Author Topic: Any news on druids prior to pwipe?  (Read 10770 times)

Kir

• Zoner
Re: Any news on druids prior to pwipe?
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2017, 12:25:46 PM »
So you double the healing done by healing cloud to 600 a round with legend and its a smart heal that goes for 5 to 6 rounds. that's 3600 healing done.  I'm a mathimagician!

No, the 300 figure was when there was a double cloud. Single cloud is only healing for 120-140 ish...  my above post was to point out that the double cloud was NEVER overpowered. Single healing cloud is a complete and absolute joke and so are druids. Double cloud and primal fury with legend entangle made them worth playing. Single cloud, broken primal fury and worthless entangle = worthless druid. Stoneskin is nice but any mob that stoneskin would be useful for is immune_stoneskin ala cyan, gargantuan, (probably blazewight)

There is simply no excuse for druids to be as shitty as they are and no reason to bring them in a group other than wagg and winds which could easily be replaced by march, scout refresh, or mass teleport from a shitty worthless red robe (but as shitty as mages are they can still out dps a druid)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 12:28:17 PM by Kir »

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2017, 05:57:36 AM »
Druids can have nice pets.. Who cares if you are going out to farm for stones? It takes like 30mins to go round up about 10 decent stones.

I wouldn't buff the conjure elemental spell with other elemental pets.

Druids call bears and wolves and things to help them out. I would make them have a similar pet system like mages.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2017, 11:56:42 AM »
I guess I didn't know that. I've only played one legendary druid and it was at the end of the wipe so I had onyx and a dragon orb, that was pretty stupid. But I'd much rather see shaman healing wave get nerfed rather than the druid buffed.  Like someone else said, healers should be #1. Very few people play clerics because they just aren't needed for most stuff. Like I said I hope they can fix druids and make them great again. I hope everyone has fun rushing! Good luck everyone.

oom

• Zoner
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2017, 09:52:59 PM »
For those interested a further review of logs by the clan historian has concluded healing waved averaged only 100hp or so.

Kholos

• Greater God
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Tarsis Treehouse
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2017, 10:29:11 PM »
I read almost nothing on this thread. But I've said before and I will say it again that the key to fixing Druids is just to remove the environmental restrictions on them.

Spells that don't always work:
Earthquake
Call lightning
Entangle
Lightning Storm
Feast
Tornado

I'm sure theres more, but imagine if you could always drop a tornado. Huge increase in Druid capacity from 1 spell being slightly tweaked.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2017, 11:10:15 AM »
Make casting constant winds a requirement for tornado maybe.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2017, 05:44:47 AM »
I've been very hesitant to weigh in on this discussion. I've made no commitment to modifying druids other than changing the damage on lightning storm. Our silence has lead to a long conversation discussing various things that will not happen. I will make some things clear though...

• Healing cloud will never go back to hitting two targets. This spell was utterly broken. Stop crying about it and move on with your lives. Balance will be addressed in other areas.
  • Single target frags - Druids actually do okay in this area. Granted a lot of them are garbage (thorn spray is too good, mid level are bad), but granite hand is the best single target frag of all... just saying. Maybe I'd think about buffing cone of cold to give them a little love? Not sure.
  • Area - If i can get hold of a coder I would like to add an ice storm legendary rank to make it focus. We may not be able to though, they can be scarce.
  • Stone skin - Ignore stoneskin is aids. It became a thing recently, it shouldn't be a thing. I agree with some other posts that there should be probably 6-10 mobs that ignore. I will remove a lot of IGNORE_STONESKIN flags during the downtime.

Reality check - Druids are one of the best classes in the game. The bottom line is that they are the jack of all trades and master of none. They mass refresh, winds, summon, single target frag, cure critical, healing cloud, have paralyze, area damage, area damage negation, a weak area disable, resist elements, area group damage buff, and stoneskin. Druids are good at a lot of things. If you want to be awesome at a few specific things, then maybe you should PICK SOMETHING ELSE
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 05:52:12 AM by Jorquin »

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2017, 07:16:55 AM »
  • Area - If i can get hold of a coder I would like to add an ice storm legendary rank to make it focus. We may not be able to though, they can be scarce.

