Author Topic: Rising threat  (Read 23595 times)

eli

Re: Rising threat
« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2017, 04:58:48 PM »
You see that at least Eli doesn't care if we play.  What reason do we not have to put him in his place and kill him into quitting.  Why is there a double standard that we should care if he plays.

The don't be an asshole rule was instituted during the Hoss administration.  A rule that coincides with an all-time low point in arctic history.

What reason? You are parasites and a cancer on the mud. You can not exist without feasting on reasonable, honorable players. You get boners from "killing them in to quitting." No wonder everyone hates you.

Perhaps the rule does coincide with a low point in Arctic history ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but it seems to me that the rule was instituted as an attempt to get you guys to stop being assholes instead of turning off pk. You all chose to continue the douchebaggery and here were are.

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2017, 05:12:04 PM »
I don't think it's fair that rise has so many people in there clan that can play a ton of hours and load all the best eq/spells and then use that eq/spells to kill others for the rest of the eq they want. You should make them quit for doing this or make everyone else quit for not playing enough.

I don't think it's fair that the leaders in rise, myth, and core put time into this game to learn zones and the keywords. So now they can do so many zones and load so much eq/spells. You should make all the zone and quest info open source so that it's fair for everyone.

I don't think it's fair that someone can gain xp/ranks so quickly and it takes me forever. You should make it so that I'm auto level 30 and rank 20 when I create my character.

I don't think it's fair that only 1 or two clans get the best eq in the game. You should make it so that I get any item I want when I create my character.

I don't think it's fair that I die to a mob and some people don't. You should make it so that no one dies when attacking mobs.

I don't think it's fair that mages don't have to walk town to town while everyone else does. You should give everyone teleport.

I don't think it's fair that some people are really really mean and some people are really really nice. You should make it illegal for people to be nice and mean since everyone has a different preference. See "the platinum rule"

I don't think it's fair that some people choose not to bot multiple characters. You should make it illegal not to bot since it hurts the number of people on the who list. 100+ looks better than 30... I'm sure one of you imms can start a class on how to bot.

I don't think it's fair that some people have imms and friends with imms. You should make everyone immortal so that there isn't any favoring going on. This would also help the no dying to mobs complaint.

Thank you

« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:49:52 PM by Bryton »

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2017, 05:56:36 PM »
What reason? You are parasites and a cancer on the mud. You can not exist without feasting on reasonable, honorable players. You get boners from "killing them in to quitting." No wonder everyone hates you.

Perhaps the rule does coincide with a low point in Arctic history ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but it seems to me that the rule was instituted as an attempt to get you guys to stop being assholes instead of turning off pk. You all chose to continue the douchebaggery and here were are.

Honorable like when you loot the best set someone has ever had, then justify keeping it by claiming there is some clan war going on, with a clan that has already quit and pk damage set to 0.  Righhhhht.

I can leave this mud knowing that we dominated pussies like you with no regrets.  I'm willing to own that. 

You only run your mouth as soon as daddy Hoss, I mean Daniel steps in to change the rules to protect you. 

I have no respect for the people on this game who act all self-righteous.  There are a few people who love this game and want to share the experience with the rest of the mud (most of them are in Myth).  The rest of you liars are just worried about how many exclusive text shinies you can accumulate.  I can't remember how many times I've heard of members of CORE trying to force a trade on MYTH for an item they decayed.  Saying shit like: 'Well we offered them more than it was worth...'  Have you ever thought they might just want that item because they never had it before?  No is an ok answer and insisting or prying is a sign of disrespect for the person you are asking. 

The fact is, this game is on life support.  People are desperately trying to cling on to what is left, which is a pathetic decrepit version of a once great mud.  I have advocated for every member of RISE to quit this piece of shit, because it's clear the staff cannot help but get involved in mortal affairs.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:18:22 PM by eddiex »

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #168 on: July 17, 2017, 06:58:22 PM »
One clan ruining the MUD for all the rest is an immortal affair.

Quitting certainly wouldn't be a bad thing for the rest of us.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #169 on: July 17, 2017, 08:06:38 PM »
Blackmagus - please message me when there are more than 50 people on this game now that us cancer are gone.  Thanks bud!

eli

« Reply #170 on: July 17, 2017, 08:16:46 PM »
Blackmagus - please message me when there are more than 50 people on this game now that us cancer are gone.  Thanks bud!

You add zero value to this game. Zero. The only thing you do is take away what little time us players with wives, kids, jobs, etc. have to play this game. No one wants to bapting inn sit because you assholes feel the need to "dominate" or whatever bullshit you tell yourselves to justify being dicks.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2017, 08:30:58 PM »
Hey! I found a 2d8 enchantable prime during that time!!

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #172 on: July 17, 2017, 08:34:41 PM »

Players    : 39/1441

Not bad for a Monday night, perhaps you'd like to eat your words, stop being a baby and admit you'll be back sooner rather than later.

It's still a great game, even if you can't dominate it.

Ezio

• Fodder
« Reply #173 on: July 17, 2017, 08:44:50 PM »
Believe it or not, forum heroes add zero value. Even embarrassed yourself with your comments.

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #174 on: July 17, 2017, 09:38:57 PM »

Players    : 39/1441

Not bad for a Monday night, perhaps you'd like to eat your words, stop being a baby and admit you'll be back sooner rather than later.

It's still a great game, even if you can't dominate it.

8 of those are me so you really only have 31..... and i assume there are at least 12 more bots in that 31..

