Author Topic: Rising threat  (Read 41306 times)

Loretta

• Fodder
Re: Rising threat
« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2017, 06:16:23 AM »
Wild cheaters must die. Period.

Hoyt

« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2017, 08:28:01 AM »
I say lets bring back pk no nerfs, lets bring back wanted board all towns would be off limits to flagged people unless the want the whole town of guards to attack them install a mob in each town that tracks down flagged people that would be a cyan type mob and if you kill it you get rewarded (maybe make this mob in a peace room so it just isn't a mob people try to kill and learn its weaknesses) lock all zones to people flagged so they can't hide once they kill someone. remove the ability to summons people once flagged i know this is touchy because people who don't listen and told to sleep to be summoned that are not tagged group however this can be solved if you give the ability to remove flags (pardon) from tagged people when not in the same room. maybe make all towns no summons except maybe the druids/cleric guilds. Basically you can pk but your can't hide from it and you bully people that just want to be left alone and play the game. If its gear people are killing for make it flagged so it can't be used by anyone except the corpse it came from. You want eq go and earn it by zoning not by killing people that put in the time to get it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 09:21:24 AM by Hoyt »

oom

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2017, 10:01:44 AM »
Tim's eq loss has nothing to do with the no pk. Exactly how would it be different if there was? Someone looted him and deeprents gear then what? Get your nose out of tims ass.

Nobody has their nose in my ass, I've just made some friends over the years. I agree though. You guys are really really good at deep renting eq so nobody else can sniff it. <nose joke
Let's not pretend that the no pk has no impact on the situation. I'm not complaining but I'm not pretending either.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2017, 10:29:40 AM »
It's funny to me how OLD clan sits here on the forums and spews anti-Rise BS about what bullies we are, etc. etc.  Then they proceed to loot Goodie Tim's set, who still wanted to play this game casually.  Everyone knows him as one of the classiest guys this game has ever seen.  Yet they prefer to keep the set and push Goodie into early retirement this wipe.  Hmmmmmmmm....  You guys are a joke.

Also - all this PK talk is ridiculous at best.  Does anyone realize there have been 4 main PKs by Rise in the last 18 months.  4, in 18 months.  3 with Core last wipe, and 1 on Tajs this wipe.  Keep tricking yourselves into your own delusional perceptions of what RISE is now.  The RISE of 5-6 years ago is long gone.  We've had to adapt our play style more than the rest of you combined.  We were constantly harassed by immortals, blatantly cheated against, and had to tip-toe more and more each wipe around this mud.  This wipe all it took was 1 kill.  1 baptING KILL. 

Ezio

• Fodder
« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2017, 10:51:21 AM »
This was a change made to give the impression that they had a plan and weren't just cheating because they were bored or drunk. Propaganda came soon after. Immortal intervention has always been an issue. It's no coincidence that everyone that is an immortal/friend has the same point of view, and everyone who doesn't/isn't has the same point of view.

I met a neutral last wipe who couldn't go from solace to thorbardin and he had every single zone file. All sent to him by his friend who wanted him to play.

We don't care that you cheat, everyone knows you do it. Cheat in the shadows like everyone has successfully done for years, don't be blatant about it. And don't use our names to justify when you do stupid shit. Don't blame mechanics, don't blame players. Have some integrity.

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2017, 11:19:08 AM »
Goodie Tim I meant other Tim.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2017, 12:20:00 PM »
Tim's eq loss has nothing to do with the no pk. Exactly how would it be different if there was? Someone looted him and deeprents gear then what? Get your nose out of tims ass.

It has a lot to do with the no pk. And we can agree that my hose isnt in anyones ass. If there was pk still allowed then he would be able to fight to get that eq back. Instead hes bapted. You could deeprent the gear but it won't be. It's on someones character right now being used. I guess I would ask everyone to sit and think "if that were my eq and i had a orb and someone could just WALK the hell away with it. What would i want to do!"

Just like this Alisher summoning and dt'ing people bullshit. You cant go and do anything to the guy, cept maybe try the same thing on him.

{Kragg}
-Everything under limit 5 should 1) rent decay 2) have their rent costs adjusted upward and 3) and not allow deeprent rebates so once the massquit occurs (see above) then that gear will come back into circulation at some point after that.  On that, decay timers for items limit 5 and less should have a 20% randomness in the timer length.  This massrent of all the stuff from the massquit is a big issue in my mind.  Late in wipes lately, stuff starts to pop up and that should happen more.

I have been saying this for forever! Deeprenting is a bapting god damn issue. If its lim 5 or under and its not being played with and has been in rent for over 10days. RENT DECAY!

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2017, 01:10:07 PM »
I met a neutral last wipe who couldn't go from solace to thorbardin and he had every single zone file. All sent to him by his friend who wanted him to play.

Yeah? I'm sure your irrefutable evidence resulted in a siteban of the player and the person with server access who supplied the info.

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Zoner
« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2017, 05:03:45 PM »
John: I agree with you that in a PK environment Tim would have the chance to get his gear back because we aren't deeprenting nor would we...This would not change the fact that he got looted is the point I'm trying to make.

