Author Topic: rank 25 required for legend  (Read 1417 times)

xdabaronx and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

oom

• Fodder
Re: rank 25 required for legend
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2018, 07:37:09 AM »
im all for making new challenges in the game but i dont see why existing zones had to be upped in difficulty.  the dragon buffs have made fun new fights and new items for the strong players and completely removed fights and multiple zones from the weaker players.

I might be wrong but I can't really think of any zones that got harder. Let alone multiple zones. Can you give some examples?

el conquistador

• Fodder
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2018, 08:24:05 AM »
master of maces, storms keep, tot

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2018, 09:12:36 AM »
Any feedback from Imms on this?

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2018, 09:47:50 AM »
I was maining a cleric!

Please come back.  I want to see you rocking out a legendary cleric.

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2018, 08:36:51 PM »
Storms end fight didn't get harder: you can skip the one that did.  MoM needed a buff: can't really argue that. ToT, if it got harder, isn't significantly so.  Shayds is actually the zone that seems most significantly affected. :)

oom

• Fodder
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2018, 11:45:11 PM »
Storms end fight didn't get harder: you can skip the one that did.  MoM needed a buff: can't really argue that. ToT, if it got harder, isn't significantly so.  Shayds is actually the zone that seems most significantly affected. :)

Yeah I agree completely. Storms is the same, one optional fight is fun now. ToT didn't seem harder to me and I guess I honestly didn't notice that MoM fight was harder. Shayds dragon is great IMO, all it really protects is a shield and some OK misc stuff right?

el conquistador

• Fodder
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2018, 05:57:05 AM »

Yeah I agree completely. Storms is the same, one optional fight is fun now. ToT didn't seem harder to me and I guess I honestly didn't notice that MoM fight was harder. Shayds dragon is great IMO, all it really protects is a shield and some OK misc stuff right?

maybe not all of the dragons are not as bad as i thought but this is what bothers me.  the MoM dragon basically doubles its dmg output and an elite player barely notices it.  but it is completely zonebreaking for a casual player who could only barely beat it before. 

its the same thing with the legend changes.  they are sort of annoying to the pros but really rank 25 is not a super huge deal.  but to us - one player in our clan is rank 16 and another is rank 12 after 2 months.  only one of us has reached rank 20. 

maybe not everyone should be able to reach legendary.  but to let us have legendary for years and then take it away is like taking away riding mounts in warcraft.  suddenly they decide only the better players deserve to ride and casuals have to walk from now on.  how many would keep playing?

i think arctic still has more bad players like me than you might think.  look at the clanlist.  how many clans are still below 1000 clan rank points?  how many are still playing?  2 in our tiny clan have not logged since our tank pasted the MoM fight damage.  they might have quit anyway because of the legendary changes but i doubt the rest of us will keep playing without them.

edit: sorry ill shutup now.  i dont want to be bitching about all the changes.  kam is nice enough to keep the game running and has put in a lot of work towards the game.  he can move it in whatever direction he wants.  i will try to enjoy this new form of the game with no more crying!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 09:46:47 AM by el conquistador »

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2018, 09:54:04 AM »
the MoM dragon basically doubles its dmg output and an elite player barely notices it...
sort of annoying to the pros but really rank 25 is not a super huge deal.

Rise might scoff at mom, but myth had an 8 man with legend barb healer and warrior at mom and died so many times that we just cr'ed and skipped the fight.

I hear rumors that Rise almost quit when they learned about rank 25.

Although myth has more than 8 legends, i dont think they've all been on at the same time, and I'm pretty sure it's never been a group of 8 legends.  we can often have 6 legends in a group though.

Some of our leaders have quit/deleted around rank 20.  our 2nd highest exotic is rank 20 and with the exception of our one legendary exotic, all other exotics are pretty much dead weight in a big fight. 
maybe myth is considered casuals but we've been hit hard too.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 10:56:42 AM by gnua »

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2018, 05:35:56 AM »
In my opinion, people are used,to being lazy/ unfocused in statting/equipping their main tanks.  Main tank damage is purely ancillary: their job is to mitigate damage and rescue.  With a properly equipped and ranked main, these fights are *not* that difficult to tank and spank. If you're not mitigating damage down by half and avoiding a fair bit of the swings entirely,  consider that you really should be, and that modest tanking goal is easily achievable, even by the tissue-paper wearing barbarian.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 05:38:02 AM by Hoodoo »

Shannow

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2018, 07:41:24 AM »
Even as I make a dedicated push to get one char to legend (let's not even think about a 2nd...shudder) the more and more I find this should be filed under:

'Beatings shall continue until morale improves' type of game design. Love just about all the other changes but this is just painful.

MAKE SOME CHANGES.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2018, 10:30:02 AM »
the only upside to this rank 25 thing is that people are rolling few characters (or quitting) and so there seems to be plenty of gear on mobs to load.  but this boils down to: i'm glad other people are playing less and that the ones who play do "crap zones that only have rank" so there are more shinies for me.

for example, i went to nytes with the goal of clearing a moc flag and seeing if something would drop, but the 0.04% rank made me leave the zone - which means there is more gear there for others.

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2018, 11:02:07 PM »
Making all rank mobs like those special rank mobs would solve the problem.

Just like having a xp mob list, have a rank mob list per char. Doesn't matter who got to the zone first, every char would progress equally on the next repop.

Just adjust the total amount of rp with mob lvl and difficulty and rarity. Also make sure the list is long enough so it doesn't get rotated out like mob xp list.

That way, a char will need to hit a wide list mobs to reach rank 25.

For example, ratman king.
1st kill. 2 rp
2nd kill. 1 rp
3rd kill .5 rp
4th kill 0.25 rp
5th kill 0.1 rp
6th onwards 0.01 rp

For the life of ratman king, he will supply a total of 3.85 rp.

Players get this and move on to other zones.

el conquistador

• Fodder
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2018, 11:52:58 AM »
the rank system has been weird like that for a long time.  didn't it used to be the ranks would give you a % based on how long it has been since you personally killed each mob?  or am i imagining that?  it definitely feels very strange to try some difficult zone i havent done all wipe and get less ranks in the entire thing than i can get for killing the kender bard.

el conquistador

• Fodder
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2018, 11:58:20 AM »
it is impossible to know for sure but i think kam's plan with rank 25 for legendary was to extend the playtime of some of the players.  a lot of people seem to quit a couple months into the wipe and maybe the plan was to make achieving their in-game goals take longer so they will stick around. 

but i dont think it typically works like that.  i usually play each wipe until i get bored or until another game feels more fun.  with the grind to legendary being increased so dramatically other games started to feel more fun pretty quickly.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2018, 01:54:44 PM »
For the life of ratman king, he will supply a total of 3.85 rp.

Players get this and move on to other zones.

and so when they exhaust fight that is doable pre-legend and are only rank 19 (or lower because of some deaths), then what?  join legendary fights and lose even more rank?