Author Topic: Class nerfs over the past few years + 8 man groups is why rise wins constantly  (Read 7872 times)

Kragg

• God
  • Favorite Zone: Village of Volger
I agree with the general point of Kir's post also. 

Most of us are older now and have responsibilities so we can't mud like we used to.  So with our limited mud time, most players like the greater range of zones and abilities that the buffer forms of each class used to offer.  I feel this way myself.  From a zone viewpoint, this is usually fine as new, buffer zones can be created to challenge groups or chars-essentially just keep upping the bar as groups get stronger.  What was yesterday's elite zone becomes today's high level zone etc.

I guess the issue with all the inflation of character power comes from trying to balance player versus player.  Offence gets even more ahead of defence when the offensive potential of characters is raised and I am not sure how to grabble with that in a meaningful way.

I just know I like to have a strong solo char personally because time and life restricts my ability to be grouping.

That is my two cents.
Kragg

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
I have an idea to combat RISE and also bring more excitement back to the game.

max level 100  50mil per lvl after level 30
max rank 100 make ranks easier to get and worth more.  make progression more visible at the end game.

eventually you can solo basically anything in the game is the point and you will no longer need groups.

get rid of group limits entirely

Pk groups will struggle to kill you because you have 5k health and immune shit

reed23

• Zone Leader
I always thought it'd be cool to have a continuation of the XP tables that would benefit a player.  Similar to what Brandon said, after reaching 1x, maybe have each 50 million or 100 million xp gained give an additional rank point available to spend.

Another point he makes is making ranks easier to get.  I agree - there are plenty of rank mobs, but maybe look at the rate at which ranks build back up and speed that up.  More ranks for everyone is a great thing.

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
Reel it in.
Minor changes/tweaks are a lot more likely than grand sweeping changes.
I appreciate the spitballing of ideas, but let's try to focus on some progress we can make a bit more easily.

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
Reel it in.
Minor changes/tweaks are a lot more likely than grand sweeping changes.
I appreciate the spitballing of ideas, but let's try to focus on some progress we can make a bit more easily.

So you're saying there is a chance?

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
haaaakkkpewt!! bring back the 10man groups, youve been spitballed.

Kadaj

• Zoner
All I got from that list is: play a cleric

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
I think there is something to be said for allowing people to rank past 50.  Only a few can make it there, so why stop?  Just keep diminishing the returns for ranking by 10% each subsequent rank.