Author Topic: Multiing/Botting  (Read 10107 times)

reed23

• Zone Leader
Multiing/Botting
« on: May 25, 2013, 11:52:49 AM »
With the mud in its mid-wipe 20 player average, why not allow each player to play 2 chars from each IP and just see how it goes?  The players voted yes last wipe on the forums, why not just see how it goes, nothing to lose???  It would make mid wipe a little more exciting until the big LUBE hook comes in to hook everyone next wipe.

Dyl

• Zoner
Re: Multiing/Botting
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 12:01:25 PM »
Why not stop being a dick and the other 20 might play?  Or you just want to play with youself?

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 12:14:06 PM »
^^^^ Lol, who is this douche?

Loretta

• Fodder
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 12:16:36 PM »
Hell no, we dont want to see those bapting wild cheaters in game anymore. If they want to play they should fight for they rights to play in this game or just suck a dick.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 12:59:58 PM »
should either allow bots or actually police bots

half the clans in this game botted the entire wipe and only two times to my knowledge were any of the bots deleted. I'd estimate there are probably between 25-35 ranked bots in this game (lets say 30), so 2/30 isn't very good.

I don't have a problem with bots really, I did not bot this wipe (or allow my clan to bot) just to challenge myself and enjoy pvp with wilds without having to worry about being deleted. However its more work than its worth and I won't be playing hardcore again unless botting is legalized or there is an actual policy put in place and enforced that makes the game as close to fair as possible.

I still think that the best policy I've heard so for recommended was to allow only 1 char per 1 ip and other than that, take a hands off approach. Mud will police itself etc. Its just annoying trying to play by the rules when others are not, and I really feel bad for people who do play by the rules and then get pked by a 10man finnbot army. Although the latter has not happened this wipe, it is definitely possible still.

Oh and yes, botting is more fun than playing by the rules. Sorry if you don't know this, but this is my opinion and it is shared by many others. It just sucks people who try to follow the rules don't get to have as much fun\equipment\ranks\skills\zoning as those who do not.

Davy

• Fodder
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 06:49:30 PM »
I have never had a bot but would probably have one if allowed.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 11:03:26 PM »
I have never had a bot but would probably have one if allowed.

I tried multiing on chaos day and had trouble 3manning some fights that were pretty easy with two real player. My guess is I would need a fairly advanced set of scripts to make multiing feasible.

xellos

• Zoner
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 04:54:20 PM »
please let me play both my legend mages at the same time. terrorize engaged.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 09:37:06 PM »
until you get rolled by someone playing two legendary bashers

Sabibi

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 12:57:36 AM »

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 06:08:38 AM »
yes you have been cheated.  i would email the immortals several times over

Sabibi

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 07:35:48 AM »
Yes, cheated. Every deed has own outcome. I know it.

And i think that is 2 weeks for cheating like me it's not adequate (im not uber-botter, i don't play high-end game, i don't use it against other players).
When characters was abyssed immortal (who punished me) keep self hidden, he do not asked me anything, don't give me any chance to explain. Strange... We all mature. And Arctic is nice hobby for all us (code for one, play for other and vise versa).

I write to Aristox and now wait for his decision.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:41:44 AM by Sabibi »

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 04:34:43 PM »
Yes, cheated. Every deed has own outcome. I know it.

And i think that is 2 weeks for cheating like me it's not adequate (im not uber-botter, i don't play high-end game, i don't use it against other players).
When characters was abyssed immortal (who punished me) keep self hidden, he do not asked me anything, don't give me any chance to explain. Strange... We all mature. And Arctic is nice hobby for all us (code for one, play for other and vise versa).

I write to Aristox and now wait for his decision.

Just stop playing for now

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 07:20:58 PM »
@Sabibi, I am sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with your cheating. I am disappointed with the immortal that dealt with your case, not with the punishment mind you, but with the fact that they did not go visible to you and explain why you were being punished. Do not expect the ruling on the field to be overturned, but you can expect that "someone" won't be performing any disciplinary actions from here on out.

Sabibi

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 11:46:54 PM »
Poor cheating experience will be indemnified with rich punishment experience.