Author Topic: Flaw with current way to find people in pk  (Read 7386 times)

Kir

• Zoner
Flaw with current way to find people in pk
« on: January 09, 2017, 06:00:41 AM »
We were in a potential pk situation today where the opposition wanted to fight. We were mage heavy, they were tank heavy. We were still planning on fighting however the opposition's team strategy was to wait in nomagic, which is a good strat. However because of the removal of teleport and the inability to clair in nomagic, we could not find them. Hunt\Temp path are broken and do not work in most high end zones. If somebody is sitting in a nomagic waiting to spring a trap, there is no way for the enemy to actually find them to get trapped now. Kind of silly if you ask me. From now on all you need to do is be behind a door and in nomagic and its impossible to find people unless you check every zone in the game. Makes pk  a bit lame imo.

octan

Re: Flaw with current way to find people in pk
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 02:42:33 PM »
Legendary Temporal Path!!!

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 08:04:33 PM »
Did you try asking them?
I mean, if they were lying in wait they probably would've told you..

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 08:26:20 PM »
Arranged fights aren't the way any more.  Fix clair, and the remainder of red robe utility, already.  It's only been... what, 4-5 wipes? Remove clair or make it useful again: this will likely require removing its reliance on another spell which fails aggressive casts *when cast in room with target* over half the time (unless something has changed *dramatically* with certain red robe spells rather recently). 

Saying "Ask pretty please, and maybe they'll tell you" is, at best, a laughable option, and can only have been offered in an ironic fashion.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 10:02:45 PM »
Did you try asking them?
I mean, if they were lying in wait they probably would've told you..

I did ask actually but got no response. But real talk... no more nomagic traps? seems pretty lame to me, any official response to this??

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 04:57:20 PM »
People still pk on this game? Are you sure you aren't confusing this with another game?

I'll be honest, if I was sitting at home and had the ability to play any game that I currently own, Arctic would probably be right below Hello Kitty Island Adventure. I have an an abundance of other games to play, you know, with graphics and sound. The only reason I continue to log on and play this game on a daily basis is because A. friends that still somehow play this game help kill time and make it enjoyable and B. Because I can play while at work. If I did not have the ability to play this game at work there would be absolutely no reason for me to play. I would quit outright and probably never come back. Now with school starting and my work week cut in half, there's even less time to play.  People get caught up in this whole PK adventure but there's so many other, better, more balanced games out there that people can get their little e-penises erect with. This game is a bapting pass time to kill the work day because I can only read so much Reddit and watch only so much Youtube in a day.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:07:25 PM by Kadaj »

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 04:05:47 AM »
People still pk on this game? Are you sure you aren't confusing this with another game?

I'll be honest, if I was sitting at home and had the ability to play any game that I currently own, Arctic would probably be right below Hello Kitty Island Adventure. I have an an abundance of other games to play, you know, with graphics and sound. The only reason I continue to log on and play this game on a daily basis is because A. friends that still somehow play this game help kill time and make it enjoyable and B. Because I can play while at work. If I did not have the ability to play this game at work there would be absolutely no reason for me to play. I would quit outright and probably never come back. Now with school starting and my work week cut in half, there's even less time to play.  People get caught up in this whole PK adventure but there's so many other, better, more balanced games out there that people can get their little e-penises erect with. This game is a bapting pass time to kill the work day because I can only read so much Reddit and watch only so much Youtube in a day.

Bro, I play h1z1 for 6-8 hours a day on the days im not working.. I believe you that there are other games to play for pvp which I agree. With that being said, there is absolutely no more fun on the internet than a 10v10 in arctic (now 8v8) the anticipation prior to the battle, the actual battle, the chaos that ensues after the battle... there is nothing like that in any other game. Even when you get beat in devastating fashion, it is worth it just for the adrenaline rush leading up to the fight and the knowlegde that now you have to work your way back up to spell\eq\rank to get revenge. I actually feel bad for people who miss out on this part of the game, its simply the only reason to play once you've discovered\ran every zone in the game (not that I have but mostly).

Dagda

• Fodder
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 03:56:36 PM »
Funny, I've been involved in many 12 v 12 (and a few 12 v 12 v 12) PK battles over the years and I hate every aspect of that adrenaline rush - even when we won. It's the opposite of fun to me.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 07:34:57 PM »
I'm getting pretty old, I don't think my heart can handle that kind of adrenaline rush.   

