Author Topic: rank 25 required for legend  (Read 6779 times)

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
Re: rank 25 required for legend
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2018, 06:49:23 PM »
...and hopefully even more coming in in the next few months. There really has been more content added so far this wipe than in the last 3 or 4, both in terms of revamps (merchant caravan, shadow isle) and the new zones Kholos mentioned.

The days of "just zoning" and being able to legend seem to be over. The reasons are twofold: 1-you need to get to rank 25 now, and ranks 21-25 are much harder to attain; 2-the onset of legal 2-manning means that most of the content in the game is available to single players.

As a result you must either learn to grind ranks hard, or push yourself to learn the zones that don't pop anything important (no great gear, no significant spells, etc.) and are less frequented as a result.

Rhys

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2018, 07:10:19 PM »
"Learn to grind...."

Just renamed my jmc shortcut to this to remind me whats required and that other things involve time better spent when i get the urge to log on.

Shannow

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2018, 05:05:32 AM »
Yeah, that's a disheartening response.

Also not everyone wants to play multiple characters and to get decent ranks you have to be a pretty overpowered two man cause the ranks in most mid / mid-high zones are shit most of the time.

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2018, 04:35:03 PM »
I would have to disagree with you there. There are MANY ranks in the game and I can not tell you how many times ill go check a random mob and have it be full rank exp. Yes there are people that run scripts and make a lot of easy rank mobs crap, but they generally rotate around so I would recommend checking ranks geographically. Usually if ranks are crappy near Pal, maybe they aren't so bad near Bali, or Tarsis, etc... Theres also quite a bit of ranks that a trash ranker simply ignores due to the amount of time. Grab a small group and rank up. In other words, stop being the victim, get some buddies, rank like a beast.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2018, 08:20:13 PM »
Why does everyone seem to think that learning new zones is grindy?

Quid

• Favorite Zone: Mortigoth
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2018, 11:40:34 PM »
Well I guess deleting a post is a different kind of answer.

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2018, 11:48:11 PM »
Not interested in letting this deteriorate further into some kind of flame war.
Post with substance or please abstain.