feb.3 friday
9 (24.3%)
feb.17 friday
4 (10.8%)
march.3 friday
3 (8.1%)
no thanks, i'm good
17 (45.9%)
i don't feel like these options really take into account the various time zones of myself or my fellow players
1 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: January 15, 2017, 08:41:01 PM

Author Topic: Vote for Wipe  (Read 3775 times)

newbie123321

• Fodder
Vote for Wipe
« on: January 08, 2017, 02:25:44 AM »
To see how many people are interested in wipe.

Dagda

• Fodder
Re: Vote for Wipe
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 05:55:11 AM »
I'd like a no thanks, I'm good option.

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 08:41:19 PM »
I'd like a no thanks, I'm good option.

agreed and provided.

Rinad

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Deep Mines
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 10:59:04 PM »
If you are going to wipe the mud less than 6 months in, then please fix rules to apply to become an immortal to be 3 months of active play.  Let's be fair to those who may want to apply and are still actively playing to the 6th-month mark.    Just cause a few people are bored, doesn't mean there isn't gear and ranks to be had right now.  Plus there is still a sizable base of 10-15 players at any given time.   

If the staff is to anything please fix the ranking/legend system.  From what I see is this... Person levels char to legend, gets bored then rerolls a new char to legend and then rinse repeat.  Ultimately then those who play though get bored waiting for a legend group that is big enough to run the higher end zones, instead of playing the character out to rank 40 or 50.  It takes longer to get from rank 20 to rank30 than it does to rank and skill to legend.  My idea is to keep rank 1-20 about the same gains max rank percent like 5% are rank 20.  Ranks 20-50 max at 1%-2%. Create rank 50-100  max out around .5 to .1 by the time you hit like rank 75.    Give us more rank levels and better rewards for those who bust their ass ranking.  Let's try to find ways to encourage people to play past rank 22.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 02:25:25 AM »
Firstly, there's no hard and fast rule to becoming an immortal really.

The 3 months of active play is an old, crusty rule that doesn't apply anymore. Basically the criteria are:

1) Be knowledgeable enough that we feel you can contribute.
2) Not being a douche-bag
3) Applying
4) Getting a consensus of thumbs up from the current immortals, with the higher ranking immortals votes carrying more weight

Re: legendary - this is something that does need to be looked at. One solution might be to make legendary ranks unique, but buff the crap out of each one in different ways - forcing players to make a choice about how they want their character to play. I.e. Would you like your thief to backstab like a beast, or would you prefer to dodge like a boss?   Would you want your basher to land bashes all day, or parry like a monster and take vastly reduced damage? Food for thought!

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 01:23:00 PM »
Forced specialization of ranks is the option most chosen by other games, and likely the one easiest and most capable of being balanced for PvP.  Besides which, IMHO, it's the best way to build anyway: trying to build a jack of all trades never works well in Arctic. If you want a basher, you stat for damage/bash, but your hps end up going down quicker than my ex-wife when I went out of town due to lack of apply/limdam/etc.  At very high end play, these necessities become less well-defined, but balancing only for the top 5% of players is one of the elitist issues which have dogged this mud for decades.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 08:43:13 PM »
2) Not being a douche-bag

can we remove this rule so that i can apply please?

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 11:23:41 PM »
who was the wise guy that made 16 accounts and voted "no thanks I'm good". Haha or is there actually 31 people that play this game?
@jorquin Make me an immortal and I'm sure people would come back to play.

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 01:03:10 PM »
hahaaaaaaa, no.

el conquistador

• Fodder
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 08:22:16 PM »
not everyone who voted is playing atm, but i might start again soon and i would prefer my characters to be not deleted  :D

Master Mike

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 10:48:04 PM »
who was the wise guy that made 16 accounts and voted "no thanks I'm good". Haha or is there actually 31 people that play this game?
@jorquin Make me an immortal and I'm sure people would come back to play.
It was Iyla.

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 09:52:30 AM »
Learn to spell my name jerk! It's Ilya, and damn straight I'm good!

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 03:14:56 PM »
So the voting closed January 15th with people wanting a wipe totaling 19 votes vs 17 people voting "no thanks, i'm good." 

Any response from our great Gods on their plan for our lives?

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 05:42:08 PM »
"no thanks, i'm good"

Honestly for the moment we need a little more time than the pro-wipe votes are suggesting.
I'm working on figuring out how much time that actually is and I will try and have an answer for everyone by next week.

I would really like to introduce a few changes to the game at wipe and need the time to get those finished up.
Plus, we like haven't even had a tournament yet, guys.

Life is hard, and finding time for Arcticgame is ever harder, unfortunately.