Author Topic: Vigor skill  (Read 5214 times)

Jorake

• Zone Leader
Vigor skill
« on: March 15, 2013, 08:54:24 PM »
Vigor has not skilled beyond poor. Does it just take a REALLy long time to skill or is there a bug invovled?

Basher

Re: Vigor skill
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 04:42:41 AM »
I second that, I am not sure what was done to make it slightly easier to train, but that hasn't quite worked as vigor has not moved up beyond poor, while a second passive skill, shield block has. Given that I don't even main most of the time, it has had even lower changes to go off than vigor, which is perpetually going off as I am rarely at perfect at any given time, however vigor just won't train.

If there is something that we are missing can someone please clue us in through the help skill vigor at the least. Currently that is a brief one line entry. If not, with it being a required skill for legend, I don't imagine we will be seeing any warriors legending anytime soon so can we atleast take it off from the legend warrior requirements while it's getting tweaked and fixed??

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 11:57:54 AM »
Try it in different situations. Tanking while ticking. Tanking while ticking while in v.bad/awful. Stay in low v.bad/awful for extended periods of time.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 12:35:09 PM »
I have a level 30 warrior that is rank 19, and has been playing almost 72 hours.  I have done the lion's share of the work solo, so I am hurt a LOT.  Shield block is at excellent, to give you an idea how much I main.  Vigor is still poor.  If there's any way it could be removed as a requirement for legend until the details are ironed out I think it would help the warrior playerbase a lot.

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 12:59:30 PM »
I have no idea what vigor does but here is a simple guide to train most skills in Arctic.

1. Find the actual situation that triggers it. Usually this means using the skill. As for passive skills, you need to see what situation triggers it. Best chance to see this is during awful to poor enlightens.

2. Down time before next learn. There are some skills with down time. It means once you use it, spamming the skills in the next few minutes won't trigger any chance of learning.

3. Mobs and town. Below "poor" you can usually train inside guild/town or low mobs. Most skills won't train on low level nameless mobs. So don't spam 100 hours on the earthworm in sewers once you past poor.

So, find the situation that triggers whatever skills. Then try to use that situation on special highish level mobs outside town. Rotate your mobs/situation. May require spamming over a list of places/mobs and long period of time to allow repops and cooldown in between skill learns.

I find wis/int/learn kind of help speeding up the learn opportunities. So switch out those "dam" ranks to wis/int/learn and wear tons of the same eq.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 01:24:22 PM »
vigor is a passively trained skill that goes off on its own about every 12 tics. At poor its the equivalent of a cure crit. 

None of that advice helps since there is no "vigor" command to initiate it nor is there some way for us to manipulate the timetable on which it fires. 

People theorize that doing it at poor or awful will make it learn better, but this is theory.  As far as I know there is not a player in the game with a vigor above poor.

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 02:19:29 PM »
I once had a dream my vigor trained, when I woke up...

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 04:16:09 PM »
We are aware that there is currently a bug in training of the vigor skill. It may take a little bit to get it fixed, so stay tuned.

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 09:12:08 AM »
This bug is fixed.