Author Topic: Rising threat  (Read 22287 times)

Dagda

Re: Rising threat
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2017, 07:19:28 AM »
Was going to respond but honestly not going to bother. There is no point in trying to talk reason with you.

And that right there is the exact problem with RISE. People have been trying to talk reason with them for wipes. Unreasonable people require unreasonable action taken to mitigate their influence.

Be reasonable and change for the good of the game.

Thymorical

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Abyss
« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2017, 02:10:33 PM »
Was going to respond but honestly not going to bother. There is no point in trying to talk reason with you.

And that right there is the exact problem with RISE. People have been trying to talk reason with them for wipes. Unreasonable people require unreasonable action taken to mitigate their influence.

Be reasonable and change for the good of the game.

It's more less if the people who are in charge dont like who is dominating the game they change the rules to make who they want to win... let us go back in time and remember the changing of the peace room north of kalaman inn.

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2017, 02:12:57 PM »
The sooner you guys realize everyone sees things differently the better.... Rise, core, myth, brog, pkers, non pkers, causal players, extreme players, mortals, and imms are not the problem they all see things differently because they have different playing styles. It doesn't matter whether 1000 or 50 people are playing.
The problem is this game has become a grind fest with the xp levels being raised, legendary being implemented, skilling, low eq/book loads. So for the causal player which I would say is the majority, it's not worth it to grind and have the chance to lose everything. You have to be careful though Arctic is a unique game, which is why it has survived so long.
If you look at my post "the grind" I believe it will keep arctics unique game style but make it a bit more forgiving for the casual player.

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2017, 10:42:50 AM »
Ya our shaman just died in a zone with no bash slippers and dragon orb.. someone looted his corpse.. just had another player quit. Wish imms would ask the player base before implementing these shitty ideas. Or at least think this shit through which obviously didn't happen. 3 weeks worth of grinding to lose eq to some looter with no repercussions. Funny how everyone thought the mud was going in a good direction then you guys implement shit like this wasting everyone's time.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 10:55:38 AM by Bryton »

Nom

« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2017, 11:12:32 AM »
Ya our shaman just died in a zone with no bash slippers and dragon orb.. someone looted his corpse.. just had another player quit. Wish imms would ask the player base before implementing these shitty ideas. Or at least think this shit through which obviously didn't happen. 3 weeks worth of grinding to lose eq to some looter with no repercussions. Funny how everyone thought the mud was going in a good direction then you guys implement shit like this wasting everyone's time.

Sorry to hear about the loss of another player...but how does and immortal "implementing these shitty ideas" have to do with said shaman dying in a zone and losing his set because someone looted?

Also, dragon orb'd, nobash shamans shouldn't ever die...ever.

octan

« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2017, 11:15:07 AM »
Lets clear some things up.

CORE ambushed RISE first last wipe.
CORE was given 2 weeks of peace, and got smashed 1 hour after the time was up.
CORE was given 2 weeks of peace, again FORCED ON US BY DANIEL.  Ennis was caught in sleet tampering zone items and DANIEL gave us the green light to smash CORE again.
CORE was to clueless to go spam void beast, get 3 nightmare mages and fight back.

If you look at the track record of the last 3 wipes of RISE, we were pretty sensible about who we targeted in pk.
All the leftover wilds who still chose to play after the Hoss cheating era ended were left untouched.
Myth,  Locki killed Mythlings more then we ever could.
the Danes never got targetted until this wipe and Taj knows why.
Brog, those guys never left 4 rooms out of Balifor.

If you were forced to lie to friends about playing arctic, are they really you're friends?

We love to hunt forum heroes.  You know who you are, but you wont have to worry about that anymore since its care bear mud now.

