Author Topic: What would it take to ever make me play again?  (Read 36809 times)

Loretta

• Fodder
Re: What would it take to ever make me play again?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 06:45:17 PM »
I guess ppl just cant made new unknown bot team in less then 8 hours and this discourage players.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 08:08:03 PM »
I think you have a pretty big handle

@RaVaN , ease down there fella this is a family friendly forum

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 08:44:53 PM »
I guess ppl just cant made new unknown bot team in less then 8 hours and this discourage players.

It might have the opposite effect. It is so hard to level different char that you might as well bot up and level all of them at single go.

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2013, 06:46:35 AM »
The pre-wipe is over,  NOBODY wants to spend days upon days upon DAYS to get to level 30 just to be randomed and hunted and then that char is worthless too.

I mean I am just sayin,  if I could level like the old days I would still be playin some char..  but as it is now it just requires to much of my time.

Back in the old days you and some others could have quit and decide you are gonna roll a new clan or pk squad "part of the game"  buy a 12pack of beer and go nutz by the end of the night you are zoning and pkilling..  now that's fun.  this shit you have us doing now is just ridiculous.

P.S.  I liked the xp tables at the beginning of wipe..  but I think after a week of the wipe it needs to go back to normal.

Loretta

• Fodder
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2013, 06:51:14 AM »
Back to old days i was trying to get level 30 for like 2 month with my first clanned char. And i lost like 30 hps permanently to delevel shit. And it doesnt dissapoint me at all. Your old days arnt old at all i guess.

btown

• Elder
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2013, 07:10:38 AM »
nice..  that was 18 years ago?  Loretta do all of us a favor and go slap your dad for ever sleeping with your mom and making your dumbass

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2013, 09:02:45 PM »
If the xp table is here to stay, please reduce the minimum skill requirement for class skills to like lvl 20 instead of 25.

That way, classes like robes will have a pet to help out, and ease the grind at lvl 20+.

Homard

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2013, 08:35:54 AM »
  I was a new returning guy last wipe.  Hooked up with a clan after leveling to 26 or so and enjoyed the wipe.  Died a lot, but it never really hurt too much.  I was a casual player.  A few hours here, a few hours there.  It took me the whole wipe to get one character almost to legend.  I didn't legend due to my own stupidity.  I rolled one guy to level 10 this wipe and quickly realized that the new tables would make it impossible to play as a casual so I didn't.
  I'll play next wipe if it looks possible for a casual, if not I won't.  I'm not whining as it doesn't matter to me one way or the other.  I expect I'm a lot like other returning 30 somethings though.  If the game is work, it's not a game.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2013, 09:38:53 AM »
Somewhere around level 20 with no one to group with, I figured I would have to quit or bot. I decided to quit because botting sounds just as boring as soloing. Maybe real life getting busy had something to do with quitting, but real life has always been busy and I made time to MUD simply because it was a whole lot of fun.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:06:33 AM by gnua »

Slunt

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2013, 09:54:09 AM »
Ever now and again a topic like this comes up.

nasredin points out the richness of the game and the rewarding mid level content available. Thing is i have tried time and again to find this rewarding mid level content and i just never can seem to. I would say i am a fairly experienced player and i have even solved a few zones by myself and in my clan setting. But i don't seem to ever find these mid level rewarding quests and content.

Maybe i just need to be exposed to the process of finding it.  I say this because i do love this game and i'd love to spend time playing it but can't. Exploring lower level content in my spare time could be a good way to still be part of arctic.

I was about to play this wipe and rolled maybe 1 character and leveled to 10 but its hard to find a game into everyday life currently.

btown

• Elder
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2013, 10:41:24 AM »
Aristox/Hoss  Can we get a "thought of the day on this subject" ?  I mean if you guys don't play mortal chars why torture those who do?

Do you not want us back?

Do you hate us?

WHAT WOULD IT TAKE..  do you want  money??  im paypal you some money right now but this better be fixed by morning

but if you think im gonna spend another month of my time getting to lvl 30 ur nutz!

And now I would like to apologize for my previous typing of words

Not Atahl Happy About This

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2013, 02:22:49 PM »
revert xp tables, reduce nightmare stun chance further, reduce punch/bash damage, nerf animate, pwipe.

btown

• Elder
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2013, 02:31:24 PM »
DANIEL!?!?  don't you want anything done at all??  the main problem is the xp tables atm lets fix that!  but I will agree with everything you said

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2013, 04:06:17 PM »
Nightmare doesn't need to be nerfed, it never stuns people except the rare exception when 4 BIAs got stunned.  Also, animate needs to be buffed, not nerfed :)

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2013, 07:00:18 PM »
revert xp tables, reduce nightmare stun chance further, reduce punch/bash damage, nerf animate, pwipe.

Many ways to make nightmare less potent:

1. Stuff like Mind blank, zombify should counter nightmare.
2. Non combat "wake" should counter nightmared ppl.
3. Brilliance should lower nightmare chance.
4. Darkness should increase nightmare chance.
5. True seeing should counter nightmare.
6. Less potent during the "day" time. More potent during "night" time.
7. Cloak of bravery should +save against nightmare
8. Kender immune nightmare

Many ideas already thrown out on animate, but this has been such an old spell probably it will never get changed ever.
Make "turn" work on animate corpse to have the following effect
1. they flee away even when master is in room
2. lower their hr by -20 or something when failed save
3. they stop following the master when failed save
4. Their hp goes to 10% of their max when failed save

Punch and bash, I like it but thats because I'm biased.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:20:25 PM by gulca »