Author Topic: WIPE  (Read 8765 times)

Kronos

WIPE
« on: December 27, 2016, 01:51:59 PM »
Is one being considered? There has not been much communication as of late from the new management. What direction are we headed?

-Jon

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
Re: WIPE
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 10:24:46 PM »
i like the idea of fooming all gear for a midwipe rush. that was brilliant thinking imho, keeps it fresh

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 01:21:12 AM »
I've not had internet until today. I moved into a new building and have had massive issues trying to get connected.

As for communication re:pwipe - we can pwipe fairly quickly if we want, it's just a question of how much time i want to hold off so that I can get things done. Depends on the appetite from players, basically.

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 05:42:09 AM »
But guyyyyyyyyyyys, I haven't legendeded yetttt :(

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 07:34:50 AM »
i like the idea of fooming all gear for a midwipe rush. that was brilliant thinking imho, keeps it fresh

i like this idea.  not too sure if coins or spells should be wiped as well though

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 01:08:47 PM »
Bring on a new wipe!

Also, I think the zapping all gear/spells sounds interesting and fun.  It'd be interesting if very many people showed up for this.  IMO, it'd create some PK atmosphere with the major clans rushing to the zones to pop gear.  Or is PK even allowed anymore?

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 12:39:03 AM »
PK is allowed, unfortunately most of our players don't have enough maturity to self regulate. This means we probably need to put in a way to confiscate people's ability to be arrogant, destructive dickheads for set periods of time.

xellos

• Zoner
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 08:46:22 AM »
ya core jumping rise at lvl 15 in bali underground. wtf were they thinking?

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 12:38:16 PM »
It sucks that for a lot of people the wipe ended really early, but for anyone outside of the 2 major clans that had their war and ended it already most people havent had a chance to even get a full 8man of all legended chars too early for wipe : p all you rock stars that have already thrown your party, pick a noob and train it time is here!

Id still like a lot more time myself to take my character into some large zones now that our clan is like 3 spells shy of a few active legend healers. wiping at the like 6 month mark is assuming that everyone can get a legend crew of active people within 6 months and finish the endgame content lol.  give the rest of us neanderthals some more time to learn please.

Kronos

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 01:25:45 PM »
Equipment zap? That sounds like pretty cool idea. Our player base is getting older and has less time. Take away the 3-5 days of constant play (RUSH) to get to legend and just wipe the gear. I would bet a lot of people would come back for that. I would vote for an ASAP wipe or eq zap.

I would like to discuss PK. I know a lot of people are discussing PK_ON and PK_OFF type of game play. If the game implements any form of PK_OFF, I truly believe it will be the beginning of the end for Arctic. Maybe it is being considered as a way to get rid of RISE. If your trying to get rid of 15+ consistent players, many of whom have been around for 20+ years...then put in PK_OFF. Most, if not all will quit. Forever. I don't believe it would just be RISE. There are a lot of other regular players who like PK and would be against anything of the sort being added. If you are discussing it and or already coding it, why not discuss it with us??

When this game was the most fun, there were multiple clans at war. I think that there are a lot of players who either don't remember how fun clan warfare can be or have never been involved in a full on total war. I wrote about an idea of how to quench the thirst of PVP a few months ago and there was really no response from IMMs.

I think it would be a HUGE benefit to the game to add an arena. Being able to bet coins, gear or just pvp for fun would add another level to the game as well as allow people to see how much fun PVP can be. Make it pretty open where you could fight 1v1 up to 8v8. Put in something simple and then expand on the idea if it works. There are countless ways to set up fights and that alone would curb the want/need to kill untagged chars. Honestly, it's a solution that would work.

Speaking from the side of RISE I know that we would use it ALL the time. We would have so much fun "killing each other". It would quench the thirst and take away some of the blood lust that we find after we have done all the end game zones/mobs. I know that the mechanic exists. I remember a tournament style pvp arena competition many years ago. Why has no one ever seriously considered this? Maybe it has been, but why not try it?

"MEET ME ON THE BRIDGE, RIGHT NOW!"

-JTFson

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 08:10:20 PM »
Allowing some to opt out of player killing, on an IP and/or clan level would be great. RISE may quit, but as has been pointed out time and time again, the only thing they want to do is dominate the game is drive everyone else away.

Yes, RISE is killing Arctic.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 09:43:37 PM »
Allowing some to opt out of player killing, on an IP and/or clan level would be great. RISE may quit, but as has been pointed out time and time again, the only thing they want to do is dominate the game is drive everyone else away.

Rise attacked 1 clan this entire wipe. Please explain how this is killing arctic?

[The rest of my post was deleted because it was incendiary and juvenile.]
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 12:41:17 PM by Kam »

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 08:22:00 PM »

Rise attacked 1 clan this entire wipe. Please explain how this is killing arctic?

[The rest of my post was deleted because it was incendiary and juvenile.]

Lol... so any news on a potential pwipe date? i dont really have an opinion either way but it would be nice to hear some news!!

kmark101

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 08:18:03 PM »
Before you make wipe, there is ONE important change to do, to avoid the quick burnout of all recent wipes (which burnouts are quicker and quicker each time):

After wipe, reverse the rank points from all mobs to minimum. This way, when many people starts and plays, the gap CAN'T BE that huge after a few days/weeks, because it would not matter which group or clan played the most the first 3 days, the ranks gap will remain small. Equipment would still be attainable the same way, so wipe rushers still would have the advantage, but this advantage can't be so huge that it totally ruins all competition.

Just treat every mob at the period of wipe time as they were recently killed. Then as the wipe folds out, rank points would increase and clans will be able to raise in power head to head.

Game will be extremely enjoyable and there will be much competition, without ruining the best part of the game (first few weeks of warfare), but in the long run, people will be able to legend as normally anyway.

Do this and I'll play!

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 08:59:47 PM »
Welllllllll, this wipe we sort of screwed up by not doing exactly that. It won't be a mistake we'll make again, so don't worry!

Next wipe rank gains won't be so insane at the start.