Author Topic: Whoa! Settle down Scooter  (Read 7965 times)

Kholos

• Overseer
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Tarsis Treehouse
Re: Whoa! Settle down Scooter
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 10:47:35 AM »
The way to solve the gear issue, is to make everything unlimited and % based. Easy.

Fixing druids is easy too. Remove environmental restrictions on their spells. Earthquake/elemental fist/entangle/call lightning etc all are too difficult to use.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:53:18 AM by kholos »

kanu

• Fodder
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 11:50:02 AM »
I've been on muds where all the gear is unlimited and % based. You spend all of your time repopping gear, because you have to do zones over and over and over again, and everyone eventually has exactly the same set.

xellos

• Zoner
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 09:38:14 PM »
i vote for 6 man groups, so i dont have spot in the rush group and not have to play 62 hours in the first 3 days, not like ilya will fight us anyway.

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 10:18:41 PM »
The fact that you have 62 hours of time to invest in the game during the first three days is amazing. You are correct, I will not be rushing or partaking in the early wipe festivities/and or fighting you. Enjoy the rush I'm sure it'll be good with the new changes.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 12:03:03 AM by Willoe »

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 11:58:43 AM »
We ALMOST made it an entire thread without hearing about druids needing buffs.  I hope everyone has a good wipe rush, I'm not quite sure what is wrong with Suf's page but perhaps an official forum thread where people can upload their pk logs could be added? I will not be participating in this wipe, but I sure would like to stop in from time to time and check out what's going on.

Kronos

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017, 05:48:28 PM »
Reading that the only other top clan left won't be around for rush really sucks. Our internal dialog is that we (RISE) will not play either. For real. It really sucks but I know that most of us won't play with no chance of any real PK competition.

I will never understand the appeal of the last few players in this game to avoid PK. You guys are just as elite as we are. Don't you want to test your skills against human players rather than code?

I have been around for 20+ years. When this game was the best...everyone was in PK. We had 4-5 TOP tier clans. We swapped gear every day. You want to just maintain sets and dominate fodder? Good luck...That mentality has destroyed this game and may end up pushing this game to its final end....LAST WIPE EVER? Sounds like it.

-Jon

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2017, 07:33:36 PM »
Comes down to time I have available to play the game and unfortunately I don't have enough to compete with you guys. Past experiences have shown that if I do play you guys wouldn't just let me be so what's the point. GG, you win. Contrary to your belief I do believe it's the win at all costs mentality that has driven many away from this game. I offered many times for arranging pk this last wipe to try and accommodate both sides but was turned away. It's not so much that we don't want to pk but more the fact that the way you war is to not allow a clan any zone time whatsoever...don't even start with the cease fires I lost count of how many times we were jumped during "peace". You reap what you sow.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 07:38:56 PM by Willoe »

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2017, 09:25:28 PM »
Stop it Ilya.  Stop.  The mud is yours, have fun!

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2017, 09:34:07 PM »
You guys are just as elite as we are. Don't you want to test your skills against human players rather than code?
-Jon

I think we all know that you could probably trash the rest of the mud combined.  You earned your place at the top fair and square. But we arent anywhere near as elite as you.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2017, 06:47:20 AM »
This goes back to play time.

I'll be with myth at start of wipe. I like pk. And I would be down for arranged pk too. With any clan. Rise plays the old school way of ambush, which is smart. Little risk and lots of reward. The problem with that is; ambushers are generally ambushing because they are behind. Guerrilla warfare style. You guys ambush even when you are miles ahead of everyone else. And while that's still smart on your part. It's way less fun for everyone else. I haven't had time or motivation to sit for hours to plan an ambush for years. Old tantalon traps#bsp! 

And I doubt any of you will not play at wipe lol. Some are just gonna be more low key.

kanu

• Fodder
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2017, 07:15:29 AM »
I'd happily participate in PK, if after a major loss we had a chance of coming back. Instead, engaging in PK with much fewer numbers than RISE means we can't even log on to repop gear, zone, etc... without immediately being drawn into combat. Constant combat is no fun.

So far every time since WILD dropped below 10 regulars that we've gotten into PK has resulted in us not being able to play for basically the rest of the wipe until RISE gets bored. Also, we have kids, wives, jobs, etc... that make it so we can't just switch our play time by a couple of hours to avoid RISE. This is why so few WILD play anymore.

So if RISE quits forever, maybe that will mean I'll get to see my friends from WILD again.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2017, 07:34:34 AM »
I think if people are worried about the RISE of old coming in hard at the pwipe they are in for a surprise. If we rush i cant imagine us having more than 12 people, and 12 is being optimistic unless people seriously come out of the woodwork. This would be the wipe to come back and play if you are anti-rise. Many including myself and evil tim have moved on to other games (h1z1) and would only rush/play for nolstagia purposes. The endless grind of eq decay/repop stopped being enjoyable long ago especially compared to nowadays when you can just log on game, grab a shotgun and splatter 5 noobs in 90 seconds. But i do root for arctic to be successful always. So play your hearts out and if you are that concerned about Rise you can pm reed and maybe broker some sort of deal for pre-emptive peace if he's feeling generous.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 07:39:04 AM by Kir »

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2017, 11:18:45 AM »
Reading that the only other top clan left won't be around for rush really sucks. Our internal dialog is that we (RISE) will not play either. For real. It really sucks but I know that most of us won't play with no chance of any real PK competition.

I will never understand the appeal of the last few players in this game to avoid PK. You guys are just as elite as we are. Don't you want to test your skills against human players rather than code?

I have been around for 20+ years. When this game was the best...everyone was in PK. We had 4-5 TOP tier clans. We swapped gear every day. You want to just maintain sets and dominate fodder? Good luck...That mentality has destroyed this game and may end up pushing this game to its final end....LAST WIPE EVER? Sounds like it.

-Jon

The last few players that still play this certainly don't play this game for the PK, otherwise there would be no one left on this game but RISE.  My wife absolutely hate Arctic, she doesn't get it and never will. If I do play, it's at work when I'm bored and all my school work is done. I don't play to get the best gear or the best spells, I play to have fun with the few friends that still play and go on fun little missions. This game just isn't what it was. I'm not blaming anyone for running people off the game, it's bapting old as shit. I'm surprised there's still people on here to be honest.  If I want nostalgia, I'll continue playing Project1999, that's a fun little treat. If anyone has played Everquest before and wants to relive the old days, join on up!

xellos

• Zoner
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2017, 03:24:51 PM »
people tend to forget CORE jumped RISE day 1, and successfully ambushed us early day 2.

Dyl

• Zoner
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2017, 04:05:06 PM »
Only 12 people?  Sounds rough.