Author Topic: March 2nd, 2013 -- Upcoming Changes Preview  (Read 37344 times)

Anasazi

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Gargath's Keep
Re: March 2nd, 2013 -- Upcoming Changes Preview
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2013, 01:49:59 PM »
The simplification of alignment choices to good, neutral, and evil is great.

Al

• Favorite Zone: Caverns of Thorbardin
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2013, 04:36:34 PM »
the changes look pretty cool. i did chuckle at the fact that goblins have excellent intelligence! those scholastically gifted rgbs... i always knew they had it in them!

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2013, 05:00:05 PM »
the changes look pretty cool. i did chuckle at the fact that goblins have excellent intelligence! those scholastically gifted rgbs... i always knew they had it in them!

I guess we can now call them:
the read goblin brigade

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2013, 05:28:04 PM »
Gully Dwarves: Receive increased chance for extra attacks.

I have to ask...is this written properly? Does this increase the chance for extra attacks if it were a barbarian, shaman, a certain class wearing a certain full set, a certain other item or items? Hasted character?

Or does it innately add a chance to deal an extra attack?

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2013, 06:26:20 PM »

Would make more sense if we set Gully Dwarves immune to poison, and after every meal, there is a 33% chance of farting "stinking cloud" and 1% chance of "cloud kill" for the next 4 ticks.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2013, 08:59:22 PM »
a "chance" is a fairly loose description. could be 80% extra attack or 1%. i'd suggest its probably on the lower end of the spectrum though.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2013, 09:26:10 PM »

I have to ask...is this written properly? Does this increase the chance for extra attacks if it were a barbarian, shaman, a certain class wearing a certain full set, a certain other item or items? Hasted character?

Or does it innately add a chance to deal an extra attack?
My best guess is that everybody now gets a small innate chance for an extra attack (like how dodge used to be thief only but now everybody gets it) and gully dwarves have an even better chance. This might help address the problem of +dam scaling poorly with weapons that use both hand slots. Last time I calculated, even a mediocre enchant on a charred bastard with a coral sword offhand would have better dps than the soth sword if the tank had 3dam (including strength bonus)

Jarrad

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Isle of Shadows
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2013, 01:45:11 AM »

My best guess is that everybody now gets a small innate chance for an extra attack (like how dodge used to be thief only but now everybody gets it) and gully dwarves have an even better chance. This might help address the problem of +dam scaling poorly with weapons that use both hand slots. Last time I calculated, even a mediocre enchant on a charred bastard with a coral sword offhand would have better dps than the soth sword if the tank had 3dam (including strength bonus)
[/quote]

6d6 +3 = 24 avg (wardancing 48) max 78

3d6 +2 =12.5 avg (wardancing 25) max 40
4d4 +3 = 13 avg max 19
total = 48 max 59

I think in this case the average damage is misleading... I would personally take the soth sword, looks like the dual wielder needs 10 dam to top the max damage output

RaVaN

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2013, 07:06:09 AM »
Ditto, or (insert trash weapons I like here) just due to the fact that DPS disappears verra rapidly if that barb is disarmed...especially bashed and disarmed.  Big believer that main tank barb always uses a two-hander due to skills plus some other things.

giles

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2013, 11:20:46 AM »

I think in this case the average damage is misleading... I would personally take the soth sword, looks like the dual wielder needs 10 dam to top the max damage output

But, in turn, the soth sword needs a lot more damage to match the min damage of the dual wield example.  Why do you think top damage is important?

corey

• Zoner
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2013, 11:21:47 AM »
Another question on top of gully (not that it looks like that's going to be answered):

Wild elves
Receive a bonus to their bash modifier.

Is that lowering the chance to be bashed or increased chance of landing a bash on an opponent?

Jarrad

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Isle of Shadows
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2013, 11:44:49 AM »
@Corey

edit:  also, does this mean Kagos are better bashers or better at avoiding bashes?
"Receive a bonus to their bash modifier."

Kagonesti are now better at avoiding things that put you on your butt, i.e. bash, charge, etc..

Goblins now have excellent strength and intelligence? I sense another typo!
Not a typo, the smart little goblins have been hitting the gym.

@Giles

Superb skill combined with hitroll items means that you get alot of dice rolls for every attack, unless you are super unlucky, min rolls are ignored *edit This is my interpretation, through gameplay, not from game code
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:01:22 PM by Jarrad »

corey

• Zoner
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2013, 11:47:03 AM »
@Corey

edit:  also, does this mean Kagos are better bashers or better at avoiding bashes?
"Receive a bonus to their bash modifier."

Kagonesti are now better at avoiding things that put you on your butt, i.e. bash, charge, etc..

Goblins now have excellent strength and intelligence? I sense another typo!
Not a typo, the smart little goblins have been hitting the gym.

@Giles

Superb skill combined with hitroll items means that you get alot of dice rolls for every attack, unless you are super unlucky, min rolls are ignored

Whoops must have missed that reply, thanks.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2013, 12:27:08 PM »
Ditto, or (insert trash weapons I like here) just due to the fact that DPS disappears verra rapidly if that barb is disarmed...especially bashed and disarmed.  Big believer that main tank barb always uses a two-hander due to skills plus some other things.

My barb used 2handers as well, but it wasnt for the dps, it was for the nodisarm.

Of course, when I started wearing a -2dam npp then 2hand damage started to resemble dual wield damage.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:32:49 PM by gnua »

Wukong

• God
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2013, 03:58:30 PM »
Hi all friends.
Looks like this will be the first wipe I'll miss since 1995.  Hopefully will be able to check things out at some point.

The changes look neat overall, but no goblin shamans is sadpanda.jpg and confusing.  All hail Lloth.

Dan