I also think my coworkers would ask what kind of 'coding' I'm doing that is making me sweat and shake.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 03:31:11 AM »
stun/nightmare overpowered mages win everytime in magic room fights currently it seems again its actually funny watching rise mages 1v8 groups of average players with pretty relative ease now.

i mean it does make sense considering you boys conquered the mud this wipe both players and mobs........ maybe add a saves vs stun or imm stun rank to new rings :p then you will see some balls drop and fights occur in those situations i bet.

in my current opinion stunning mages would destroy almost anyone thats certainly playing at the moment, and in the few wipes back where mages were the dominating display of strength and i remember losing to an all mage + reedcleric group with a stacked group of tanks. maybe its just bad luck but stun in my opinion when it lands at an extremely high % rate is all it takes to win pretty much everytime i have seen it or experienced it.

saves against it or just making it land at a 30% rate of its current rate would fix stun, and open groups up to more tank and less stun/nightmare/area spell ftw type fighting, its not like nightmare is going to be useless when combined with it. not EVERYONE is npp normally, just in the best possibly prepared groups.... which is not the case often because we arent in a perfect world.

i am trying to picture 2 paladins 1 druid 1 cleric(sweetly scripted) 1 sky scout and 3 stunners. and i just cant fathom what could beat that... im not the most experienced at pk so perhaps someone knows the combination that would tear that group apart.
if you do educate me please lol but i dont even think 5 high dex +bash bashers with cleric druid sky scout in return would stand a chance.

when groups without stun can actually defeat a group full of stun again, stun will have been equalized. it should not be such a clutch spell that it can overpower and win the fight using stun as the most important part of the strategy. it should be helpful but not singlehandedly win a fight.

that would be the flaw making people hide from them.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:29:38 AM by Gramm »

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 11:57:29 PM »
stun/nightmare overpowered mages win everytime in magic room fights currently it seems again its actually funny watching rise mages 1v8 groups of average players with pretty relative ease now.

i mean it does make sense considering you boys conquered the mud this wipe both players and mobs........ maybe add a saves vs stun or imm stun rank to new rings :p then you will see some balls drop and fights occur in those situations i bet.

in my current opinion stunning mages would destroy almost anyone thats certainly playing at the moment, and in the few wipes back where mages were the dominating display of strength and i remember losing to an all mage + reedcleric group with a stacked group of tanks. maybe its just bad luck but stun in my opinion when it lands at an extremely high % rate is all it takes to win pretty much everytime i have seen it or experienced it.

saves against it or just making it land at a 30% rate of its current rate would fix stun, and open groups up to more tank and less stun/nightmare/area spell ftw type fighting, its not like nightmare is going to be useless when combined with it. not EVERYONE is npp normally, just in the best possibly prepared groups.... which is not the case often because we arent in a perfect world.

i am trying to picture 2 paladins 1 druid 1 cleric(sweetly scripted) 1 sky scout and 3 stunners. and i just cant fathom what could beat that... im not the most experienced at pk so perhaps someone knows the combination that would tear that group apart.
if you do educate me please lol but i dont even think 5 high dex +bash bashers with cleric druid sky scout in return would stand a chance.

when groups without stun can actually defeat a group full of stun again, stun will have been equalized. it should not be such a clutch spell that it can overpower and win the fight using stun as the most important part of the strategy. it should be helpful but not singlehandedly win a fight.

that would be the flaw making people hide from them.

Locki... i love you buddy but at no time ever did a rise mage fight anybody 1v8 and win. Also, they already nerfed pws into the ground. It only lasts 3 rounds now. After the gigantic dps nerf to all mages, there is no mage thats killing a tank class 1v1. So 1v8 is also quite the stretch.

Also, there is a class that has a spell that removes stun from all groupmates. He can only cast it if he's not stunned himself. There is another class that can remove stun from all groupmembers even WHEN he is stunned himself. PWS is overrated, unless the mage is nobash, then its pretty OP but still you need a monster to group to kill anybody with this -10% damage debuff in pk.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:59:47 PM by Kir »

Rednax

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 04:05:02 AM »
Maybe not a mage, but I definitely recall a friendly 1v8 fight against a cleric (Hank) in which we were unable to kill him. We lost two before we stopped fighting.

sloopi

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 11:19:02 PM »
Maybe not a mage, but I definitely recall a friendly 1v8 fight against a cleric (Hank) in which we were unable to kill him. We lost two before we stopped fighting.

Hank is a God. You can't expect to beat a God now can you.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 12:09:31 AM »
from what i have seen, stun is still scary, but it HAS been a whole 3 weeks i guess.

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 04:34:34 AM »
What would be a GOOD way to find people for PK purposes that isn't overpowered (aka super easy)?