Author Topic: Soloing/duoing mage guidance?  (Read 2467 times)

Kam

• Administrator
  • Zoner
Re: Soloing/duoing mage guidance?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2018, 08:46:35 AM »
The one drawback to Dark Knights is that is reasonably difficult for a newbie to figure out the Lily quest completely on one's own, so once you hit level 25, you might want to hit up a friend or another dark knight to help you get your dragon.

Open to suggestions for making this easier to discover and accomplish if someone has something.

hanlon

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 09:55:00 AM »
Completing the quest themselves isn't the hard part imo. Its actually figuring out these quest exist that make it hard for new/returning players. I'm constantly helping our new or returning players with small things on the mud and one of the biggest issues most of them have, is they just don't know this stuff exist. There aren't any help files out there to tell them these basic things and most the help files we do have are sadly horribly out of date.  Maybe we can use the Game Knowledge section of the forum to make stickies about the classes and the important details to each class?

Rhys

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2018, 03:18:05 PM »
The one drawback to Dark Knights is that is reasonably difficult for a newbie to figure out the Lily quest completely on one's own, so once you hit level 25, you might want to hit up a friend or another dark knight to help you get your dragon.

Open to suggestions for making this easier to discover and accomplish if someone has something.

I like the forums idea. Alternatively, a coded cryptic (but not crazy obscure) whispering from the heavens when a character reaches a certain level suggesting where to start looking might be all that is needed.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2018, 05:33:17 PM »
Fair (and, to be honest, I'd sort of gathered that as well). If you were going to pick a guild that was particularly new-ish player friendly, what would you recommend? I've tried cleric (no one seems to want them in groups), thief (good lord do I suck), paladin (I like, but again with the grouping), mage (see above), and shaman (seems like mage light, at least with regards to charms).

I would recommend: one of cleric/shaman and one of warrior/barbarian/paladin.  I would recommend dk if losing status wasnt quite so devastating towards legendary progress.  you can spellup a mage pretty quickly in a 2man group where one is a tank type and another is a cure type.  I think even top-tier players use their "real" characters to spell up their trash mage.