Author Topic: Exotic Races  (Read 2423 times)

Kadaj

• Zoner
Exotic Races
« on: November 20, 2018, 06:00:29 AM »
November 20, 2018

* Magical anchor has been fixed.
* Exotic races are now available once you hit rank 10.

- Adepali / Kam

So......I am probably not the only one who finds this extremely annoying. Yes ranking to 25 is harder than normal, but rewarding people who can make it to rank 10 (which should be everyone) vs people who had to spend an entire month extra to unlock exotics seems like a bad decision. If you do that, you should allow the people who currently have a legend char to reroll that character into an exotic race.

What this does is devalues everyone who put the time and effort into rank 25 to get an exotic race. Exotic is a huge increase to stats, but I know personally and I'm sure I'm not alone in this, people who have rank 28+ characters now, especially a caster doesn't want to go out and respell up, reskill and rerank an entirely new character.  There's a reason I haven't started any new characters, it's because the grind to legend is abysmal and is something I'd rather not do again. You can get rank 10 in a day, so you are just going to allow them the chance to focus their efforts on an exotic and get it to legend but the people who already put the time and effort in are left with literally nothing.

I think a lot of these ground breaking changes should be left up to the people who actually play the game instead of 1-2 people making decisions for everyone.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 07:33:23 AM by Kadaj »

Shannow

Re: Exotic Races
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 07:28:08 AM »
Yep, sorry folks I'm gonna agree at least in part with Kadaj on this (standard disclosure: Love the game, love most of the changes this wipe (druids, multing!) realize its free and you are all volunteers).

I do think that the people making this decision are playing this game. What I would like to see is some communication from the wizzes on their thought process behind the decision

Two issues:

1. Why rank 10? It's such a low bar why not just make exotics available from the start? What was wrong with the rank 20 thresh-hold from the beginning? Rank 20 means you had to put in a fair bit of work to get there but is not silly grindy like 25 is right now. My feeling is rank 10 is an overreaction too far the OTHER direction.

2. Per above, it does nothing to change the grindiness of the legend process. I'd rather have seen a reduction to rank 22 for legend/exotic than this change.

Again if nothing else , some communication behind the thinking would be great if nothing else.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 03:59:36 PM »
I personally like the change. And I'm not even playing atm! But this might make me restart.

We work to get to rank 20 normally to get the exotic race for our "real character" right? This solves that issue for me. Is it still grindy to legend, yeah sure but at least now it'll be on something i want to play and not just the class combos i made for good leading and some zone control.

Thank you for the change!

el conquistador

• Fodder
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 07:50:07 PM »
agree with jorake.  so happy kam and the staff are listening to our crying!

i havent been playing at all but ill probably log in tomorrow and roll a couple exotics. 

rank 10 does seem like a pretty low bar but i dont want to see them become just normal races

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 09:18:00 PM »
The game isn't about a handful of people and one over dominant clan..

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 05:27:34 AM »
This game isn't about some plebs who can't get to rank 25 either. Being an exotic race is a bonus for putting in the work. If you make rank 10 the standard for getting exotics, you might as well change the dragons back, make every rank mob max rank and let every item be nolimit.  I think rank 20 should be the bar for exotic races to unlock as well as giving people who are already legend a chance to reroll/change races to an exotic if they wish.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 09:47:26 AM »
1. Why rank 10? It's such a low bar why not just make exotics available from the start? What was wrong with the rank 20 thresh-hold from the beginning?

I usually hit 1x at around rank 16-20 so this change seems pretty close to "how it used to be".  I think one wipe I had a legendary red that was level 29 that never hit 1x.  so in some ways 1x could be harder to get than legend.  I for one welcome our new exotic trash underlords.

Shannow

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 09:27:13 AM »
Legend chars can't get exotic unless they are 1x. Is this by design?

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 01:02:21 PM »
That is a false statement.

Shannow

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 07:27:25 PM »
Correct, that is a true statement.

I blame the drugs. My bad.

adepali

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 01:01:15 AM »
Legendary having to be at 1X to get exotic races is not by design. It's a bug that will be fixed with the next reboot.

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Storms Keep
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 11:09:02 PM »
nice change although i dont play it's a nice change

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 08:48:07 AM »
Here's a good idea, if you've already legended 2 characters this wipe, your third one only needs rank 20. Oh what a joy that would be, solo ranking mages passed rank 20 is awful.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 09:49:48 AM »
Here's a good idea, if you've already legended 2 characters this wipe, your third one only needs rank 20. Oh what a joy that would be, solo ranking mages passed rank 20 is awful.

only thing worse than a mage ranking solo is allowing a mages into your group so they can rank to 25.  a hint for people who wish to play a mage in a group:

#action {^A yellowish-} {st; c 'gust'}
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 01:31:54 PM by gnua »

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 10:24:07 AM »
Hahah!