RUSH day log last wipe, poor me had a mexican sounding name. In balifor underground.  Notice Galaxy smiles and waves then leaves.  And yet he was the one who died for it in the end! HAHAHAHA! Good times!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
200H 42V 249083X 40.00% 157C [Me:V.Good] [Zarya:V.Good] [a guardian acolyte:Fair] Exits:EW>
Zarya misses a guardian acolyte with her crush.
Zarya misses a guardian acolyte with her cleave.
Irrumabo pierces a guardian acolyte hard.
You miss a guardian acolyte with your cleave.
You barely whip a guardian acolyte.
Galaxy bludgeons a guardian acolyte hard.
Nibs misses a guardian acolyte with his slash.
Nibs misses a guardian acolyte with his pierce.
A guardian acolyte barely hits Zarya.
Irrumabo unsuccessfully tries to save Zarya.

200H 42V 249039X 40.00% 157C [Me:V.Good] [Zarya:V.Good] [a guardian acolyte:V.Bad] Exits:EW>
Kels flies in from the west.
Beegum flies in from the west.
Wah flies in from the west.
Gibbs flies in from the west.
Ebuyst flies in from the west.
Bada flies in from the west.

200H 42V 249039X 40.00% 157C [Me:V.Good] [Zarya:V.Good] [a guardian acolyte:V.Bad] Exits:EW>
Galaxy tells your group 'lift bed when back noob'

Zarya crushes a guardian acolyte hard.
Zarya cleaves a guardian acolyte.
Irrumabo pierces a guardian acolyte.
You bruise a guardian acolyte with your cleave.
You miss a guardian acolyte with your whip.
Galaxy bludgeons a guardian acolyte hard.
Nibs misses a guardian acolyte with his slash.
Nibs barely pierces a guardian acolyte.
A guardian acolyte is stunned, but will likely regain consciousness again.
Beegum puts away her tablets with a content look on her face.
Daqqle closes her prayerbook with a content look on her face.
A guardian acolyte focuses harshly on you and utters some strange words.
A guardian acolyte misses you with his hit.

215H 67V 249013X 40.00% 157C [Me:Perfect] [a guardian acolyte:Awful] Exits:EW>
Zarya comes to your rescue! You're thankful, but a bit dazed.

215H 67V 249013X 40.00% 157C Exits:EW>
You attempt to assist Irrumabo.

215H 67V 248996X 40.00% 157C [Me:Perfect] [Zarya:Perfect] [a guardian acolyte:Awful] Exits:EW>
You bruise a guardian acolyte with your whip.
A guardian acolyte misses Zarya with his hit.
Zarya crushes a guardian acolyte.
A guardian acolyte is mortally wounded, and will die soon, if not aided.
Zarya cleaves a guardian acolyte extremely hard.
You receive 3631 experience.
A guardian acolyte is dead! R.I.P.
The death cry of a guardian acolyte echoes from somewhere nearby...

215H 67V 245340X 40.00% 157C Exits:EW>
Wah gets a pile of coins from the corpse of a guardian acolyte.

Galaxy smiles warmly.

Bada misses you with his bludgeon.

215H 67V 245340X 40.00% 157C [Me:Perfect] [Bada:Perfect] Exits:EW>
Galaxy waves happily.

Nibs misses Bada with his slash.

215H 67V 245340X 40.00% 157C [Me:Perfect] [Bada:Perfect] Exits:EW> The corpse doesn't seem to have what you are looking for.

Wah barely slashes YOU.

209H 67V 245340X 40.00% 157C [Me:V.Good] [Bada:Perfect] Exits:EW>
Galaxy leaves east.

209H 67V 245340X 40.00% 157C [Me:V.Good] [Bada:Perfect] Exits:EW> You are already standing.

209H 67V 245340X 40.00% 157C [Me:V.Good] [Bada:Perfect] Exits:EW> Wah barely slashes YOU.
Nibs bruises Bada with his slash.
Nibs misses Bada with his pierce.
Bada misses you with his bludgeon.
You bruise Bada with your cleave.
You bruise Bada with your whip.
You feel enlightened.
The corpse doesn't seem to have what you are looking for.

