Author Topic: Any news on druids prior to pwipe?  (Read 10794 times)

Bryton

• Zoner
Re: Any news on druids prior to pwipe?
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2017, 11:26:56 AM »
Well I won't be playing a garbage Druid this wipe until 10 mans are back. Or other classes are brought down to the trash level of Druids. I mean a punch bash does 2x-3x the damage my firestorm, cone of cold, and flameshroud does. So whoever rushes a Druid you're welcome. You will have no competition getting those shitty essences. ✌️

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2017, 05:37:34 PM »
I agree that nerfing shamans because druids suck is not what anybody would want. People enjoy playing shamans, lets keep it that way. People do not enjoy playing druids,  which is the purpose of this thread. And Jorquin I am sorry but I have to disagree, healing cloud was never OP except when it was usable in nomagic (which made druids elite). The double cloud was still inferior healing to other classes... we have people in Rise who have crunched the numbers and if you want us to message you in private that is easily doable but the numbers aren't even close. Healing cloud was nice because in mid zones the healers could take a break but in end game fights it was still only worth taking a druid because of primal fury. Primal fury is now broke and healing cloud is broken. Explain to me why with 8 man groups anybody would take a druid to cyan? Blazewight? its a waste of a spot. Druid doesn't do enough damage to replace an scout\paladin\warrior and they don't do enough healing to replace a cleric\shaman... they can't main tank so..... Yes utility is nice... but who wants to spend the time it takes to LEGEND a class to be for utility and not be able to go to any high end fights... that sounds simply horrible

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2017, 10:06:25 PM »
I do agree that given the way Blaze/Cyan are set up that the only real reason to bring a druid is for reclaim/winds...That being said they are kind of like a jack of all trades, they have decent damage, decent healing, and decent utility...They aren't meant to replace a primary healer/damage. If healing was to be increased I would argue that the other areas would probably need a nerf.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2017, 06:57:32 AM »
One thing I really thing should be addressed and this is just me is the type of gear that's shamanable. 

I've had a few legendary shamans in the past. The one thing I liked to do on my shamans is load up a vicious mithril axe, put a thief spirit in it and run around with 8-10 leather damage items. With damage so easily worn on a shaman(almost all thief items, wrists, rings, waist ect) and the ability to be wielding a two handed weapon, it just gets ridiculous. 10 damage on top having the ability to frenzy and 2x hit, on top of spells that buff your melee on top of having 5 spirits on TOP of having regen and healing wave. It's bapting outrageous what a shaman can do.   Now I know many people play their shamans differently, valuing +slot and +healing done gear but the real focus on shamans should be what direction you want them to go in. Do you want them to be pretty much a melee druid with mediocre heals or just a regen/heal/spirit bot. Right now they can just do way too much.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 11:21:08 AM by Kadaj »

kmark101

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2017, 10:20:16 AM »
One thing I really thing should be addressed and this is just me is the type of gear that's shamanable. 

I've had a few legendary shamans in the passed. The one thing I liked to do on my shamans is load up a vicious mithril axe, put a thief spirit in it and run around with 8-10 leather damage items. With damage so easily worn on a shaman(almost all thief items, wrists, rings, waist ect) and the ability to be wielding a two handed weapon, it just gets ridiculous. 10 damage on top having the ability to frenzy and 2x hit, on top of spells that buff your melee on top of having 5 spirits on TOP of having regen and healing wave. It's bapting outrageous what a shaman can do.   Now I know many people play their shamans differently, valuing +slot and +healing done gear but the real focus on shamans should be what direction you want them to go in. Do you want them to be pretty much a melee druid with mediocre heals or just a regen/heal/spirit bot. Right now they can just do way too much.

Frenzy 2x hit is very retarded, it should be removed asap, then shamans would be fine.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2017, 10:30:04 AM »
I'd like to see the numbers by your mathemagicians

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2017, 11:17:06 AM »
How many people are playing druids? Are they a 🦄?

Oligo

• Immortal
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dunmir
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2017, 01:27:46 AM »
Druids need a slight HP bump for survivability, maybe a modest +5~8%.
Of all the classes, they tend to rack up the most deaths in my experience - moreso than mages, and even with barksin, stoneskin, iceskin, and enlarge defense buffs.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 01:40:37 AM by Oligo »

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2017, 08:15:17 AM »
You have to cast the spells for them to work Oligo.. druids are best for surviving !

Druids already over powered haha

Oligo

• Immortal
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dunmir
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2017, 12:17:01 PM »
You have to cast the spells

If you're having to cast spells on a druid, you're playin them wrong