Author Topic: Decays  (Read 220 times)

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
Decays
« on: December 06, 2018, 06:37:21 PM »
Would love to get peoples feedback about the current decay system. One of the things I've noticed with it is that gear seems to decay in rent quite a bit more then before. Now generally this isn't so much of an issue...play more your gear lasts longer, however coupled with the % items in the game it makes maintaining and holding a set of gear very tedious.

I think overall the idea of rent decay is great, keeps people from deep-renting the gear. I am concerned however in that it may have an unwanted side-effect of making the game extremely grindy to try and keep your gear. I think almost every single night I log on I have from 1-2 decays, and instead of running something fun or exciting, I'm constantly chasing my decays. Is this true for everyone else?

A suggestion would be to look at the current timers to see if they are reasonable, perhaps a poll? Also taking a look at % of items loading, having to run a zone 10+ times to reload one of your decays is silly and when we have such limited to to begin with makes you almost just say bapt it.

Anyway thank you to the staff for constantly trying new things. Looking forward to reading some of the feedback.

Ilya

Jorake

• Zone Leader
Re: Decays
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 06:02:38 AM »
I think every piece of gear should be rent decay. Maybe adjust the timers or load % of the items but let’s be clear what we are talking about. You aren’t using a full dko set of gear or something. Your gear likely can’t be done in 5-10mins of just steam rolling a zone. So maybe it shouldn’t be a standard. timer.

Dko dam belt should be like a week. It’s a soloable item.

I don’t have any answers for this really lol. I just wanted to point out the difficulty of attaining and maintaining a very nice set of gear.

Maybe a good way to do it would be with rank points. So something like a dragon orb would have a visible 200 hour timer. And for each rank of 0.1 you get extends the timer. Idk

Quid

• Favorite Zone: Mortigoth
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 02:25:46 PM »
I don't know about all of you, but when I see to many pieces decay I tend to feel like there's better things I can do with my time then play first person text game, it breaks my spirit to play a little bit, especially when it becomes later in the wipe and other people start to head out to do different things in life.

I don't mind regearing after a dt, or after not being able to cr, I hate seeing the "decays in your hands" message though.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 01:31:54 PM »
I do feel like the decay system might need some minor tweaks but is overall a sound idea.  It limits the amount of gear a single person with 9 characters can hoard. It also allows a dedicated and focussed player to eventually get a shiny "from" a less dedicated player without having to kill them for it.  But it feels like keeping even 1-2 characters geared is a bit too grindy.

I initially thought that the rings/medals/ranks would become a late-wipe way to remove the need to repop lower-end gear that was still quite important (fly and nocharm in particular).  But I found that after legendary, the fly/no_charm ranks were too low on the priority list given their cost relative to other things (like mindshield, spellsaves, steelskin, imm_blind, imm_silence, imm_fear, legend).  Minor tweaks might fix that though.

Heo

• Fodder
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 05:29:31 PM »
I'm good with the current decay system, having stuff with longer timers but decaying normally in rent probably makes sense.  May take a little tweaking but otherwise folks just hoard too much.