203H 67V 245340X 40.00% 157C [Me:V.Good] [Bada:V.Good] Exits:EW> It's a pretty ghastly sight! Searching through the remains, you find:
corpse (here) :

203H 67V 245340X 40.00% 157C [Me:V.Good] [Bada:V.Good] Exits:EW> Before a Gate
    Standing at this end of the tunnel is a gateway that has been smoothly
carved out of the surrounding rock. A small guard post has also been set up
here to keep out unwanted visitors who happen to stumble across the tunnel,
though security seems a bit lax. White-blue light given off by a curious
luminescent moss keeps the tunnel fairly lit, though the ever present taste
of damp air is especially choking here. Moisture gathered on the dirty
floor has lain way to dozens of muddy puddles, making the floor quite
slippery and navigation a filthy endeavor.
The corpse of a guardian acolyte is lying here.
The corpse of a dragonarmy sentry is lying here.
Bada the Male Kender is standing here, fighting YOU. (aggressor) (flying)
Ebuyst the Male Qualinesti is standing here. (flying)
Gibbs the Male Kagonesti is standing here. (flying)
Wah the Male Kagonesti is standing here, fighting YOU. (aggressor) (flying)
Beegum the Female Hill Dwarf is standing here. (flying)
Kels the Female Gnome is standing here. (flying)
Nibs the Male Kagonesti is standing here, fighting Bada. (aggressor) (flying)

203H 67V 245340X 40.00% 157C [Me:V.Good] [Bada:V.Good] Exits:EW>
Galaxy arrives from the east.

203H 67V 245340X 40.00% 157C [Me:V.Good] [Bada:V.Good] Exits:EW>
Kels focuses harshly on you and utters some strange words.
Kels grabs you.  You scream as you feel your life-force being torn away.

174H 67V 245340X 40.00% 157C [Me:Good] [Bada:V.Good] Exits:EW>
Galaxy barely bludgeons Bada.

174H 67V 245340X 40.00% 157C [Me:Good] [Bada:V.Good] Exits:EW>
Gibbs bludgeons YOU.

165H 67V 245340X 40.00% 157C [Me:Good] [Bada:V.Good] Exits:EW>
Zarya comes to your aid, but fails miserably.

165H 67V 245340X 40.00% 157C [Me:Good] [Bada:V.Good] Exits:EW>
Ebuyst bludgeons YOU.

157H 67V 245340X 40.00% 157C [Me:Fair] [Bada:V.Good] Exits:EW>
You flee head over heels.
The End of a Hall
    Open doorways lead north and south from here, and a dark wood paneled
hallway runs straight to the east. Taking up a majority of the western wall
is a gate of light brown stone, set into a smooth archway that stands as
tall as the ceiling. Directly south looks to be an office of sorts, north
the entry to another section of the building, and far down the hall to the
east is a wooden door. From here you can travel in any direction, though
the safest path is anyone's guess.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2017, 11:17:25 AM »
Out of curiosity do you know who looted? Were they still online with gear after?

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2017, 11:28:06 AM »

Sorry to hear about the loss of another player...but how does and immortal "implementing these shitty ideas" have to do with said shaman dying in a zone and losing his set because someone looted?

Also, dragon orb'd, nobash shamans shouldn't ever die...ever.

K well he did die, if someone looted your corpse you would locate who had your shit and pk them until you got it back. There are no repercussions(look up the definition of repercussion if you don't understand). But now people can just go spam locate corpse and loot people and there's nothing you can do about it. I'm confused and impressed that you don't understand this.

