Author Topic: skills a bit *too* easy to train now?  (Read 5487 times)

giles

skills a bit *too* easy to train now?
« on: March 13, 2013, 01:16:04 PM »
After all the skills were tweaked to be easier to train last wipe, now with the larger XP tables it seems to be that skills get maxxed out much faster than you can ever level, will no real training effort required at all.  Is this working as intended? 

I kinda liked the old days when having your skills trained to your level actually set you apart from the average player, now it seems everyone will be at or near max skill.

eli

Re: skills a bit *too* easy to train now?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 02:54:11 PM »
wow.. just goes to show that you can't please everyone. too hot, no too cold! too big, no too small!

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 04:15:08 PM »
so now that we spend more time grinding xp, you suggest changes to skill training so we spend even more time grinding?

octan

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 05:46:46 PM »
@giles

I have a suggestion, lets have immorts set your characters to no_superb forever sicne you want to train that much.  That way you can keep training and the guilds will keep teaching you so you'll have a sense of accomplishment, then when you type skill it always is at (Excellent)

muddeer

• Fodder
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 11:59:02 PM »
I agree with giles.  Seems much easier to train skills.  My thief isn't even 30 yet and most of his skills are superb, including disable.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 06:57:31 AM »
Uh no, theres still a plethora of skills that are impossible to train. Grats you giles and whoever for getting a few skills to superb, get a shaman to legend and then speak on this matter.

giles

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 08:35:20 AM »
Uh no, theres still a plethora of skills that are impossible to train. Grats you giles and whoever for getting a few skills to superb, get a shaman to legend and then speak on this matter.

Way to make a straw man argument.  Just because I want the super easy skills that get maxed out 10 minutes after reach a level to be a little more challenging to skill up doesn't mean I want the few challenging skills to be harder to skill up also.

Also, do you know what a question mark means?  I was asking if it was working as intended, I am not demanding a nerf or trying to ruin your precious shaman, I was just curious.  The logic in my mind was that it seemed like Aristox spent a lot of effort balancing the skills to where he wanted them last wipe. With the new xp tables, it's essentially 50% easier to max your skills because you have that much more time between levels. 

If the previous wipe was balanced correctly, it stands to reason a 50% increase in skill training with no change would not be balanced.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 06:30:28 PM »
Uh in your post you said "skills", then in your second post you said "a few skills that can get to superb in 10 minutes", well which is it, and which are the skills in specific you think are too easy to train? Because when you use a blanket statement about all skills being easy to train it just makes you look like a moron. If you have a problem with specific skills training to easy than mention those specific skills, otherwise prepare to be flamed by people who are super pissed at certain skills that take forever to get up or seem impossible to train (Vigor, field medic, etc).

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 07:20:16 AM »
Removed Giles last post because it was childish.

Locked the thread because nothing is being said here except insults.