Author Topic: What's in the works - preview of next wipe additions  (Read 7050 times)

kholos

Re: What's in the works - preview of next wipe additions
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2017, 01:17:32 AM »
David, just stop soloing a neutral warrior every wipe and you'll get there.

I really don't see a problem, at all. Yes, it's a grind, but not that much. Ranks were changed so now you can gain ranks at any level. Because of this, I don't really care how much xp it takes to get to 30. Make it 100million from 29-30.

Hoyt

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2017, 08:00:15 AM »
xp is irrelevant. Your goal is to get to rank 20 and have skills maxed by level 30 so you can legend, the xp table the way it is set up allows that if you put in the time. Being level 30 or 1xp doesn't mean anything in the game if your char is unskilled. Just my 2 cents what ever that is worth. Last wipe i legend 4 chars all neutrals first char took 5 days play time, all others took right at 3 days play time. (that was with out any type of bot skilling)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 08:05:10 AM by Hoyt »

Tajs

• Favorite Zone: Dun mir
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2017, 08:26:19 AM »
What's the latest in uptime and other changes? :)

Thanks to the imms for the work put in!!

Quid

• Favorite Zone: Mortigoth
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2018, 09:22:04 AM »
Can blindness be fixed for the next wipe please? As in not lasting 500 ticks/combat rounds.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2018, 06:24:48 PM »
Yes. Blindness should last at least 1000 tics!

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2018, 04:10:58 PM »
I would actually like to see the xp from level 30 to 1xp increase. It is currently 65 million. I think it should be at least 100 million, perhaps more. There are distinct advantages to being level 30 but NOT 1xp and I would appreciate having a little more buffer before the rank losses kick in!

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2018, 10:38:38 PM »
Make it 100M, then have bonuses for being 1x.  Keeps people having/wanting to XP.

el conquistador

• Fodder
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2018, 11:29:05 AM »
well xp gains seem to be cut in half as soon as you hit level 30.  so i guess that makes 65 million an effective 130 million.

if that makes you feel any better

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2018, 10:41:31 PM »
I have never noticed that. I can regularly average about 10 million an hour solo once I hit legend with a melee class, so 6-7 hours of game play to get to 1x doesn't seem like a huge deal. Are you certain there is an xp change at 30 or is this just an observation of your own practice?

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2018, 11:20:53 PM »
Likely referring to the group xp bonus cut at 30, which, should you primarily be a group player, might look like xp cutting in half. A solo xp'r would not notice such.

el conquistador

• Fodder
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2018, 04:32:54 AM »
its just something ive noticed on my last few characters.  ill be getting 80k xp while grinding some mobs and then as soon as i ding 30 its 40k for those same mobs the rest of the way.

i very rarely solo so it is almost definitely this group xp cut hoodoo is talking about.   

Kam

• Administrator
  • Zoner
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2018, 11:30:28 AM »
If 30 is the highest level that you can be, then the same is true for mobiles.
XP is calculated with a factor that involves the difference in your level vs the mob you've killed with a couple of caps at either end, of course.

When you hit level 30 there aren't any more mobs that are higher level than you and so the top end of xp is a little lower.

As far as increasing XP for 30->1X: I don't see the upside to increasing the buffer, it sounds to me like you just get to die more times and remain viable. You should try dying less?

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2018, 02:12:11 PM »
It is mostly to keep the legendary (and almost legendary) characters running zones for xp, not just for cash runs and the big loads.

As for not dying a lot...I gotta be true to me - and there are many deathtraps left in the game for me to explore!

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2018, 04:31:17 PM »
Isn't death fixed as a % of current level anyway? I.e. it doesn't matter if you have 30mil total level at 30 or 120mil total level at 30, you have 5 deaths from 1x to 29, not counting the "forgiveness" xp that lets you go below your current level minimum to level at the last death before you delevel?

Malaki

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2018, 01:40:43 PM »
I think he was talking about how once you hit 1x, upon death you lose rank % progress.  Which after the initial grind up to legend is quite substantial.