Removing pk was not well thought out at all and was done on a whim.

octan

« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2017, 11:29:50 AM »
Goody Bannon - Today at 12:56 AM
someone who was rented in deep mine for sure
but i honestly don't know how
i was in the lift going up
normstorm - Today at 12:56 AM
You made someone's day, lol
You made someone's day, lol
Goody Bannon - Today at 12:56 AM
gates were locked from the outside
lift made it to the top
corpse was fresh i was back in within 2 ticks
so someone couldn't have come up
Goody Bannon - Today at 12:57 AM
dwarf keep was eyed

2 tics and corpse still fresh! someone hit the Arctic MUD jackpot! :)

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2017, 11:44:57 AM »
So, even in a pk environment this person would have gotten away/rented and no one would know where the gear went. Sure eventually you would possibly find them if they used the gear but probably not today. I'm guessing the state of pk will be resolved soon and you can pk them for the gear if you find them. Sucks that it is in a state of flux just a few weeks into a new wipe.

oom

• Fodder
« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2017, 12:46:35 PM »
Meh, he didn't paste the part where I said it was entirely my fault and I'm just going to assume some scrub got the set of a lifetime and be happy with that.

I didn't even attempt to find out who looted it because there was no reason to, I don't even want to know tbh.

It's a little weird they looted it so fast but not that crazy really since it's a high traffic area at times and it's easy to miss a message on eye if you aren't paying attention.

And Nom, I died I think to a spec from a mob i fought in the previous zone that I didn't realize hadn't worn, but regardless, you if aren't dying with your elite set you need to try something harder(even if this was something I normally do naked).

I'll be back I always am, the sense of relief I feel to just not want to play for a couple weeks is real though.

kielmobile

« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2017, 01:21:21 PM »
Have you ever heard of an NBA player be penalized for scoring too many points?

No but I have heard of this one:

In 1984-85 the NBA instituted a salary cap in an attempt to level the playing field among all of the NBA's teams and ensure competitive balance for the League in the future.

i thought the "salary cap" comment was funny. many professional sports leagues (all?) use salary caps so you've got me so far with that analogy.... except that i'm pretty sure there have never been any instances (at least in the modern era) of a sports commissioner forming up a squad of hitmen with automatic weapons and tactical missiles to take out the previous year's championship starting lineup just because they had the best record in the league. WHY HASN'T ANYONE DONE THIS TO THE PATRIOTS YET. NOBODY LIKES THEM EXCEPT REED (Reed is a system healer within RISE, much like Brady is a system QB under the patriots system)

i'm not sure if you were trying to make fun of jack's comments with your "salary cap" joke or actually agreeing with him, but seriously this salary cap would be exactly what jack is talking about implementing. a really good way of making the game more competitive is by removing the gap or "capping" the advantage between the high-end gear/content + legendary benefits/grind with the stuff the mid level clan can reasonably do (MYTH or whatever clan locki decides to randomly dt or afk with important zone items until everyone in the group falls asleep).

so i guess your agreeing with jack and on RISE's side? the tricky part is the dynamic between what amount of time should be spent solving/prepping/fighting for the biggest fights and how advantageous should that gear be to a clan once they get it (making the content challenging and enticing while not making the items game-breaking)

Dagda

« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2017, 01:49:14 PM »
You could argue the Saints were a bunch of hit men with their headhunter bets :).

kielmobile

« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2017, 01:50:58 PM »
could also argue that a lot of saints got suspended, and in this case RISE are not playing the Saints' headhunters. guess that just goes to show you how out of touch with reality people are just to try to make a meme or smear other people.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 01:53:45 PM by kielmobile »

octan

« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2017, 07:12:27 PM »
Have you ever heard of an NBA player be penalized for scoring too many points?

No but I have heard of this one:

In 1984-85 the NBA instituted a salary cap in an attempt to level the playing field among all of the NBA's teams and ensure competitive balance for the League in the future.

Guess where the NBA is now?  The difference is the maximum salary back in 84-85 and the new max salary now.  You seriously think any team would have any chance against Golden State?  Now Durant signed for less than max, which is more substantial and probably more money than all of arctic players salaries for a year combined.  Just imagine that.  Salary caps are effective when the salary is appropriate. Right now I would say Arctic and the NBA are kind of in the same problem, too much dams and eq and too few people for Arctic, too much money for the NBA.  The group that gets the most eq at start and most time gets to hoard most of it the whole wipe if they keep playing.