Author Topic: Exotic  (Read 2009 times)

Quid

• Favorite Zone: Mortigoth
Exotic
« on: February 24, 2017, 08:03:27 AM »
Ah herro! I have a question regarding the exotic races, namely the Irda/Half-Ogre ones, are there any special reason why they haven't recieved some love in the helpfile department? Did they ride the special bus to school or are they just different, how can I know, we much be brave to ask QUESTIONS!

Cheers, pewpew etc.

Kir

• Zoner
Re: Exotic
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 02:15:26 PM »
I think as far as I understand that the exotic races are just for show. I know their states aren't great and normal races have better single stats, ie minotaur for strength, gnome for int, kender for dex etc... the only reason that I even know of to place an exotic race is because you want people to know you have a legend character or you want to roll play otherwise you are better off just rolling something else.

Quid

• Favorite Zone: Mortigoth
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 02:03:40 AM »
To quote south park: "Are you high or just incredibly stupid?", no srsly though, I have a mino warrior, rolled a half-ogre warrior for the lols and got -1str, +1int +1wis, +2dex +2 con, so sure, they might be better for a single stat, but overall it's still better.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 05:42:23 AM »
They also get a damage modifier. Half ogre dk was pretty fun.

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 10:52:26 AM »
True story is that the help file system is presently broken and we can't even update them if we want to until we get it sorted.

However, the information you're looking for can be found here:
http://www.arcticmud.org/forums/index.php/topic,1153.0.html

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 04:16:41 PM »
There are no Half-ogres allowed on the short bus, trust me.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 09:19:39 PM »
Isn't the short bus for a Half-Ogre just a REGULAR bus?

Also, exotics have better overall stat rolls (+4 to +6 based on my experimentation) as well as a few nifty bonus which are considered SLIGHTLY better than the bonuses the default classes get.  An obvious example is that Dargonesti are water_freeaction.