Author Topic: Botting/Multiing Why make something illegal if you're not gonna police it?  (Read 11031 times)

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
SteveO makes a great example.  like 1v1 i would completely destroy this guy, he literally has no shot whatsoever if i had 2 bots and he had 2 he would be begging for peace.  But he joins clans for protection and uses bots for protection.  so now when this loser of a mudder calls me out im stuck tryin to learn proxies..  also my 4 player clan has no shot vs clans that have 6-10 players and 3-5  active bots.  so again im at a disadvantage..  my only solution for greatness ?  learn the proxy system or buy an android phone.  ofcourse i have no interest in doing that..  well maybe buying an android phone interest me.

Ok so i will be trying to learn proxies and buying android phones so i can compete,  or i can spam CT and act like i dont care.

But people talk about quitting cause of being deleted for botting, but what about all the players  who will quit because of being warred by bots?  i guess nobody cares about that

So enjoy all your mud success you earned it

Resur

an anti botting imm police force? that just seems like a waste of resources to me. and to what end? less people playing? any good player will tell you that they'd much rather have a real player over a bot, but the sad fact of the matter is that there are fewer and fewer people playing.

imm resources should be fully allocated to improving the game by adding new content. that's what players want, not big brother looking over their shoulders. i just shake my head in disbelief when i think of how pointless this all is. why bapt with people? take away the players and you lose the game.

This guy pretty much says it all - I agree completely w/ it. Witch hunts gunna do nothing for the game but piss more people off and put even more lack of trust in the imms than they already have. Let players police the game themselves and make some friends to kill the problem.

Everyone I know in game gets the most excited when new fun shit is added to play with - not when they heard a group of people were deleted.

SteveO

Lol@Brandon, you couldn't beat your way out of a wet paper bag. Even your own kin doesn't want to associate with you.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
What kind of poll is that anyhow? You would ask a clan to turn their clannie in to save the clan? Why wouldnt everyone just claim they dont know? How would you be able to prove they did? Quitchertbitchin?

Jorake

• Zone Leader
Not even worth it!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 05:08:12 PM by Jorake »

Hoss

• Elder
yawn...thread closed