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #175 on: July 18, 2017, 02:45:31 PM »
@ Eli - Who has anyone inn sitting?  No one has inn-sat for the last 2-3 wipes.  Keep making stuff up in your head!

@ BlackMagus - 39 is less than 50.  Why are you posting?

Master Mike

« Reply #176 on: July 18, 2017, 04:02:49 PM »

ArcticMud by Keith G.
Since being introduced to this MUD by a friend in 1998, I haven't been able to quit since. Arctic at times has been less of a hobby and more of a way of life.  The relentless search for shinier and shinier gear, the constant warring among the clans, the thrill of slaying tough monsters, and the genuine friendship of the people you enjoy the game with all make Arctic a MUD above all other MUDs.

I admit: it seems tough at first, almost impossible; however, even starting out is something to be enjoyed. I remember quite clearly wandering the streets of the fabled Palanthas from Dragonlance for the first time and wowing at all the rooms. I also remember some nice fellow MUDder giving me 200 coins and taking me to the place I should begin to level.

This is not to say that Arctic is the EASIEST of MUDs. Arctic is quite challenging, and so not for the faint of heart. If you log on and truly want to learn to play the game, expect to die innumerable times. RIP. However, each minute piece of information you learn by dying makes it that much easier for you to learn know how to live.

Playerkilling is allowed, and I, for one, am glad it is so. Even after all these years, I still get "the shakes" when I know a playerkill is about to happen. If you have no clue what I mean by "the shakes", you really should try this MUD. The sometimes glorious logs of major playerkills may be found at, among others,

http://www.normstorm.com/arctic/
http://mudlogs.foghaven.net/
http://arctic.elay.org/

Playerkilling at lower levels is not encouraged; however, it is allowed. Still, take heart, my low level characters, as one finds that people who randomly kill others or kill low level characters have extremely short life spans. Generally the best way to learn the game and have fun is by being friendly with others, as it is in a lot of things. The completely solo character can level up and garner some pieces of fun equipment, but their experience is not nearly as enjoyable as one who has grouped with others and made friends from all over the world along the way.

ArcticMUD has provided much amusement over the course of the last 5+ years, and promises to provide much more. The bad days on Arctic, "OOPS, I DIED, STUPID GAME!" are far outweighted by the hours spent happily immersed in Arctic's Krynn. Newbies needing help should ask their nearest immortal (type who immortal to find out who is on), and they will gladly provide some of their expertise to help you get started. However, they are not a resource to be abused; players are expected to learn the game themselves. That is, of course, half the fun of it.

Sincerely,

Keith G.
Player of Winston, current playerwipe

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #177 on: July 18, 2017, 09:25:16 PM »

ArcticMud by Keith G.
Since being introduced to this MUD by a friend in 1998, I haven't been able to quit since. Arctic at times has been less of a hobby and more of a way of life.  The relentless search for shinier and shinier gear, the constant warring among the clans, the thrill of slaying tough monsters, and the genuine friendship of the people you enjoy the game with all make Arctic a MUD above all other MUDs.

I admit: it seems tough at first, almost impossible; however, even starting out is something to be enjoyed. I remember quite clearly wandering the streets of the fabled Palanthas from Dragonlance for the first time and wowing at all the rooms. I also remember some nice fellow MUDder giving me 200 coins and taking me to the place I should begin to level.

This is not to say that Arctic is the EASIEST of MUDs. Arctic is quite challenging, and so not for the faint of heart. If you log on and truly want to learn to play the game, expect to die innumerable times. RIP. However, each minute piece of information you learn by dying makes it that much easier for you to learn know how to live.

Playerkilling is allowed, and I, for one, am glad it is so. Even after all these years, I still get "the shakes" when I know a playerkill is about to happen. If you have no clue what I mean by "the shakes", you really should try this MUD. The sometimes glorious logs of major playerkills may be found at, among others,

http://www.normstorm.com/arctic/
http://mudlogs.foghaven.net/
http://arctic.elay.org/

Playerkilling at lower levels is not encouraged; however, it is allowed. Still, take heart, my low level characters, as one finds that people who randomly kill others or kill low level characters have extremely short life spans. Generally the best way to learn the game and have fun is by being friendly with others, as it is in a lot of things. The completely solo character can level up and garner some pieces of fun equipment, but their experience is not nearly as enjoyable as one who has grouped with others and made friends from all over the world along the way.

ArcticMUD has provided much amusement over the course of the last 5+ years, and promises to provide much more. The bad days on Arctic, "OOPS, I DIED, STUPID GAME!" are far outweighted by the hours spent happily immersed in Arctic's Krynn. Newbies needing help should ask their nearest immortal (type who immortal to find out who is on), and they will gladly provide some of their expertise to help you get started. However, they are not a resource to be abused; players are expected to learn the game themselves. That is, of course, half the fun of it.

Sincerely,

Keith G.
Player of Winston, current playerwipe

Keith is also an original Rise player who got his medical degree and is now working in Internal Medicine helping patients everyday...., ya know, because Rise are so scummy and all.

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #178 on: July 18, 2017, 10:17:32 PM »
@ BlackMagus - 39 is less than 50.  Why are you posting?

Pointing out just how active the player base is without RISE dictating the actions of other players and clans and just how many folks are still playing with the PK damage reduced to zero.

Why are you posting? Scared we've all realized the game is better without your clan. Or just monitoring the spin your clannies are posting everywhere in a vain attempt to make us all think giving you back the game is the best course of action.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #179 on: July 19, 2017, 07:53:01 AM »
Just monitoring the lies you keep posting, that is about all!