Author Topic: No PK Mud  (Read 3192 times)

newbie123321

• Fodder
No PK Mud
« on: November 05, 2016, 10:08:52 AM »
Please code in that once a limit 3/2/1 item is in your inventory or worn, it makes you pkable but if you have limit 4 or higher you are just no hassle until you aggro someone then normal flags apply. This would be fun!
and I think it would allow people to rank and get items without worrying about constant fear of death!

Kir

• Zoner
Re: No PK Mud
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 05:22:49 PM »
dumbest post of the wipe david, go to bed.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 08:14:37 PM »
I think there SHOULD be a no_pk flag, but it would automatically make you unable to loot any limit_1 through  limit_4 items.  Hell, maybe even up to limit_6 items.  As long as you are willing to play with simply "ok" gear and nothing elite you should be able to opt out of pk. 

I know most players wouldn't play that way.  However, I would 100% play that way - give me a 3d5 enchantable prime and some -ac armor and let me go to town!

kmark101

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 10:50:42 PM »
But who would even pk you if you have a 3d5 sword with a -ac armor? Nobody.
So this issue/post is stupid.

newbie123321

• Fodder
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 02:00:26 AM »
If you are at war with a clan you would be killed if your group is on and do not want to get peace and still try to compete. So you would be able to zone and rank or re-exp maybe skill without getting killed pop spells ect.
even tho your crew got rekt once and has no more eq you could get shop/merch eq and spam void without getting pked by RISE. You would be able to war and still play as long as you did not have lim 1-3 items without getting pked. So when you say no one would pk you with lim 4 items or shittier, You do not have a clan in war and clearly quit when you get warred which is why I propose a way for people to not have to quit or stop playing against a clan who is on all day. So yes you would get pked if you are at war regardless of what eq you have because if you are at war the opposing clan does not want you to log on in force to zone.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 02:04:19 AM by newbie123321 »

newbie123321

• Fodder
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 02:07:11 AM »
Sort of like how when RISE mass ripped in CYAN and lost orbs and no bashes and heals and all their dam, WILDS logged on to decimate them in HCT even tho they had no eq left at all to make sure they do not zone or play anymore. So yeah who kills people with shitty gear? What was that you said?

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 10:06:52 AM »
But who would even pk you if you have a 3d5 sword with a -ac armor? Nobody.
So this issue/post is stupid.

ever heard of collateral damage?  just because i'm wearing trash gear doesnt mean everyone in my group is also wearing trash.  which then means i'm at risk of getting pkilled.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 10:12:15 AM »
As long as you are willing to play with simply "ok" gear and nothing elite you should be able to opt out of pk... I know most players wouldn't play that way.  However, I would 100% play that way - give me a 3d5 enchantable prime and some -ac armor and let me go to town!

What if you could still get pkilled but you got to keep your mediocre gear and only your good stuff stayed on your corpse for enemies to loot?  I'd play indefinitely with just a 4 piece macabre and unlimited shop gear.

what if all gear that was faint or wispy mote level came back to the inn with you when you died? maybe for primes it could be 10 average damage (enchanted shop weapon), 2hands 15 average damage (dolphin bone), offhands 8 average damage (red handled mace).
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 10:18:24 AM by gnua »

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 08:21:19 PM »
Ignoring Martin's SPAM...

I think the cost of having a no_pk flag SHOULD be severe (no low-limit items, perhaps barred from running silvanesti/bloodshoal/icewall), after all, arctic is a pk mud.  But a clan that gets destroyed should be able to slowly climb back from oblivion with shit gear without being worried about getting mage bombed.

Biggest issue is what happens when no_pk group with pk.  Answer is simple - pk spells and attacks simply don't work on no_pk characters, and no_pk characters cannot cast or use any non-combat skills on characters once they are flagged.  This sidesteps the "no pk" healer in a pk group, or paladin guard, etc.

If you are willing to make do with bronze shields, 2d7 primes, and enchanted leather armor then I feel like you can earn the right to avoid pk, if that's your desire.