Author Topic: PALADIN LEGENDARY SKILL : SLAM  (Read 3837 times)

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Storms Keep
PALADIN LEGENDARY SKILL : SLAM
« on: June 13, 2017, 11:34:36 PM »

September 5th, 2016 -- Slam, Onyx will be proud

Slam (the legendary paladin skill) was reworked quite a bit. When someone
gets legendary and starts to use it please let us know how it is going. It
should be a lot better and easier to land.

Last wipe slam was changed to make it easier to land. But even so... it doesn't land as often as a superb skill should.
Also, before when slam landed it would 100% dislodge an offhand or shield. However after the change although it lands like 40% of the time...the chances of it dislodging has been greatly reduced.
So all in all...it is same...or even worse than before.
It is a legendary skill... but unlike adrenaline rush, bladecurse, assault, revivication etc. slam is not used by any Paladin as it is much more useful to strike or avenge or even cast mental haze on that turn instead of wasting it on a missed slam. Furthermore, slam doesn't even work on many mobs and players (warriors aren't affected by slam).

It would be awesome if paladins could get a skill that is more suitable to be called a legendary skill... or if slam could be buffed up.

Just my thought...and something all paladins are thinking as well...im sure

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
Re: PALADIN LEGENDARY SKILL : SLAM
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 04:51:40 PM »
Yeah, legendary paladins are super weak..
Buff please.

Master Mike

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 05:06:53 PM »
Paladins are literally the worst unplayable class in the game. while sure you can put a buncha gear on it and the garbage class will be able to tank 1 mob very nicely you will still suck at everything else.. and god forbid your righteous will fades and you didn't notice in time. spend hours trying to get it back to just be a shitty paladin again.

I think the best upgrade you can do for paladins is if you can be a warrior if you loose your alignment so you don't feel like you wasted so much time playing a paladin when you could have been useful.

or comepletly get rid of paladin class and make a quest for goodie warriors to get the skill guard and lay. and call them paladins..
maybe they can get some decent spells like hold person and such :) :)

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 08:14:22 PM »
Paladin is still a very nice class. I prefer paladin tank vs barb for pretty much everything. IF that paladin is a good rescuer. Steelskin, shield block, the stackable advantage of shield block. Paladins at legend with 2 weapons can do some decent damage. Legend rally is awesome. They have great saves. Freedom is an amazing. They also mass rescue one person from up to like 4-5mobs? or something. That's super helpful.

If  you put legend strike back to where it used to be. That would be awesome. They just lack the damage side. And they lack a good legend skill. I had a legend paladin last wipe and I didn't even bother learning that stupid ass slam skill.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 08:20:42 PM »
I think paladins are still the best main tank in the game.  I find that with barbs you are so busy rescuing and breaching that you never have time to dance and when you do finally get a dance up, it gets ruined because the fight ends.  But with a paladin, the shield block is always up.

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Storms Keep
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 10:29:05 PM »
i for one love paladins
but slam sux !!!!!!!!!
pls dont misdirect this thread!! im trying to make a point here

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 05:29:58 AM »
Right. So fix slam and up legend strike damage

kanu

• Fodder
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 07:01:54 AM »
I think paladins are still the best main tank in the game.  I find that with barbs you are so busy rescuing and breaching that you never have time to dance and when you do finally get a dance up, it gets ruined because the fight ends.  But with a paladin, the shield block is always up.

I think it depends on the fight. We once did Cyan with an immune gas barbarian main tank and after clearing the slaads, we didn't need to heal the main tank anymore. I don't think that would be true with a paladin main tank.

David

Master Mike

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 11:43:58 AM »
Slam is useless. any idea of what it was intended to do?

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 05:08:14 AM »
No idea what slam was intended for, but paladins are not in a bad place at all.

Right now there are only really two classes that struggle. One is warriors, but this is because they are the most equipment dependent class which means with minimal amounts of equipment they're utter garbage,  however they have one of the highest power caps with top end equipment so it balances out. The second is barbarians as they really struggle to do anything other than main tank. Barbs are the one I might consider addressing in some manner at a later date, particularly in their non-tank related abilities.

The rest are fairly well placed... except for clerics which are totally OP. That said, they're also incredibly boring - so it seems like a fair trade off.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 08:46:22 AM »
No idea what slam was intended for, but paladins are not in a bad place at all.

Right now there are only really two classes that struggle. One is warriors, but this is because they are the most equipment dependent class which means with minimal amounts of equipment they're utter garbage,  however they have one of the highest power caps with top end equipment so it balances out. The second is barbarians as they really struggle to do anything other than main tank. Barbs are the one I might consider addressing in some manner at a later date, particularly in their non-tank related abilities.

The rest are fairly well placed... except for clerics which are totally OP. That said, they're also incredibly boring - so it seems like a fair trade off.
Imo dps barbarians could be fixes by giving them target. As it stands in big fights with multiple mobs if they get area engaged on the wrong mob it is a pain and in some cases of fights with respawning mobs it makes barbs obsolete. Adding target while dancing would fix all that!

kmark101

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2017, 10:26:31 AM »
Also if you would finally remove broken shitty scouts, then barbarians would finally have a dps role as wardancing assisters.
Scouts could be replaced with rangers again with medicore bash, bows, couple instincts, blur, etc..

oom

• Zoner
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2017, 01:21:42 PM »
Also if you would finally remove broken shitty scouts, then barbarians would finally have a dps role as wardancing assisters.
Scouts could be replaced with rangers again with medicore bash, bows, couple instincts, blur, etc..

I don't think scouts being around have anything to do with barbarians usefulness.

Kholos

• Overseer
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Tarsis Treehouse
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2017, 12:36:27 AM »
My paladin this wipe quadruple oblitted with extra attack and legendary strike. I could tank very well and assist as a damage dealer. Legendary rally is insane. Righteous will wearing off must be a joke. Even if you happen to afk for 2hours and then try to kill Izmerelda, at legendary you likely won't lose faith. If so, just pop up holy quest and kill red dragon or statue of tahkisis for instant faith >1000. The only thing that sucks about paladins is slam. The damage is great, the spec is great, it never lands. Aside from you whiffing 9.5 times out of 10, numerous mobs are immune_disarm which makes the skill fail. Otherwise, paladins can solo fairly well, and are valuable groupmates in any zone.

Barbarians really aren't bad as supplemental characters. Into the breach removed the auto rescue from wardance, and assail does great damage. I've had a non-tank legendary barbarian before who tripple oblitted(not impressive by todays standards), and was fun to play. The problem is that people think if a barbarian is in a group he should be tanking (even though a paladin and DK can often tank better).

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 07:32:42 AM »
Righteous will is not righteous indignation