Author Topic: Rising threat  (Read 21340 times)

Bryton

• Zoner
Re: Rising threat
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2017, 12:31:12 PM »
Honestly Legendary characters ruined this game. People know this but for some reason it's never brought up. Remove legendary characters, will cause pk and zoning to be rebalanced again.

kholos

« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2017, 01:25:02 PM »
I'm completely disconnected from the game these days, especially endgame, but I still think the best solution is:

• unlimited eq loads (with the current limit to be used as a rarity indicator that will affect load%)
  • limited equip loss on death, that would have diminishing returns for pk (so it would decrease or reach 0 for some time after being pkilled)
  • more opportunities to build up a character (special recipes or something, basically anything that people can work towards without competing with others)

Agreed. If you unlimit everything, its rewarding to all. This doesn't eliminate the desire to PK someone for their equipment, but it makes loosing your EQ less, as Terk said, hopeless.

Toggle options:
Could have relocate and summon options like mass teleport. These should be displayed perhaps on who list.

In short, there isn't an easy fix to PK. But there could be a fix to how people feel about it, particularly those on the losing end.

Attai

« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2017, 02:54:22 PM »
I'm completely disconnected from the game these days, especially endgame, but I still think the best solution is:

• unlimited eq loads (with the current limit to be used as a rarity indicator that will affect load%)
  • limited equip loss on death, that would have diminishing returns for pk (so it would decrease or reach 0 for some time after being pkilled)
  • more opportunities to build up a character (special recipes or something, basically anything that people can work towards without competing with others)

Agreed. If you unlimit everything, its rewarding to all. This doesn't eliminate the desire to PK someone for their equipment, but it makes loosing your EQ less, as Terk said, hopeless.

Toggle options:
Could have relocate and summon options like mass teleport. These should be displayed perhaps on who list.

In short, there isn't an easy fix to PK. But there could be a fix to how people feel about it, particularly those on the losing end.

There isn't a legislative way to fix pk it has to be self regulated by the clans, they need to use self control and understand the impact/lasting damage their actions will have on the game currently and in the future.

- Unlim items: I agree with raising the floor and not raising the ceiling
I would make all items (except Huma's and dragon orbs) unlim on %
I would make some unlim +dams with decent load rates in the hand/foot/body/wrist areas
I would sell 2d6 offhands and 2d8 primes for 500 coins and 2d7 offhands and 2d9 primes for 1000 coins (magic noenchant of course)
Make the game easier to reequip if you lose it all

I'm also a proponent of allowing multi'ing (not botting) up to maybe 2 chars

Any change you make to make the game harder isn't going to hurt the most experienced its only going to hurt the mid level players/clans.  If you make Cyan 4 man room the elite clans will find a way to beat it with 4.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 03:16:05 PM by Attai »

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2017, 03:07:06 PM »
Agree with everything Attai said.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2017, 03:30:10 PM »
I also agree!

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2017, 03:56:24 PM »
Stop with the unlimited gear talk.  Go learn some zones.  I freely give out walk throughs of about 95% of the zones in this game.  Stop using "no-eq is loading" as an excuse for your poor play.

Terk - I think you should move forward with your idea.  PM me and put together a list of people to be included.  It's a good thing to get going sooner rather than later to bring back former players and keep current addicts addicted.

Ilya - The only reply i have to your post is what mage isn't a trash mage anymore?  They can't get into any groups with 8 mans.  They do NOTHING other than locate and participate in "trash" PK.  Mages used to be the shit on this game.  Now they are utter fodder.  I know you're boys with daniel - get him to change it back to 10 man.  Would be one of the best moves for this game to free up slots for the worthless classes that don't ever get into groups.

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2017, 04:03:44 PM »
Lol @ Attai. Scorched earth is killing one liar's bot squad and not returning EQ... Killing Jorake over a vendetta and returning all gear except an item we dtd... or me getting drunk and one stabbing a lol 20 mage leaving their eq and giving them 10x the coins they had on their corpse?

