Author Topic: Today's Classes  (Read 2006 times)

Matt

Today's Classes
« on: March 24, 2017, 08:23:02 PM »
Is there a feel of any class being underplayed this wipe or through the last few? What classes are overplayed? Preferably not including healers.

I would hate to invest time into this artifact of addiction just to pick a class every idiot plays and no one wants to group.

Umarth

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Tarsis (duh)
Re: Today's Classes
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 05:40:07 PM »
It's really about what you prefer. Casters have lots of advantages, especially if you're a casual player, but you'll have to book hunt... and that's boring AF. Tanks/thieves are super easy to legend because you just have to train skills. Scouts are trash, don't play one. Paladins/DKs/Barbs end up tanking.

Also, ... welcome back ?!

oom

• Fodder
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 03:34:55 PM »
If you want a class that can find a group a basher(now only warriors) is usually welcome. I think all classes will have their place but not enough people play warriors these days.

Kholos

• Greater God
  • Fodder
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 10:29:08 AM »
Druids and Sky scouts

Sky scouts only work in groups. I dislike scouts in general, expected them to be replaced by a new Ranger by now.

Druids are mostly useful for mass refresh, which is only useful early in the wipe. Stoneskin and healing cloud are nice, winds is cool. Druids aren't bad, they are just missing something no group can live without. They become boring. Swarms is not worth meming over granite hands, which is a spell that's both terrible and amazing. Veil of ice is worthless. Druids are too heavy up top, and too delicate until legendary (with stone and healing cloud). They simply need a little rebalancing, upgraded frags.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 04:51:33 PM »
just have one class that can do everything, call it the Hoss class

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 03:13:51 AM »
Hoss class was tried by a multitude of Shriner immortals.  Does the term "cheated character" not ring a bell?  Morgion had.. what, Kobra?  There were quite a few cheated PK powerhouses that qualified as a "Hoss" class when the red fezzes were in charge.

Amar

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 03:31:04 PM »
It's easy to pretend that only the 'bad guys' had cheated characters.  In the early days, I can think of 3 instances of non-Shriner immortals with non-average characters.  It was a different time back then.

Shriner/OIL war on Hobbes had the appearance of bashing/heal casting uber characters on OIL's side.
Fist's mortal who would do pick-up Cyan runs with his super high HP tank who duel wielded prism proc hammers.
Krandor (warrior) could mem fireshield on hobbes. 

$.02

kanu

• Fodder
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 09:57:46 PM »
In my first wipe playing Arctic, I had a clan mate who played a cleric which could mem refresh. It was a super small thing, but amazingly helpful.

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 06:50:56 PM »
I played Hobbes, and  no doubt, exceptionally shady.  I was talking about later, however, about 5 years later.  Late 90s.

Matt

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 10:37:23 AM »
Are the three robed mages vastly different late game? More or less useful solo or grouped?

pasta_whee

• Favorite Zone: Tarsis
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 08:47:04 PM »
The Robed Mages are completely different in their set of skills and spells they get. They are kinda crappy solo unless well geared/spelled but they do contribute a lot to groups late game.