Author Topic: August 10, 2018 --- PWIPE!  (Read 4793 times)

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
Re: August 10, 2018 --- PWIPE!
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2018, 01:33:59 PM »
I don't know if what Aristox said is true of if he's just making fun of us for being a bunch of whiners. I hope it's true though.

As far as what Reed was talking about for group sizes. I was the primary leader of MYTH this wipe for a 3 month stretch or so, from like late Sept - January maybe? with a couple of appearances after. I will say that it was a real letdown that people would log on late for groups and they would be full and then they would log off or solo a bit and log off before we had a slot. Whether going to 10 man groups again instead of 8 is the answer I'm honestly not sure. Would more mages have gotten into groups if the group size was 10 instead of 8? I don't know. I do know, if they were in the group they wouldn't be locating physics or whatever his name is every 20 minutes...
Honestly I think the anything goes multi situation we had this wipe was a pretty good one time opportunity for a lot of people. I saw several people in MYTH go from having minimal knowledge of leading to being fairly capable of keeping an 8 man occupied for an evening of fun. I think the "legal" ability to at least 2 man will maybe help with people who are left out. I don't know, I like the idea though at least in theory, even though I've never been one to play more than a single character.

Lastly I just want to say thank you to all the people who continue to pump content out, fix bugs, make chaos harbingers, wipe the mud, balance classes etc etc. We are pretty lucky to have this game. Some people will say it's a "dead" game but I've been hearing that for the last 10 years and I think I have more fun every wipe.

And Kam. I don't know how long ago this was, probably 2 years? But one random night you made a shout. It was basically "as long as one person still wants to play this game we will make sure it's still running". I don't know the exact quote but that was the idea. I just want to say Thank you for that. Just the IDEA that this game continues on is comforting to me. There have been times I quit for a year, I come back and like 5 people I knew in the past just happen to be starting up again the same week. It's kind of amazing really. I'm glad to be a part of this Arctic community and I'm glad to have met all the other players here. Whether it's someone I'm "at war" with or a clanmate I feel connected to everyone who plays this game.  I mean out of 7 billion people there are maybe a few thousand who have ever played this game and we could all talk for hours about it.

The things Aristox said are true.

And thanks for the thanks.
We'll always be here. Arctic is forever.

Malaki

• Immortal
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2018, 01:58:19 PM »
As for group size i liked when it was 12, always seemed like there was enough room for most anyone. As well as the less ideal classes depending on the zone / goal intended in the group.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2018, 05:24:39 PM »
Thanks Kam - obviously changes can't be made overnight.  I think your opinion of nerfing DPS and then increasing group size (if you think DPS on 10 as it is now would be too OP) is a good overarching method.  And yes, thank you and the other imms for all your efforts. 

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2018, 09:07:25 AM »
Just give your mage a dragon orb and let him tank everything in the game, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2018, 08:48:01 AM »
Dear KAM - Can we get a taste of the druid changes so we can change all rush druids in a couple of days?  Thanks!

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2018, 12:47:09 AM »
*rabble rabble rabble* 10 mans rabble. bring back. rabble warriorsNOTbestmainhahajason rabble rabble rabble

oom

• Fodder
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2018, 01:11:11 AM »
rabble warriorsNOTbestmainhahajason rabble rabble rabble

And now the most ridiculous argument I've ever witnessed enters it's 7th year...

Halibio

• Immortal
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2018, 08:54:54 PM »
*rabble rabble rabble* 10 mans rabble. bring back. rabble warriorsNOTbestmainhahajason rabble rabble rabble

ahahahahahaha! I love you Gramm! Barbs4lyfe!