Author Topic: how important is legend?  (Read 463 times)

el conquistador

• Fodder
how important is legend?
« on: September 10, 2018, 04:01:16 AM »
i managed to make a legendary warrior and a barbarian last wipe and after some testing the upgrade seemed very minor.  is this really a thing i need to be doing? 

or am i missing something and it actually is really good?  should i avoid classes that i cant get to legendary like dk or druid?  any advice from someone more experienced?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 04:07:45 AM by el conquistador »

Rednax

Re: how important is legend?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 05:43:34 AM »
I would say the skills/spells, and innate bonuses you get for legending (and the ranks you can buy thereafter) are definitely worth legending for... I'd tend to agree with you for warriors that it doesn't really feel like you get any super overpowered spike at legend but for almost every other class your overall character strength goes WAY up. And being legend also means you can make exotics!

Now there are some legend things that suck like legend punch rank and slam skill... but other skills and spells like adrenaline rush/legend lay/nightfall are so good for so many things that any legendary character with those skills can do so much more than if they didn't have them.

I remember when paladins got legend strike, the damage gained was so much you could obliterate with store weapons... not so much now but there are definitely still classes with massively overpowered legend bonuses out there.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 05:57:25 AM by Rednax »

hanlon

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 03:36:57 PM »
To get a clearer picture between non-legend and legend, one needs to only take a look at the Shaman class. Compare pre-legend shaman to legend shaman and you can easily see the power spike.

el conquistador

• Fodder
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 10:33:27 PM »
interesting so some legend classes are not as legendary as others. 

ok thanks for the input guys.  might skip legendary on my basher this time and try for auto haste!

kanu

• Fodder
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 07:05:13 AM »
Legend warriors come with Assault and Fortress. Assault is an offensive skill, fortress is a defensive skill. I've mostly not seen much benefit of Fortress in the groups I've been in, since usually my warrior is bashing and not tanking. Assault is pretty terrific when it goes off though as you can do a tonne of damage in a round. Also, Legendary Warrior bash and punch are pretty awesome and noticeably better than non-Legend.

But yes, some of the improvements in the Legendary version of a class are much more noticeable.

David

ps. If you spend 600k coins and 30 ranks on haste you may end up disappointed.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 07:45:55 PM »
Paladins are among the weakest "legendary" characters. However, they can finish an additional quest strand after they legend and get the best "get out of jail free" card in the game - FREEDOM! That said, the decision to massively nerf paladin strike made them almost purely a tank class. Slam got upgraded, but is still pretty useless. Don't get me wrong: legend lay, rally - these are great - but compared to nightfall's ability to cut through whole zones there really isn't parity.

If we wanted to give paladins a little "legend" love I would suggest allowing legend paladin to "guard" multiple targets, or allow "divine focus" to work in combat when not tanking, or allow legend paladins to pretty much stay permanently in "reckoning"

Also, the strike nerf did not result in a similar reduction in hp for the dragons in the final Rose Quest fight, which made an already crazy hard fight even crazy harder!

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 03:45:44 PM »
I think it would be neat to toggle reckoning on/off as well as the multiple guard targets. Reckoning on = all the benefits of reckoning currently which would also make strike hit better (like the previous version) so thats the 'offensive stance'. The 'defensive stance' would be 'guard' with no argument or guarding groupmates, lowers the paladin's dmg, can't reckoning at all but gives a -5% dmg reduction flag to the paladin. They have some good utility but to me, they are kind of like a red robe......

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 12:20:42 PM »
Paladins definitely need an upgrade. Guarding multiple targets would be a start. but let's be honest.  the lag from paladin guard is dumb as fk if you're tanking. barbs have into the breech which auto rescues targets with no lag and you rescue a 2nd target in the same round. legend strike is as worthless as legend primal fury. slam is laughable. freedom should be a 4th slot spell you can mem like nightfall or at least defense against the night. if mages werent absolute trash a white robe with legend cleanse is far more reliable in 99% scenarios than a once in 5+ tick freedom.