Author Topic: *Sigh* This game will never be fair. I quit.  (Read 4641 times)

eddiex

• Zoner
*Sigh* This game will never be fair. I quit.
« on: April 03, 2013, 01:11:58 AM »
Yea right.  Oh well, can't say i didn't try, i thought it was a good idea.  I'm sorry if you're offended by my distaste for multiing/botting.  I just feel like it makes the game too easy.  Oh well some will multi and bot and have a good time. Some will play legit and have a good time. You choose.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
Re: *Sigh* This game will never be fair. I quit.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 06:12:56 AM »
its just a complex problem that people are divided on. its not a crime to be passionate, but i have to say the maze idea made me laugh a little

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 10:09:37 AM »
I know daniel. I honestly am not against multiing/botting at all if it were legal for all to do.  In fact i voted for it to be legal.  I just don't like the idea that some people get to reap the benefits and others don't.  But i'm over it, i reconciled the fate of my time on this game.  I choose to play just one character and still have a great time.  That is all.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 11:17:37 AM »
I closed the previous threads, because I thought they offered nothing new in terms of discussion. I have stated before that I would prefer not to spend administration time policing multi/botters, so I don't (those of you that have been punished so far this wipe can attest to that). I'd rather not introduce a system that is designed to change player attitude, because it doesn't work. Either the players can follow the rules and have fun playing a game we all love, or they can choose to break the rules, knowing full well the consequence of their actions.

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 08:05:56 PM »
Hoss, i appreciate you taking the time to explain the reasoning.  It's a bit offputting just being laughed at with no explanation.

RaVaN

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 10:03:58 PM »
@eddiex

I admit I was very intrigued with your idea before you illustrated it.  The fact is, as long as the parameters of any test are known, a smart botter will be able to predict and bypass a lot of tests especially as illustrated.  What you end up with is the best guess of the immortal at hand.  This is something that is shown throughout the gaming world.  Cheaters will cheat, and noncheaters will not.  This in no way voids efforts made by the immortals to preserve a pure game ideal.  For those that still feel the need to cheat, I would like to direct your interest to Godville, since it is custom made for you:

http://godvillegame.com/

@Hoss

http://lookatmyhorsemyhorseisamazing.com/