I find it laughable that RISE spends wipes trying to get us to quit the game, hunting us wipe after wipe, and now in the middle of the war when we get a lucky break and loot their orb/nobash we are suddenly the bad guys. You guys have tried failed ambush after failed ambush this wipe, and then when you couldn't hit us you went after Tajs. We are/were in the middle of a war so don't give me some sob story about Tim being the nicest rise and not deserving being looted(Tim you are pretty awesome just fyi). The fact is that he is RISE, the orb/nobash helps you guys zone/pk tremendously, and ANYONE in our shoes would have done the same damn thing. I don't wanna hear it.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2017, 05:17:14 PM »
Ilya - can you stop lying please?  Is everything that comes out of your mouth a lie?  We have never tried or wanted you to quit any wipe.  And we attempted 1 ambush on you all wipe while you were in CoT.  Honestly, quit spreading these bullshit lies on the forums.  Wait, i thought you weren't even playing this wipe - oh, just another lie.  Lmao!!! Come on dude. 

And good for you for looting Goodie Tim.  You guys are the golden children of the mud that do no wrong.  Solid move. 

Enjoy your zoning now that it's impossible to PK.  Hope everyone is right and that the mud flurishes with RISE basically quitting and not being able to PK.  I fully expect there to be 100+ on now that everyone has gotten their way.

xellos

• Zoner
« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2017, 05:53:35 PM »
Spin it however you want, the propaganda is just laughable.
The main group of RISE players quit as soon as the pk damage went to 0, apparently everybody on the mudd knew this except clan p ussyhurt.
Thanks for wasting my time on arctic this wipe, real incentive to come back next wipe.  In 8 hours you fast forwarded the mudd from week 3 to month 7 of wipe.
Keep skulking on your imms and watching death log.

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Zoner
« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2017, 05:55:15 PM »
Maybe not you Reed, but others in your clan have said they will continue to pk us until we quit. Don't try to deny it. One ambush attempt, lol. Not going to bother to argue with you...Wipe after wipe has shown what type of players you are, I don't need to prove you wrong you do that on your own through your actions.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 05:57:40 PM by Willoe »

xellos

• Zoner
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2017, 05:58:34 PM »
How did you pop wyrmslayer when you didnt play this wipe Ilya?
Can i get some specific names of who said they would pk you until you quit? SPECIFIC.
reed was asleep when we saw them in pax. he probably forgot that.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 06:46:56 PM by xellos »

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2017, 06:35:06 PM »
Two things:

Let's get the facts straight. There were two coordinated attempts at ambush, once in Pax, the other in CoT.  We also tried on numerous to find Old clan in a position to hit them.

That being said, it's a huge leap to conflate wanting to ambush/kill the only other somewhat competitive clan and trying to force people to quit.

2nd: this whole narrative that were still at war needs to stop. Daniel stepped in and made Pk illegal, effectively leading the majority of RISE to quit.  Those that were remaining simply wanted to enjoy the sad shell of Arctic that was left in the wake of this retarded decision.

I think the only people who thought a war was still going on was those in old clan.  Perhaps, that is goodie Tim's mistake for making assumptions.  However, I think it is a bit absurd that anyone wants to continue a perception that war exists in a game with no real pk.  Are we going to see who can load more of each other's decays and see who has the most at the end to determine who wins this war?  I'm straight confused by this.

And please don't even make some silly contention that pk still exists, PvP damage just does not.  I cannot even respect anyone who would attempt to spin that narrative to be true.

Any reinstatement of pk at this point is not going to change the context of the actions already taken by the staff. There has been no definitive stance on whether pk will return or not. If anyone is privy to some information that the rest of the mud isn't, it is the decision making members of the staff and their friends.

Let's call it what it is, Goodie got looted and no one in their right mind would flat out return that set, unless they truly cared about the preservation of this game and keeping players around.

Let's put it this way. If everyone who remains playing from RISE (which is very few) deleted their character today, but goodie tim, would you return his set then with no more threat remaining?

Maybe, but I think it would be done with the knowledge that a ton more gear would be loading in exchange for one man's set.

This narrative of holiness and tyranny needs to stop.  It's a false justification for the shitty decisions we make as human beings.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 06:52:13 PM by eddiex »

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2017, 06:37:53 PM »
John: I agree with you that in a PK environment Tim would have the chance to get his gear back because we aren't deeprenting nor would we...This would not change the fact that he got looted is the point I'm trying to make.

I find it laughable that RISE spends wipes trying to get us to quit the game, hunting us wipe after wipe, and now in the middle of the war when we get a lucky break and loot their orb/nobash we are suddenly the bad guys. You guys have tried failed ambush after failed ambush this wipe, and then when you couldn't hit us you went after Tajs. We are/were in the middle of a war so don't give me some sob story about Tim being the nicest rise and not deserving being looted(Tim you are pretty awesome just fyi). The fact is that he is RISE, the orb/nobash helps you guys zone/pk tremendously, and ANYONE in our shoes would have done the same damn thing. I don't wanna hear it.

See. I dont care about the looting of the item in and of itself. I think that looting people that havent given consent should be illegal if we are doing away with pvp. That is my entire point. He has no way to do anything about it.