Author Topic: Dragon Changes  (Read 1381 times)

Jorake

• Zone Leader
Dragon Changes
« on: September 02, 2018, 09:23:25 PM »
Just curious if im the only one who thinks its a bit much for start of wipe stuff.

Dragon changes went a bit far i believe. There are certain things that sure, buff those. While mobs like fbyte/ochre/flurry etc are old mobs, you could 3-5man those fights easy enough with legends before. So ok, buff those. Maybe make flare a bit tougher for storms keep, ok sure thats good. it loads decent eq. But the issue is, the mid range content is sorta bapted. It might be that im just being a pussy and to scared to try the fights or something, idk. A zone like kago hinterlands. A very good level 23-26ish zone. Tons of exp. but it has a dragon. So i havent stepped in there. Shaydes, tried that, and it has a big ass dragon that backstabs and bashes and still 3x oblits, so not going in there either. Shaydes really? It doesnt load anything but exp for start of wipe, small groups.

Was it that you took and applied the code to all dragons?

Why would hylo need a dragon that destroys low level people?

My petition is not to get rid of the dragon buff, because it makes it interesting again for those zones. Perhaps take a look at some individual zones that are seriously affected by this change and tweak those.

gnua

• Zone Leader
Re: Dragon Changes
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 10:55:13 PM »
Shaydes, tried that, and it has a big ass dragon that backstabs and bashes and still 3x oblits, so not going in there either. Shaydes really?

the biggest problem with the shayds dragon was that it tracked and stabbed thus not only causing deaths, but preventing a successful cr.  a no cr death seems out of place for a zone that can otherwise be done with less than 8 pre-legends.  i'm a real fan of the flight marshal azul dragon fight because it is strong enough to cause deaths but still allows for a cr.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 10:57:42 PM by gnua »

Kam

• Administrator
  • Zoner
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 01:05:44 AM »
All of the mid-level dragons that were buffed are optional fights.
The one in Forest Shrine (Shayds) is also pretty optional.

The motivation and thought process behind it was pretty simple:
Dragons should be more dragon-like.
If dragons are in a place where we can make them more dragon-like, do so.
If not, make them not dragons.

That's what we did!

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 06:50:48 AM »
All of the mid-level dragons that were buffed are optional fights.
The one in Forest Shrine (Shayds) is also pretty optional.

The motivation and thought process behind it was pretty simple:
Dragons should be more dragon-like.
If dragons are in a place where we can make them more dragon-like, do so.
If not, make them not dragons.

That's what we did!

I hope that the dragons that are usually killed while spelling up a shaman for legendary have been made not dragons then.  finding out otherwise by a no-cr death before legend is a pretty bitter pill to swallow.  I'm all for making the post-legendary fights brutally difficult though.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 07:28:43 AM by gnua »

oom

• Fodder
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 02:58:41 PM »
So, I think it totally sucks you guys died in Shayds.

I think some of the dragons we fought were a little too hard for what I felt they should be and some seemed a lot easier than I expected.

That said, I haven't had a chance to fight a ton yet and I'm a little afraid too. Honestly I think it's pretty fun being afraid of dying in this game. It makes it a lot more fun for me.

I look at a dragon like the one in Shayds and compare it to frosty. Zones outside are comparable in toughness although shayds is much longer and more of an actual zone than Frosty area. But why shouldn't they both have a bomb boss mob at the end? If there are more fun fights that are easily accessible I think it's a good thing.

It might suck to find out which ones are frosty level and which ones are mytarik level but once it happens I think it will be pretty fun to go dragon hunting.

Give it a couple of weeks before even worrying about it I think. Nobody has ranks for steelskin and saves right now and that will make a big difference. Not to mention legends.

I like the idea of if you need to kill it for the zone, it should be not impossible, but if it's optional its full on face ******* time.

RichE

• Fodder
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 06:02:31 AM »
   DRAGONS:

- Dragons are scary again, and they are many. Be cautious, we recommend it.
- The thing we mentioned about dragons is for real, you should be afraid.
- You remember dragons, right? Well they are mostly a lot more dangerous.
- If thinking about dragons has you excited, you are wrong. Tremble.
- We added more dragons to the game, we upgraded several, we removed some.
- All of the dragons we mentioned are very likely to be able to kill you.

raf

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 09:28:19 AM »
While I understand this change can cause some deaths (is that really a bad thing occasionally?).. I think this was a good change personally. It adds a bit of danger and something new to look out for in zones.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 10:48:53 AM by raf »

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Storms Keep
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 12:15:04 AM »
Is the dragon pet of paladins and dks buff too?
They are DRAGONS!

el conquistador

• Fodder
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 12:37:43 PM »
it was a funny surprise when i forgot about all this and decided to kill the brass dragon without looking the other day

You miss Gleam with your slash.
You bludgeon Gleam.
Gleam Obliterates YOU with his claw.
You wish your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much!

Kam

• Administrator
  • Zoner
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 08:38:49 PM »
Is the dragon pet of paladins and dks buff too?
They are DRAGONS!

In some ways they have actually gotten stronger also

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2018, 11:02:47 PM »
i used to restore my faith or charge my faith by killing khisanth or ancient red...

guess paladins should be careful abt casting righteous indignation from now on...

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2018, 07:50:30 PM »
Paladins just need to kill more evil priests now. Ancient red and Khisanth are off the table unless you have a group.

That said, I would like to petition to add a few more HOLY flags to evil priests in mid level zones (neraka inner city, dragonarmy training, etc.) to help paladins who can no longer solo dragons to fix faith.

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 01:49:27 AM »
u still playing paladin / cleric combo?

Kam

• Administrator
  • Zoner
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2018, 11:18:02 AM »
That said, I would like to petition to add a few more HOLY flags to evil priests in mid level zones (neraka inner city, dragonarmy training, etc.) to help paladins who can no longer solo dragons to fix faith.

This can be done.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2018, 06:01:40 PM »
Thief Warrior was original combo, then rolled a dargo paladin. Now it is almost legend. Hopefully by Sunday...