Author Topic: Enchanting feedback  (Read 11790 times)

adepali

• Administrator
Enchanting feedback
« on: October 26, 2016, 03:56:23 PM »
This is the thread for feedback on enchanting.

Onea

Re: Enchanting feedback
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 05:45:07 PM »
Haven't tried it yet, but theoretically if it requires disenchanting items, that could lead to much fewer items in the world merchant. I'm not a fan of that idea.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 07:09:05 PM »
I must have missed a thread in the Russian spam.

adepali

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 03:00:20 AM »
Haven't tried it yet, but theoretically if it requires disenchanting items, that could lead to much fewer items in the world merchant. I'm not a fan of that idea.

This is true, and it is something we expected to happen.
Two points:

• Once people figure out the details of the system, we expect some items to be once again available at the world merchant. True, there will be less than before, but the world merchant will still be useful.
  • We hope that the system will incentivise people to drain rather than store equip they don't need, resulting to more loads.

Another concern is pkill, as we expect people to drain looted eq, reducing the victims' chance to recover it. As implied in HELP SPELL DRAIN MAGIC, items with lower timers will generate lower quality motes, and we expect the increased load rate to balance this to some extent, but we'd like more feedback in this area.

Raster

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 06:56:06 AM »
You are at 4.03% from increasing your affinity with the ring.

This number is increasing per kill, so its telling me Im getting further away from the goal.

-Raster

Episte

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 09:17:31 AM »

This is true, and it is something we expected to happen.
Two points:

• Once people figure out the details of the system, we expect some items to be once again available at the world merchant. True, there will be less than before, but the world merchant will still be useful.
  • We hope that the system will incentivise people to drain rather than store equip they don't need, resulting to more loads.

Another concern is pkill, as we expect people to drain looted eq, reducing the victims' chance to recover it. As implied in HELP SPELL DRAIN MAGIC, items with lower timers will generate lower quality motes, and we expect the increased load rate to balance this to some extent, but we'd like more feedback in this area.

definitely forming some preemptive thoughts on motes...and will be happy to share them probably via pm or open topic in a couple days depending on final solo findings.  Aware they're a work in progress, but feeling like I might eventually be able to offer something useful on the topic sometime...

a wispy mote of condensed magic..it glows blue [36]
a wispy mote of condensed magic..it glows blue [2]
a faint mote of condensed magic..it glows blue

but I'm giving myself some time so I don't come into it like a penisawrus erextus

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 09:51:41 AM »

My guess is that looted eq will be come more recoverable because it will get drained rather than given to an alt.  My question is whether there will be increased motivation to kill less geared people and drain their eq.

Kafilat

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 05:47:00 PM »

I was of the same mind initially but then realized that this would basically just mean that more eq gets drained = more eq loads in zone = problem more or less sorts itself out.  There's also a fair bit of decent gear that doesn't provide motes for whatever reason that will probably just stay on the merchant so it's not like the merchant will just forever be desolate.  As of this post it's 8pm on a weekday and there's five pages of stuff on the world merchant, for example.

I'm a little concerned of the fact that mages don't have to pay 200-whatever coins/drain like everyone else, which will either contribute to a rise in mage alts (whether that's good or bad is up to you) or result in a drastic cost savings compared to other classes (unlikely; it's easier to just make a mage).

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 07:17:19 AM »
How do you use a damn mote!

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 08:08:41 AM »
e mote

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 09:16:31 AM »
How do you use a damn mote!

go south of jenna in palanthas and type list.  it's kind of like a rank merchant where you spend attunement instead of ranks and motes instead of coins

mikey

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 11:17:43 PM »
this enchanting systems seems like a really neat addition.

thanks to those involved for continuing to improve the game!

Patpat

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 01:06:18 AM »
my ring disappeared from my inventory. i have no idea how or why it left but it didn't make it's own way back to the vault like it typically does. is there a way to retrieve it?

Kafilat

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 05:24:35 AM »
My guess is that looted eq will be come more recoverable because it will get drained rather than given to an alt.  My question is whether there will be increased motivation to kill less geared people and drain their eq.

One perhaps unintended side affect I can see with the current iteration is that the next 8man that loses a fight is going to have all of their gear that the other side doesn't want disenchanted, so pretty much no chance to recover your stuff unless you can hit them back without anything but shop gear in the ~2-5 minutes it takes them to recite drain magic scrolls on everything.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 08:34:55 AM »
is nice to see some options like imm fear and nosummon and invisi that arent available to rank. any chance of letting people buy continual light for their ring?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 10:50:52 AM by gnua »