Author Topic: Reincarnation  (Read 2406 times)

jwhite

Re: Reincarnation
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2019, 11:35:54 AM »
i hope this makes it in.  it sounds fun to me.  although what gnua said about the mobs getting rebalanced does worry me a bit.  being able to get stronger is fun.  having to work much harder to get as strong as we were before the changes is not.

but if it does get implemented someone should maybe look at level 30 exp. 
i got this for killing a palanthas guard in a 4 man group - You receive 32089 experience.
then i soloed another guard - You receive 132386 experience.

the group exp is less than 25% of the solo and i would be maxing out with much less total exp.  right now no one cares since exp after level 30 doesnt really matter, but in the reincarnation system i feel like im going to want to solo from level 30 to 1x.  and that is not as fun.

Malthros

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2019, 08:46:49 PM »
@Adepali. Consider adding something like a player just needs to hit 1x and if they die but stay lvl 30 they can still reincarnate. That way someone who hits 1x in a zone isn’t risking ‘punishment’ by sticking around to help finish the zone where death is a risk?  Might be unnecessary but the buffer would be nice.

The coin sink to rebuy legend and legend ranks is absurd, to do it 7 times over is mad.

Why would you buy it 7x though?  Since you lose legendary when you reincarnate the only reason to bother spilling to hit legend is if you’re going a long time between reincarnations. If you’re reincarnating ASAP you aren’t going to waste time skilling unnecessary skills. I know some nonlegend ranks will be immediate re-buys and would love to see nonlegend ranks just carry over to avoid some extra coin grind though. :)

i hope this makes it in.  it sounds fun to me.  although what gnua said about the mobs getting rebalanced does worry me a bit.  being able to get stronger is fun.  having to work much harder to get as strong as we were before the changes is not.

If anything it sounds like an option for people to work on long term to help offset the buff some mobs and zones received in the past few years or so.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 08:51:49 PM by Malthros »

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2019, 05:46:17 AM »
Basically you can switch at whim (out of combat) between roles (classes), and allow sharing of certain skills/spells that cross-over. This effectively removes the need to destroy your advanced character and you can choose to play/advance any one class and switch back and forth.

And here I thought I was the only one who played RIFT before!

I really like the idea of being able to 'switch' between your current version and your re-incarnated version. Maybe a special potion or little 5 minute quest or something could be available so you can be useful while groups are going and switch back to solo/2 manning when no one is around. With so few people playing, I feel like having even 1-2 people re-incarnated and level 12 isn't going to help zoning at all.

Overall I think I would enjoy this system. I would certainly shy away from re-incarnating if I had to retrain all my skills again, even if they were faster. If I could just get a single learn on each skill at each level and it would immediately max out, ok. But there's absolutely no way I would re-skill again. Just imagine for a second, how much actual TIME would be spent training skills while afk a 6 time re-incarnated Shaman would take? It's already obnoxious to legend a shaman....I would hate to do that 5 more times, regardless of the benefits.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2019, 07:55:51 PM »
Just imagine for a second, how much actual TIME would be spent training skills while afk a 6 time re-incarnated Shaman would take? It's already obnoxious to legend a shaman....I would hate to do that 5 more times, regardless of the benefits.

I think the point is to reincarnate before legending.  And the power gamers who hit rank 25 asap will now have a difficult decision to make... to legend or to reincarnate.  whereas the less savvy people who get enough xp to reincarnate 6x before they legend wont have a difficult choice to make it.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2019, 07:59:05 PM »
It would be impossible to actually 'dead end' on XP. Learn more zones.

I'm sure I could dead end on my limited knowledge of zones.  And whenever I learn new zones, I lose xp.  And while it is worth dying to get the knowledge, I know I wont be getting xp.  Is this reincarnation catered to casuals or to provide more endgame power to the people who have beaten the mud and are in danger of quitting?

Malthros

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2019, 08:09:10 AM »
Overall I think I would enjoy this system. I would certainly shy away from re-incarnating if I had to retrain all my skills again, even if they were faster. If I could just get a single learn on each skill at each level and it would immediately max out, ok. But there's absolutely no way I would re-skill again. Just imagine for a second, how much actual TIME would be spent training skills while afk a 6 time re-incarnated Shaman would take? It's already obnoxious to legend a shaman....I would hate to do that 5 more times, regardless of the benefits.

Why would you be spending time max skilling in the first place?  Do you plan to legend before every reincarnation?  If so, why?

kanu

• Fodder
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2019, 06:03:06 PM »
Just a point about the experience aspect of reincarnation -- There are a LOT of fairly easy two-mannable zones in the game for both goodies and evils. I don't know as much about the ideal zones for neutral characters (since I rarely play neutrals). Also, I have found that in high-level zones, I frequently get back my lost experience from dying without having to make an effort to re-experience my character. For when you come back again as a lowbie, some low-level zones, like the mansion near Solace, have so many unique mobs that one really has to work hard to max out experience in those zones.