Author Topic: newbie option  (Read 2773 times)

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
newbie option
« on: March 13, 2013, 11:15:28 AM »
The changes to xp tables this wipe and the rank changes last wipe gave me an idea:

Allow players who declare themselves as 'newbie' to use the 'old' xp tables but with the following possible disadvantages
1. can not purchase ranks or get rank xp
2. -2 penalty to each stat
3. restrict guild to cleric, druid, warrior
4. restrict level to 27

Maybe allow them to remove disadvantages 1,2, and 4 by going back down to level 1

Homard

Re: newbie option
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 01:43:05 PM »
  As a relative newbie, I hope you're joking.  If you want to make it even more fun for a newbie, why not force them to tape one eye closed, type with their dick and send out messages to disconnect their client whenever they get bashed.  Together with the above they'll have so much fun they'll never leave.
  The new xp changes are tough for casuals like myself.  That's just the way it is.  This game is and always has been geared towards people who can put a lot (more than anyone with a family and job) of time into it.  I get the enjoyment out of it that I can and if I can't enjoy it in the current state, I'll do something else for a while.  I played casually and almost legended over the span of a wipe last wipe.  Before that I'd had a few level 30s over some years.  I probably won't play this wipe and the time requirement to 30 is a part of it, but I'm not going to whine about it.
  Throttling newbies is a surefire way to never, ever see any new players come here and stay.  Certainly not the full bore manic people you need to compete at the top.