Y'all are delusional.

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Pax
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2017, 04:25:33 PM »
I'm not a fan of unlimited EQ. A slight rise in the load rates and a slight rise in limit rates for upper mid-range items would be great. But there must be lots and lots of unique items to allow players to customize the set and have something they can enjoy and fight over.

Ffxii (awesome game) has the same skill and eq options for every character. By the end of the game, my chars we're just clones of each other with basically the same skill set and eq and could be swapped out. All of a sudden, my chars all became the same...and boring.

I still remember my favorite character on my favorite wipe in Arctic. My favorite because of the set I was able to collect. A set I've not been able to duplicate in four wipes. The EQ makes all the difference on Arctic. Please don't make the good stuff so common we all become clones.

Attai

« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2017, 05:16:05 PM »
Stop with the unlimited gear talk.  Go learn some zones.  I freely give out walk throughs of about 95% of the zones in this game.  Stop using "no-eq is loading" as an excuse for your poor play.

Terk - I think you should move forward with your idea.  PM me and put together a list of people to be included.  It's a good thing to get going sooner rather than later to bring back former players and keep current addicts addicted.

Terk - I really like your idea and hope it can be implemented, I think if done right it is a great way to keep the players invested in improving the game themselves instead of relying on imm's to change everything.

reed - Unlim gear is not a bad idea, noone is saying everyone should be issued a chaos bag with 20 dams and a mithril rapier as soon as they log on.  What I want to see is the floor to be raised with an emphasis on being able to gear up with decent items without diminishing the appeal of having the elite items.  As someone who mainly plays warriors I would like to see is foot/wrist +dams to be as available as +hand +dams or similar.  I'm just using that as an example.

eddie - I haven't really played this wipe, or really any of the last couple either, I'm just trying to come back to play so I haven't seen/experienced any pk this wipe.  My comments were based on Jorquin's reaction and my previous experiences in large clans that were at the top of the food chain and how they treated everyone else.

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2017, 07:15:47 PM »
My post was simply about making arctic more competitive in regards to pk. Again you people try to put the responsibility of making arctic fair and competitive on me but thats not my job as a clan leader, all I can do is make suggestions. My job as a clan leader is to lead zones, lead pk, get the best possible gear/spells for my clanmates, and win wars. Have you ever heard of an NBA player be penalized for scoring too many points? Of course not, that is absurd, as is blaming Rise for anything... if you think we are assholes then you should be able to kill us... thats how the game is supposed to work. Its the immortals jobs to structure the game so you can kill us.

If your job was simply to lead zones, promote a strong clan and to win wars, then you would be the clan in the game and everything which was done following your getting jumped by GOD clan would be wrong. However that isn't nearly the case.

Your clan ceaselessly trammels the ability of other clans and neutrals to enjoy this game by dictating what every can and cannot have, whom they can group with and what zones can be done. You do it because you there is no one to stop you and you as the leader have no ability or desire to moderate the actions of your bloodthirsty members.

Ceasefires simply do not work. The idea that PK should be structured by time/date, by arena or by some other formal or consensual method is the result of your actions as a clan.  Subsequently that decision has CORRECTLY been taken out of your hands. Three wipes of this nonsense is enough.

If you want change, make the aforementioned a reality and show the Overlords that you know how to play by the rules and either promote the growth of the overall game or at least do nothing to stunt it. Furthermore, leave neutrals alone. Poofing every day untagged character and declaring them an enemy because they've concealed their gear is the actions of bullies. Neutrals fill slots in the groups of smaller clans, they even fill slots in the larger clans when we don't have the right people online.

Rhys

« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2017, 07:45:22 PM »
-1 or -2 random stats for every PK. Lasts for a designated albeit reasonable amount of time. Not applicable to accidental grouped PK.

Now there is no incentive to pk for anything not great. If you get PKed at least you know the PKer is effected negatively.

Problem solved except for those who would intentially break the system by griefing or going out of their way to put themselves in harms way.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2017, 08:35:08 PM »
-1 or -2 random stats for every PK. Lasts for a designated albeit reasonable amount of time. Not applicable to accidental grouped PK.

