuff with limited game knowledge and help. I know paladins are buff but I don't like them and I here the rose quest is retarded. But maybe they fixed it...

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 04:57:17 AM »
I have to...... Agree with Bruton. Whoa. He makes a good point in shamans and druids need quite a few spells to be good but without knowing where to get them.... Eventually you'll hit a wall ok what you can successfully do. Clerics can guild spell all the way, learn heal and get cloak and gust from super low books. Cleric/tank or cleric/thief is fun

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 05:41:30 AM »
Shamans lack the spell damage but heal just as well as druids. Shamans put out far more melee damage. Shamans can rit voyage out of some risky situations without failing the spell.

Try  shaman! They’re the best

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 11:16:25 AM »
If you play more than two characters at a time you will be deleted.

This is not negotiable.

Shannow

• Fodder
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 11:23:47 AM »
We just got it raised to 2 and you want more??

Rhys

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 03:07:04 PM »
We just got it raised to 2 and you want more??
Everyone seems to think 2 has been a fun change without any downsides. I am just suggesting that as the playerbase dwindles why not consider 3 or more.

Your argument seems to be that after a step in the right direction you should stop whereas i am saying to keep moving forward.

This would give people the opportunity to experiment with other classes. As mentioned above, no 2 man would involve a sky scout but a 3 man might. This opens a whole new dimension of fun to the casual player.

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 03:34:11 PM »
No.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2018, 12:38:10 PM »
Honestly. I like where the game is as far as 2 people go. Doing 3 would be over kill.
I also haven’t noticed as much 4-5man botting groups. And that’s awesome too.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2018, 01:42:14 PM »
2 is plenty.  even if 3 were allowed, i'd just play 2.