Author Topic: Something went missing....  (Read 303 times)

Rhys

Something went missing....
« on: September 30, 2018, 02:35:43 AM »
Twice in as many days I have have a nice (excellent quality) weapon "Something went missing" while in rent.
They were not near decay.
This seems a bit odd. The first time I accepted it (lvl 24 that I hadn't played much in a week or 2 with not much other eq) as stripping storage chars. I thought a bit harsh but went with it.
The second time a pretty well equipped lvl 28 with a lot of recent play time lost its prime.
Granted, I bought them in the shop and have no idea how to load them but I feel aggrieved nonetheless.
If this is part of some new eq recycling system then no problem but like I said, it seems odd.

Rhak

• God
Re: Something went missing....
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 03:27:50 AM »
"They were not near decay."
"I bought them in the shop"
I think that's the most likely problem.  If somebody runs down the timer on something and sells it to a shop, you buy it with whatever the current timer is, and there's no way for a mortal to see what that timer might be.  There's some small possibilities of a game error - rent decay items need much higher decay timers and sometimes mistakenly don't have their timers set to reflect that so they decay unnaturally fast, but these are pretty rare at this point.  I checked and you definitely weren't rent zapped by an immortal.  If this ever does happen for whatever reason also you lose all equipment and items, worn and inventory, and I don't believe it gives you any message.
It probably just came down to buying stuff from the shop with a bit of bad luck on timing, and whoever sold it having held onto it for a while beforehand.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 03:56:41 PM »
Twice in as many days I have have a nice (excellent quality) weapon "Something went missing" while in rent.
...Granted, I bought them in the shop and have no idea how to load them but I feel aggrieved nonetheless.

some of the more knowledgeable players keep careful track of timers and will sell them to the shop just before they decay.

Kam

• Administrator
  • Zoner
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 01:18:52 PM »
Those guys are jerks!