Author Topic: Druids need some love!!!  (Read 9841 times)

snax

Druids need some love!!!
« on: March 07, 2013, 08:20:02 PM »
Wipe's starting soon, and I wanted to advocate for druids, as someone who has played the class from 94-2011.  I really think, in light of healing wave being relatively easy to load, regenerate being extremely easy to load, heal being extremely easy to load that 3 changes are considered.

1. cure critical is guilded, and moved to 6th circle for druids
2. healing cloud moves back to a relatively easy to pop location (it's essentially regenerate prelegend, and not quite healing wave at legend) definately not dun-mir tier.
3. damage is upped on a few single target spells. (cone in particular, as it's lower damage than flameshroud, and isn't fixed damage like firestorm.  Firestorm should actually replace flameshroud, and burning hands should get flameshrouds damage table IMHO)

Please feel free to shoot it down, but I didn't play a druid last wipe, and I'm mulling over playing this wipe at all beyond the first day or two.  Thanks.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
Re: Druids need some love!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 08:35:01 PM »
So... What i get from this is "make my changes happen or i wont play"? Have you seen legend druids? Storm call inside, enlarge is majorly buff, stoneskin majorly buff, I think if ANYTHING and I could be wrong. But druids need to be more terrain based than they are now. Ice storm should do 50damage inside and 100 outside or something. Those spells you mentioned are just fine where they are because druids have a frag they can mem in every single slot almost.

But I do like the idea of moving healing cloud back to a more accessible area. I remember it used to load in Quali on the lord or something. Maybe not quite that easy but you could change healing cloud to pax druid, and then change that spell to quali druid. That sounds more inline than it being on the red salamanders mistress.

Dyl

• Zoner
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 08:38:46 PM »
So much game info it hurts.

snax

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 08:43:58 PM »
the big thing is the disproportionalism.  Despite druids having some buffs, they're currently the most defective and underloved class.  The fact that cure crit is guild 5th for clerics and shamans...but is a tablet for druids (7th) and the fact that heal/regen/healing wave are all substantially easier to pop than healing cloud and that prelegend and post legend it's honestly not as powerful to me wants me to push some love in that direction.

It's not a matter of "do this or i won't play".  I'm not playing a druid next wipe regardless of changes, but as probably one of the most experienced and loyal fanatics of the druid class I'm advocating some love.   My reasons for not playing more than a day or two reflect changes in my real life and a desire not to get sucked in to only innsit for 8 months or until the next pwipe after a few weeks/month into the game as one of the last true "neutrals."

Ezio

• Fodder
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 09:16:23 PM »
With boost cloud > wave. My cousin was fully spelled legend last wipe and nothing was defective about that. Group +dam and hits like a truck....and stone skin...just saying. Crit isn't that hard to load lol and druids can get soooo manyslot items. You are kinda drawing unreasonable comparisons. But shamans are no doubt op, but so are druids and basically every legend is op, and black robe legend is beyond godlike

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 09:41:38 PM »
druids get refresh!

ralfiepoo

• Favorite Zone: Dun Mir
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 10:39:55 PM »
If you think druids need love, I find it hard to believe you played them extensively. Some years ago, I would definetly agree with you, and I just returned last year to see great improvements to them imo.
We got healing cloud, primal fury and iceskin among others that are great. I can understand as neutral you probably don't have a high chance at getting cloud, and I can see what you mean in that perspective.
I also think we have the greatest legend ranks, like someone pointed out earlier they are great, though you dont get to kill so many with stone as you used to(so far only a russian <3).
Or maybe it just comes down to how you see the class, personally I feel a lot of work and love was put into the class where I used to see druids lacking.

octan

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 03:53:40 AM »
ralf knows what he's talking about! he wears druid gear typing his posts I'm sure! :D

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 05:05:53 AM »
i'm not sure what planet you're on, but druids are one of the stronger classes right now

as for the legend healing wave > legend healing cloud i actually boggled when i re-read this just now. the difference in healing is minimal, wave hits with legend for about 33 (i checked a log) and cloud hits for 2 crits of probably 150-160.  healing wave hits everyone for minimal, healing cloud hits the two lowest health targets for a good amount - and correct me if im wrong here, but it fires at the start of the round which potentially saves that players life if they're already in danger of dying.  healing boost is a non factor, since it modifies both spells equally

on top of that, healing wave is limited to one active per group. healing cloud however is not. healing cloud is in the majority of ways superior to healing wave.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 05:58:04 AM by daniel_1 »

ralfiepoo

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 05:29:41 AM »
i'm not sure what planet you're on, but druids are one of the stronger classes right now
shh! don't make them whip out the nerf bat.

Ezio

• Fodder
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 06:18:44 AM »
Ahh my mistake, took it for % boosted

ralfiepoo

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 07:32:42 AM »
healing cloud is in the majority of ways superior to healing wave.

as long as it doesn't bug, but I agree!

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 10:37:54 AM »
healing cloud:
1. good cos you don't have to watch group hp. just make sure it is always on, no need to spam group to cure.
2. hard to load?

healing wave:
1. good for healing over lots of rounds, like low impact group damage fights. almost useless without real fat cures/heal.
2. spell disrupt if caster flee, so that is bad. have to recast every new room you move. can't stack.

heal:
1. instant heal to near full.
2. have to watch group hp all the time, you miss one round, someone dies.

regen:
1. constant cures over many rounds.
2. doesn't cover huge damage rounds, so useless in some heavy fight. no stacking.

healing mist:
1. almost similar to heal wave, except it covers many rooms. can stack.
2. heals everything very slowly. high mem low slot.

So, in my books,
1. heal > regen in big damage battle. regen > heal in most battle.
2. heal cloud > everything if you are lazy or slow typer, and everything > heal cloud if bugged.
3. heal mist > heal wave in all cases.

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 10:45:28 AM »
tornado>heal cloud
tornado>heal mist
heal wave>tornado
heal cloud>gust
heal wave>gust
gust>heal mist

i duno i think heal wave>heal mist

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 11:41:09 AM »
druids are fine. Besides lightingstorm- it sucks for being a top tier spell. Para needs to be buffed also, it never lands and it lasts less rounds then Hold person.