Author Topic: What would it take to ever make me play again?  (Read 34706 times)

Hoss

• Elder
Re: What would it take to ever make me play again?
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2013, 08:00:44 PM »
I am going to refrain from posting to one side or the other, as I don't want anyone to get a false hope of 'oh they are going to do X, YEAH' or 'BOO' but I did want to drop in and let you all know that we are reading, we are discussing, we are drinking beer.

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2013, 08:43:54 PM »
I will second everything Hoss said except replace the drinking beer part with burping a 2 month old.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2013, 08:59:11 PM »
i know who's winning that trade off

snax

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2013, 09:25:29 PM »
i know who's winning that trade off
definately the man married to the milk engorged dispensary -at least for a few more months.  Although, in about 12 years, I'ld say hoss will get my vote.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2013, 10:19:30 PM »
Please, hoss while you are drinking your beer and aristox while you are awake with the baby at 3 am reading this, change the decay system.  It sucks.  Make all items subject to a timer that accelerates when items are in rent for long periods of time.  Love, Reed

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 09:18:33 AM »
comeon!@!! #aristox #hoss  put some news up!

Davy

• Fodder
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 01:05:38 PM »
I have had one Legendary character. This wipe playing my single character I took a lot longer to reach 1x. However besides sucking, being clan less and not having 24/7 mud time as well as short a ton of spells I am close to rank 20 and the glimmer of hope I will have a Legend Cleric. I like the XP tables because it even outs with the fact by the time I was level 6 my ranking career was underway. If I played more then one character I could see the XP tables licking old saggy balls. But as a casual small fish in a cat fish pond I love the XP/Ranking just how it is.

btown

• Elder
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2013, 01:41:18 PM »

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2013, 01:20:46 PM »
It wiped 3 months ago almost to the day...  Shouldn't wipe until lube because it will just be another bandaid.

btown

• Elder
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2013, 01:25:08 PM »
who are you kidding...  I am waiting for LUBE like I am waiting for the colonization of Mars..   just fix the xp tables so atleast a few people come back until whenever

and yes they are broken

btown

• Elder
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2013, 02:58:17 PM »
I keep hoping to see news and of course there's none. 

I think if you changed the XP tables back to normal you would see a flood of old players return to level some crap up.

I can vouch for (1) <--------------------

I really just want to pk loretta

DrRobertHand

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2013, 07:54:34 PM »
The rent system would need to change for me to play again.

I've tried coming back a handful of times in the last 10 years or so, and it always ends the same way.  I get busy/distracted for a week or two and when I log back in all my stuff is gone.  That is such a kick in the pants, it is no surprise there are not any casual players.

Nostramazos

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2013, 10:38:59 AM »
Hey all,

@Nasredin. You got it right, rest of you got it wrong.

@those people who complain about the xp tables, many of you want to be level 30 within hours to go to the big zones to get the big gear. Not on your main char, but in all your 20 chars. You are what we call in Maza Nostra "eq freaks."

Don't pretend that you care about newbies or the inexperienced and the looong xp tables. It is sad. We have grouped with you. We know how you zone. There is no talking, no laughing, no farting. You speedkey through zones, you loot eq, give to your clannies for their multies. Deaths are just a hassle because now you have to do the whole circuit again. Newbies? You wouldn't go near them. They would just slow you down. They type slow, you have to explain things to them and the frustration of certain leaders is palpable: You can hear it through the screen and the text.

You want to hit 5 zones within 2 hours and arm yourselves with as much gear as possible. You want to brag about damage and if you lose it with no cr, you freak out. Freak out as in block capital letters about how you hate all and you quit. Then you become immortal and you pretend how you never really cared about eq or how it was not about eq after all etc etc.

There are great zones in this game that are mid level. The new exp tables made us for the first time to actually zone before 30, to group newbies and not be in a hurry, to enjoy the game by killing gully dwarves and stepping into dts. Your complaints have nothing to do with new players because you have never even been close to a new player. You just speculate and arm yourselves by running your circuits.

@Aristox and Hoss. Times have changed and mud needs to reflect that. You cannot have smaller clans like Maza and Myth in the same boat with big clans who compete over gear. Both clans have recruited new players in our numbers and we have been teaching them the game. But the threat of pk related death and the actual killing against our clans from a number of individuals (or one individual not sure) made the new players quit. When we talk about waste of time in this game, we really mean that we want to zone, have fun and not get pkilled on the way because your current eq freak spelled up mage was bored.

You need to give small clans who do not bot the chance to be PK free somehow. Have a limit on the high end gear they can acquire, we don't mind and we don't care if we don't have no bash items (really, seriously, we don't care). Or have available mediocre clan eq (once SH is build the smith can sell them) which cannot be used from the pkillers and make us unworthy targets. A 4d4 weapon. A 2d7 offhand. A heavy shield. An +1str armor. Something. We will make due and we will wear those all the time.

But somehow, take the threat of pk off those clans who just want to zone. Make it their choice for fun (for years there was talk about an Arena that people could go and have pk fun without any losses). Fix that and you will even see KOS coming back.

Nostramazos

btown

• Elder
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2013, 11:24:22 AM »
omg..  you sir have picked the wrong game.

newbies are awesome because they are easy to manipulate.

I didn't say or wasn't really implying to fix the xp tables to bring newbies back..  I want them to fix the xp tables to bring me back!  fk the newbies! 

Maybe the game isn't for me anymore because I lost my desire to grind..  I have zero interest in doing level 20 zones and I would prefer to start at level 25 when making a character just to avoid all the BULLSHIT. 

Ok that's a good idea now that I thought of it..  lets make the new starting level 25 and keep the xp tables the same.  And MAZA and MYTH can start at level 1 and sing kumbaya all the way to max level 25.  25+ is pk zoneing

HOLYshet!  this is a great idea the more I type abou8t it

Nostramazos

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2013, 01:10:45 PM »

Oh I wasn't really referring to you personally, I got your point across ok. You never talked about how newbies ache from long exp tables. Others did and I am referring to them.

However, as far as I understand it, you want two games, one of which will be curtailed to your need to do higher zones only. I like that idea too. Get all the eq freaks together, add to your chars an extra head and leg for more vestments, drop you in a zone 35+ with the best eq ever and have you live a life of intrigue and excitement and constant struggle with only the occasional fits for losing and quitting.

Apart from that leave those exp tables alone! Or I will press the red button.

Nostramazos