Author Topic: March 2nd, 2013 -- Upcoming Changes Preview  (Read 37424 times)

Hoss

• Elder
Re: March 2nd, 2013 -- Upcoming Changes Preview
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2013, 07:41:25 PM »
I don't know about others, but NOWclan has been making goblins for wipes and wipes. Whatever name I had for my DK last wipe (two wipes ago?) was a goblin.

cool story bro

RaVaN

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2013, 07:51:49 PM »
@corey

Yeah, I know.  It's probably even how I decided to make a goblin DK last wipe and this wipe.  Before these changes I was a pretty firm convert to the goblins with the three classes I tended to play. DK, Barb, and Shaman.  I see Barbs didn't make the goblin cut, which will be interesting to me at least.  These changes pretty much have me curious on what I will play come wipe start.  Probably will all depend on what other changes are made known. 

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2013, 07:52:32 PM »
Thanks,
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:03:42 AM by reed23 »

Tajs

• Favorite Zone: Dun mir
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2013, 09:08:32 AM »
I wonder if race specific weapons like wyrmslayer + scabbard, tidebreaker and the like will be handled?
Quali/silva elves are not the meanest of warrior races!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 01:28:30 PM by Tajs »

Anasazi

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Gargath's Keep
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2013, 01:06:28 PM »
No gnome druids?  Interesting.  No hill dwarf druids either?  Damn.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 01:23:19 PM by Anasazi »

andguent

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2013, 12:12:13 AM »
No gnome druids?  Interesting.  No hill dwarf druids either?  Damn.

Sigh. Never thought I'd see a time when druids were too powerful. I guess its to be expected if the non-clanned don't play mages much.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2013, 05:19:39 AM »
new changes are cool, but what would be coolest would be fixing the problems with nightmare/ comeuppance / the ease with which top tier mage area is gettable / mages are the devil.
fingers crossed!

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2013, 06:14:15 AM »
if you dont let druids be hill-dwarfs i quit forsure like 1000% i really will like seriously, im tellin u im gonna quit. u better change that shit back!  thats it ! its war again

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2013, 06:26:12 AM »
I had a couple of duels with nightmaring mages on my rank 32 barbarian. I remember getting tented webbed nightmared and then acid misted to 192 hps from my starting 935 before i could even move. I was legend for both fights while the mages i had fought were not. Seriously seriously seriously agree with daniel, mages need some sort of circumcision, please chop off half of their balls and even the mage class out. if anything just take acid mist away even. I mean The black robed mages get the stun and the power combined.
300 hps mage with tent nightmare and acid mist at rank 19 >  rank 32 barbarian with 935 hps and revification.
               NOT ADDING UP--------------------------------------------^
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 06:28:15 AM by Gramm »

RaVaN

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2013, 06:53:56 AM »
@Gramm

What was your dex/saves and no available npp?  Regardless, I hate mages in general but for the most part I would be happy with "no_relocate/tele" gear and "locate" removed from the game.

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2013, 08:11:03 AM »
I had a couple of duels with nightmaring mages on my rank 32 barbarian. I remember getting tented webbed nightmared and then acid misted to 192 hps from my starting 935 before i could even move. I was legend for both fights while the mages i had fought were not. Seriously seriously seriously agree with daniel, mages need some sort of circumcision, please chop off half of their balls and even the mage class out. if anything just take acid mist away even. I mean The black robed mages get the stun and the power combined.
300 hps mage with tent nightmare and acid mist at rank 19 >  rank 32 barbarian with 935 hps and revification.

1: A single anecdote is not evidence of anything. 
-I am not saying I don't believe you, or that things don't need to change, but this is equivalent to rolling a die 3 times and getting 1 each time and calling it loaded.

2:  We never release the class tweaks until right before the wipe new opens.
-I fiddle with them a lot over the downtime trying to find the sweet spot.  Keep your pants on.

Malaki

• Immortal
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2013, 10:07:15 AM »
--Can follow any alignment.--

Stupid question, but I'm asking it anyway.

Can "FOLLOW" x alignment... means they can be that alignment?
or They cant literally follow other chars of that align?
or Both?

-Thanks

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2013, 07:30:51 PM »
Follow is used here as in "follow the path". I am sorry if that was misleading I could have worded that more clearly.

Can follow any alignment = can select any alignment
Cannot follow evil alignments = cannot select any evil alignment
Cannot follow good alignments = cannot select any good alignment
Can only be X alignment = can only select from X alignments.

You can expect that in Lube® that alignments will shed the Gary Gygax robe of Lameness and be condensed into Good, Evil and Neutral.
Natural 20!

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2013, 01:32:15 AM »
if you're gonna tweak mages i'd suggest looking at the way % spell damage increases work, specifically when you stack a few.

with innate legendary bonus, a some spell damage items (+40-50% is quite achievable), legend dark accord, dragon orb mind afire... it gets disgusting pretty quickly.
that said, there may only be a couple of people or even one person able to get the required set to reach the point where it becomes ridiculous... i have personally seen double rends towards the end of dark accord do in excess of 550hp which is pretty gross.

i never bothered to test the arcane power potion from the alchemy quest either, but if it increased the damage further you could probably one round a 600hp tank no problem.

xellos

• Zoner
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2013, 09:00:23 AM »
300 hps? more like 450hps and 260 flesh shield rank 21 !