Now there is no incentive to pk for anything not great. If you get PKed at least you know the PKer is effected negatively.

Problem solved except for those who would intentially break the system by griefing or going out of their way to put themselves in harms way.

My post was simply about making arctic more competitive in regards to pk. Again you people try to put the responsibility of making arctic fair and competitive on me but thats not my job as a clan leader, all I can do is make suggestions. My job as a clan leader is to lead zones, lead pk, get the best possible gear/spells for my clanmates, and win wars. Have you ever heard of an NBA player be penalized for scoring too many points? Of course not, that is absurd, as is blaming Rise for anything... if you think we are assholes then you should be able to kill us... thats how the game is supposed to work. Its the immortals jobs to structure the game so you can kill us.

If your job was simply to lead zones, promote a strong clan and to win wars, then you would be the clan in the game and everything which was done following your getting jumped by GOD clan would be wrong. However that isn't nearly the case.

Your clan ceaselessly trammels the ability of other clans and neutrals to enjoy this game by dictating what every can and cannot have, whom they can group with and what zones can be done. You do it because you there is no one to stop you and you as the leader have no ability or desire to moderate the actions of your bloodthirsty members.

Ceasefires simply do not work. The idea that PK should be structured by time/date, by arena or by some other formal or consensual method is the result of your actions as a clan.  Subsequently that decision has CORRECTLY been taken out of your hands. Three wipes of this nonsense is enough.

If you want change, make the aforementioned a reality and show the Overlords that you know how to play by the rules and either promote the growth of the overall game or at least do nothing to stunt it. Furthermore, leave neutrals alone. Poofing every day untagged character and declaring them an enemy because they've concealed their gear is the actions of bullies. Neutrals fill slots in the groups of smaller clans, they even fill slots in the larger clans when we don't have the right people online.

Bro... again you are being way too dramatic. Rise killed basicaly two real people this wipe... eddie dueled jorake and we killed Taj's bot squad... and as for our clan 'trammiling the ability of other clans... read previous posts... in h1z1 or call if duty or any other game i csn think of the best players arent ever ridiculed or punished for their success... its only this game because people are too dumb to realize this game is currently structured so that there can only be about 8-10 elite sets of gear and its 100% gear based now. And when Rise or the top clan gets that gear, no other clan can compete...arctic is 100% a grindfest now... low % loads = grind to get sets, stupid xp/skill/ rank requirements to get legend = grind. Rise figured out how to grind the best so we get most of everything in the game... remove the grind, remove one of our advantages.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 08:43:15 PM by Kir »

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2017, 09:27:13 PM »
This wipe. The past isn't singular and perhaps you should note all the other clannies pointing out RISE has been jacking stuff up for several wipes now.

xellos

• Zoner
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2017, 09:37:32 PM »
Lets clear some things up.

CORE ambushed RISE first last wipe.
CORE was given 2 weeks of peace, and got smashed 1 hour after the time was up.
CORE was given 2 weeks of peace, again FORCED ON US BY DANIEL.  Ennis was caught in sleet tampering zone items and DANIEL gave us the green light to smash CORE again.
CORE was to clueless to go spam void beast, get 3 nightmare mages and fight back.

If you look at the track record of the last 3 wipes of RISE, we were pretty sensible about who we targeted in pk.
All the leftover wilds who still chose to play after the Hoss cheating era ended were left untouched.
Myth,  Locki killed Mythlings more then we ever could.
the Danes never got targetted until this wipe and Taj knows why.
Brog, those guys never left 4 rooms out of Balifor.

If you were forced to lie to friends about playing arctic, are they really you're friends?

We love to hunt forum heroes.  You know who you are, but you wont have to worry about that anymore since its care bear mud now.

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2017, 11:49:25 PM »
Was going to respond but honestly not going to bother. There is no point in trying to talk reason with you.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 11:57:32 PM by Willoe »