Author Topic: New Skill Training Discussion.  (Read 7627 times)

Nostramazos

Re: New Skill Training Discussion.
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2016, 01:40:58 AM »
Hi Keila and all,

I am facing similar problems with hunt. Training does not work and even renting for a number of hours and then hunting again will not produce an enlightened. This has been tested over a number of rooms around Krynn, with aggressive hunting over a significant period of time.

K, I am off to the 25th annual Maza Nostra meeting in Buswick Center in London on How to Tie your Shoelaces in 513 easy moves.

Nounou Bebelac

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2016, 04:21:44 PM »
Can people that still play Arctic comment on the new skilling system?  I've been playing a DK and I find skilling impair, disarm, etc. is MUCH more difficult now than it was before.  Anyone else having troubles?

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 10:03:01 AM »
Can people that still play Arctic comment on the new skilling system?  I've been playing a DK and I find skilling impair, disarm, etc. is MUCH more difficult now than it was before.  Anyone else having troubles?

Maybe some collateral damage from the new mysterious 'the game wants to discourage botting' penalty.  I've heard rumors you have to switch rooms/mobs in order to avoid the penalty.  I think the 'you cannot train this skill very often' skills are easier but the others have gotten harder.  i remember a post about how they didnt want to just 'make it easier overall' because it wouldnt address the underlying disparity problem.

Onea

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2016, 11:13:28 AM »
Parry is really really hard to train now.

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2016, 07:54:58 AM »
It seems fence and riposte were taking longer to Superb, but I was happily shocked to see camp, wildfire, and even burst hit Superb in record time. All the thief skills were a cake walk compared to other wipes, fastest legend on a thief I've ever had.

Just starting a pally and a black robe and things seem consistent with what I remember on maxing skills with the int/wis I have on those chars. Really no noticeable pain points with those classes just yet.

Kholos

• Overseer
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Tarsis Treehouse
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2017, 03:06:29 PM »

Maybe some collateral damage from the new mysterious 'the game wants to discourage botting' penalty.  I've heard rumors you have to switch rooms/mobs in order to avoid the penalty.  I think the 'you cannot train this skill very often' skills are easier but the others have gotten harder.  i remember a post about how they didnt want to just 'make it easier overall' because it wouldnt address the underlying disparity problem.

Absolutely true, especially at excellent.

Lyam

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2017, 01:42:42 AM »
ive noticed that a lot of skills have a cooldown timer on them now between learns...
ie: march at excellent took 30mins between enlightens would happen... that's sitting idle for 30mins online waiting to march again to get another enlighten...
some other skills on other classes took longer