What language is arctic coded in?  I'm fairly familiar with java, c#, ruby, groovy, and javascript

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2017, 08:21:36 AM »
I will make some things clear though...

Clear skies.

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2017, 08:26:37 PM »
I've been very hesitant to weigh in on this discussion. I've made no commitment to modifying druids other than changing the damage on lightning storm. Our silence has lead to a long conversation discussing various things that will not happen. I will make some things clear though...

• Healing cloud will never go back to hitting two targets. This spell was utterly broken. Stop crying about it and move on with your lives. Balance will be addressed in other areas.
  • Single target frags - Druids actually do okay in this area. Granted a lot of them are garbage (thorn spray is too good, mid level are bad), but granite hand is the best single target frag of all... just saying. Maybe I'd think about buffing cone of cold to give them a little love? Not sure.
  • Stone skin - Ignore stoneskin is aids. It became a thing recently, it shouldn't be a thing. I agree with some other posts that there should be probably 6-10 mobs that ignore. I will remove a lot of IGNORE_STONESKIN flags during the downtime.

Reality check - Druids are one of the best classes in the game. The bottom line is that they are the jack of all trades and master of none. They mass refresh, winds, summon, single target frag, cure critical, healing cloud, have paralyze, area damage, area damage negation, a weak area disable, resist elements, area group damage buff, and stoneskin. Druids are good at a lot of things. If you want to be awesome at a few specific things, then maybe you should PICK SOMETHING ELSE

The area dam is weak, having all your spells frag is annoying. But yes upgrading cone would be nice. I would mostly like to see Druid only eq. Not this shit that shamans and clerics can use. Unless you plan on making clerics and shamans less OP.

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2017, 10:25:26 PM »
Pretty sure he just pointed out how OP druid's already are. Don't need to make the favorite PK class of this clan any more broken.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2017, 06:32:28 AM »
Druids are absolutely not overpowered. They have a few strong points and weak points both, reclaim to escape stunfests, wagg, sub par curing until legend cloud, para for disabling, and resists.

Really what needs to be done is figure out if shaman are supposed to be primarily damage or cures, and then make them primarily one OR the other. Right now shaman out damage druids, AND heal on par with clerics.

If anything debuff the shaman from doing so much healing, make them on par with druids in that aspect, and buff druids damage a bit too, that will make healers more popular again maybe. And perhaps druids...

I dont know if other clans noticed this trend, but everyone i know and their mother has a shaman. I hands down helped over 15 shaman reach legend this wipe, and maybe like 2 clerics, 3 druids, mind you shaman spells are much easier to comeby

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2017, 07:26:41 AM »
Druids shouldn't be able to have high cures until legend. But how much did you solo heal with kriss?
Shamans for that matter have a rough time solo healing until legend. Leave everything else alone as far as healing. And just make druids damage go up.

oom

• Zoner
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2017, 09:22:43 AM »
Pretty sure he just pointed out how OP druid's already are. Don't need to make the favorite PK class of this clan any more broken.

Pretty sure the favorite PK class of RISE is +20 damage bashers.

oom

• Zoner
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2017, 09:51:32 AM »
Druids are absolutely not overpowered. They have a few strong points and weak points both, reclaim to escape stunfests, wagg, sub par curing until legend cloud, para for disabling, and resists.

Really what needs to be done is figure out if shaman are supposed to be primarily damage or cures, and then make them primarily one OR the other. Right now shaman out damage druids, AND heal on par with clerics.

If anything debuff the shaman from doing so much healing, make them on par with druids in that aspect, and buff druids damage a bit too, that will make healers more popular again maybe. And perhaps druids...

I dont know if other clans noticed this trend, but everyone i know and their mother has a shaman. I hands down helped over 15 shaman reach legend this wipe, and maybe like 2 clerics, 3 druids, mind you shaman spells are much easier to come by.

I'm sorry, this idea that druids suck because shamans are just so good is BS. Shaman do not heal on par with clerics. Shaman don't even do damage on par with clerics when you compare 5 spirits vs legend animate.

Honestly the reason you were seeing so many shaman is because once you are legend, it's hard to play the class poorly. If you have your spirits assist and cast regen when the tank hits good it's easy to look like you're a boss.